PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to my humble abode

Alpha Dude
08-03-2010, 10:40 PM
http://www.wimp.com/dreamhome/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
08-03-2010, 10:57 PM
I had to watch without sound right now.....

Quaint. :) It is certainly enough for an individual or a couple.

Muslim Woman
08-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Salaam bro

net speed is slow ; can't watch video :(

PouringRain
08-03-2010, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam bro

It is an 84 sq. ft. wooden "cottage" with gas containers outside for the stove, and solar panels. It has a pull down table and a loft bed. There is a tiny "bathroom" that could use a bit more privacy.

I put cottage in quotes, because it is technically not a cottage. It is on wheels and has a license plate, so it must be a trailer. But it has a cottage type look to it. And I put bathroom in quotes because I saw a toilet, but I don't recall seeing a shower or anything else?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
08-03-2010, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam bro

Wa alaykum salam,

It's just a short clip about a woman who sold her proper house and started living in a small compact trailer mounted one she built cheaply herself. I found it attractive in a humble sort of way.

cat eyes
08-03-2010, 11:47 PM
that little house is cute :) but wouldnt she keep bumping her head lol

id live in it for a while but then id feel frustrated

Dagless
08-04-2010, 12:18 AM
What happens when she has a visitor who needs to use the toilet? :O
Oh and where's the tv and pc and xbox and george foreman grill? :O :O

Alpha Dude
08-04-2010, 12:32 AM
What happens when she has a visitor who needs to use the toilet? :O
She can look away whilst doing some small talk with her guest for a few awkward moments. :D

Oh and where's the tv and pc and xbox and george foreman grill? :O :O
Lol. I suppose her purpose was to get away from these type of things.

Here's another cool video:

PouringRain
08-04-2010, 02:08 AM
His house is just too cute. I think instead of the frosted door in front of the bathroom, I'd put up a curtain. I also like that the other woman had solar panels. Although I am more a fan of wind energy (wind turbine). Of course, one would have to live in an area that gets good wind. Otherwise I could see where solar would work better. In a small space, I'd also buy a toilet-sink: http://sinkpositive.com/site/home/

I had a friend who passed along a couple of websites where you can purchase these tiny homes:

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/houses/

http://www.tinygreencabins.com/

But what I am really a fan of is these types of tiny homes: :statisfie

sister herb
08-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Cute "trailer" houses. They are almost same size than my little summer cottage at country side. But I prefer to live a larger house most time of the year.

syilla
08-04-2010, 08:46 AM
i guess i really need to click on the link before i can really understand this thread hoho

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

wow that house was awesome, infact i wouldnt mind living in that, and i wouldnt mind if it was smaller than that:D

Cute and Geeky lil Appartment

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

cat eyes
08-04-2010, 06:55 PM
i sent my dad those vids and he said they would be in trouble if a really wild storm came:giggling:

because my dad build a shed once exactly like those and they got blown away in a really wild storm

is there any solutions for this? they'd be better off building cement house. this is what people usually do these days ;D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-04-2010, 07:43 PM
^Yes and i prefer mine cement material! Thanks for the nex beneficial idea sis!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!