/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Facebook?

abu_musab461
08-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Salam,

who is on facebook here?

If so why do you use it for? Socializing? Dawah?

If not, why not? do you think its too much fithna?

I know facebook produces a love / hate response so what to see the different opions and reasons from the people here

jazak Allah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
08-04-2010, 12:48 AM
I hardly use it, only so I can keep in contact with people I know

I know some people use it for dawah, like my mate he posts up a 'hadith of the day' which is a really good cause loads of non-muslims will end up reading it

fitna isn't bad if you stick to people of your own gender and your mahram family members

PouringRain
08-04-2010, 12:48 AM
I am on facebook, but I do not use facebook at all. I joined up, because I was asked to by family members. I log in once every couple of months just to glance around and let people know that I am not dead. :)

abu_musab461
08-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Alhamdulliah i use it frequently, for many reason, mainly for dawah, but since im at university and my class mates are on there, i can arrange group meetings and keep other members upto date with things.

With regards to dawah, i often post links to other sites, or interesting questions on Islam Q&A and also videos that give advice to muslims.

Some times a hadith or a reminder, maybe something you heard during the juma khuthbah comes to mind and you can share it with people.

eg. DUA IS THE WEAPON OF THE BELIEVER THAT HE MUST USE TO FIGHT ALL HIS PROBLEMS AND DUA IS ALSO HIS SHIELD THAT PROTECTS HIM FROM CALAMITIES

It has so much potentional and it can be used to advertise a muslim business or promote a particular product.

I think the chat feature is quite important because you can see who is online and maybe keep in touch with family member who you wouldnt normally call or text.

Its good for keeping family ties.

Sometimes you might like an item you found online and want other people's or family member's opnions so you can send them a message with a link to the item.

its very practical,

i think the people who are put off by the fear of the potentional fithna dont quite understand how much control you can have other your own profile.

You dont have to share everyhting with the world, only who want to.

Oh i forgot to mention its easy to upload and share pictures and videos and comment on them etc.

There's so much you can do with face book its amazing.

If you want someone to see a particular dawah poster or event poster just tag them in the picture!

no im not getting paid to promote facebook lol :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
08-04-2010, 08:41 AM
assallamualaikum...

I'm selling abaya :hiding: in fb of course huhu

Salahudeen
08-04-2010, 12:23 PM
I've asked questions to Bilal Phillips on FB and he replied lol.

Life_Is_Short
08-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Left facebook ages ago. There was too much fitnah coming from my own friends.

May Allah SWT guide them.

Wa'salam

أحمد
08-04-2010, 01:01 PM
:sl:

I joined and left it years ago; there's always junk mail coming in from there. I was asked to join by one of my teachers, but once I joined; I didn't see any use of keeping the account.

:wa:

Innocent Soul
08-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Assalamualaikum
Alhamdullilah There are good groups for the religious members. I sometimes talk to my friends and I don't add strangers to my friend list,Its not that much bad. I don't waste much time on it.

aadil77
08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Left facebook ages ago. There was too much fitnah coming from my own friends.

May Allah SWT guide them.

Wa'salam
yh you can find your mates spreading fitna if they aren't very religious

sister herb
08-04-2010, 02:43 PM
I joined to fb some years ago by request of some my friends whose are living very far from me like in South and Central Asia but I don´t use it very much as I can keep contact to them also by other ways. I don´t add strangers, only if they are friends of my friends already.

Sawdah
08-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I deactivate my FB a while ago because was the people I've added as friends. I wasn't interested in knowing the concert they went to or the status they're in. I gave up because the things they put up are just so haraam and a fitnah. May Allah guide them as well.

Jelani
08-04-2010, 04:29 PM
I have posted on my page that this is a muslim page, no requeast accepted from the opposite sex unless they are family. But the fitnah is rampant there. If you can use it as a means of tableegh and Dawah, communication and to keep the unity of the communiyt, then I say all the more power to you. Just be cautious, it can become very easy to spend/waste lots of time chatting and playing haraam games. I rarely go on there myself except to speak with people about Islam or to my children that aren't Muslim. May Allah guide us and protect us from the evil in ourselves and the whisperings of Shaytaan...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Im on geeky FB, but i never use it and plus its boring (well for me) SubhaanAllaah but yeah true theres loadsa Fitnah, i have many who post lectures and Nasheeds and verses of the Quraan, but also others :-\, it depends on how you use it i guess. Anyway there are many Shiekh i heard that supposedly use that, and those who use to keep in contact with family members and friends etc etc. so again it depends how you use it!

So yeah

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

abu_musab461
08-04-2010, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
I've asked questions to Bilal Phillips on FB and he replied lol.

No way!! thats soooo cool masha Allah

abu_musab461
08-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Yeah i suppose it helps if you have a good set of close frineds on facebook who can see what your getting up to, and a definate rule for both brothers and sisters is even if you get a friend request from the opposite sex, dont be tempted to accept it, because it will no doubt lead to fitna.

So called sisters have pictures of them selves with no hijaab, so called brothers post videos of music and spreading the evil like that.

Sharing photos and ppl of opposite genders can see them and saying "Oh your sooo cute" etc

People need to fear Allah.

Dont share your personal pictures with anyone other than specific family members.

I've changed the settings on my profile and i have specific catagories for specific people, eg. anyone in the family category can see my personal photos of kids and me.

So its true you need to be careful, but i reacon if you follow the rules then Facebook can become a powerful tool of dawah.

Allah Knows Best

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-04-2010, 11:54 PM
It's like anything else. Depends on how you use it.

Bintulislam
08-07-2010, 04:01 AM
I enjoyed my time on fb but was taken back by the hateful groups that the fb authorities allow to exist mainly against Islam-blasphemous stuff.I think everyone can easily recall the putting up of "Everybody draw Muhammad(S.A.W.W) Day"this year.It was so painful.After that I couldn't muster up the courage to be on that site again.Though many I know are using it.I like blogging better.

Peace be upon you.

Vigno
08-07-2010, 04:26 AM
Asalamu Alekum

According to me, Facebook is an exterior communication tool. People add others according to the pictures they see or whatever and then they keep showing each others pictures, so obviously it is a wide door of going astray. I do have a facebook account but there is only my sister there and its funny when we live together and send each other some nice messages. They should create a Characterbook for a change, then perhaps people can be friends according to characters and not what the face portrays.
Wonder if the number of users of it will be 0?!!!

Asalamu Alekum

S_87
08-07-2010, 12:11 PM
keep in touch with family/friends

LauraS
08-08-2010, 11:35 AM
I think facebook is fine and safe depending on how you use it. I just use it to keep in touch with friends, not to talk to strangers. I certainly wouldn't go to meet someone from there on my own. I have no troubles with it.

cat eyes
08-08-2010, 12:35 PM
:sl: brother

these threads that are being made about facebook all the time on this forum nearly always turns in to a fitnah among members here with the disagreements that come up about it which then turns in to 30 page argument which should be avoided.

so i think this discussion is of no benefit at all to any of us. if people use fb thats there own buisness and if people don't use it for some reason then thats there own buisness also.

it seems to me that members are advertising the site because of the thousands of threads we already have about fb lol thats just the impression i'm getting.

so this thread should be put in the trash bin :ermm:

Vigno
08-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Salamu Alekum

Quite true...you have a very good point. But I just added one more point to the number of posts...oops

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!