/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how do i get up for fajr

nutty
08-04-2010, 11:53 AM
I no the benefits of fajr, teh punishment for missing out fajr, i wana get up, i make intention, i ask myself why i wana get fro fajr wats teh purpose, read my duas, ask Allah for help me i put on 3 alarms.............................come Fajr time, i get up switch the alarm off sometimes i dnt realise ive nodded off, sometimes i say few more mins, sometime my bodily fells so heavy to get up but am awake dan suddendly i nod off...........i hate myself in teh mornging..........what does i do???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
08-04-2010, 12:05 PM
:sl:

You may find this thread useful: http://www.islamicboard.com/t134278474/

Snowflake
08-04-2010, 12:07 PM
:sl: If you sleep late then as you know it isn't easy to get up without a struggle. You either can or you can't. But if you sleep after Isha - meaning right after which is the sunnah of the prophet (saw) then there'll be no problems waking up for Fajr.

sabr*
08-04-2010, 12:08 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

nutty

Surah An Nisa 4:103

When you have finished As-Salat (the prayer - congregational), remember Allah standing, sitting down, and lying down on your sides, but when you are free from danger, perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as- Salat). Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours.
(Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan translation)

As for performing Fajr on time, try to sleep early so that you don't wake up tired and fall back to sleep. If you have work that you have to do late at night, try to do it in the morning after your Fajr Prayer. Your mind will be much clearer. Also, ask someone in your house to wake you up to pray with you. If you live by yourself, one of the very effective ways is to agree with a friend of yours to wake each others over the phone to pray Fajr on time. You will be helping each other in an important act of worship. Also, put the alarm far from your bed, because the most difficult thing is to actually get up out of the bed. Therefore, by getting up to turn it off, you can simply go to the bathroom, wash, and pray.

Read more: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...#ixzz0vddCs6Cu

Jazakumullahu Khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cuezed
08-04-2010, 01:21 PM
sleep in the state of wudhu and sleep on your right inshaAllah

nutty
08-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Jazak-allah for al ur replies.............
1 of the problem is that i go to bed afta Isha but cant sleep until after midnight....wat do i do to make myself sleep quickly.......any ideas

Vigno
08-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Asalamu Alekum

Dear nutty,

May I ask you why you can't sleep till midnight? Then I will try to help you inshallah

asalamu alekum

brotherubaid
08-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Leave or reduce sins , for night prayer an fajr alike , here is evidence for it from the sunnah , from ahadeeth n athaar , for both tahajud n fajr.

a youth once asked ibn abbas or ibn masood ( cant remmebr which of them exactly) that he cannot pray fajr in congragation , so he replied " your sins have increased!"

so wether u are trying to wake up for tahajud or fajr u need to reduce your sins.

Further more it was reported from aishah radi Allahu anha that she said " u will not meet Allah with anything better than lack of sins.

and with Allah lies tawfeeq

assalam o alikum

sabr*
08-04-2010, 07:48 PM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 11, Number 626:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "No prayer is harder for the hypocrites than the Fajr and the 'Isha' prayers and if they knew the reward for these prayers at their respective times, they would certainly present themselves (in the mosques) even if they had to c awl." The Prophet added, "Certainly I decided to order the Mu'adh-dhin (call-maker) to pronounce Iqama and order a man to lead the prayer and then take a fire flame to burn all those who had not left their houses so far for the prayer along with their houses."

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-05-2010, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nutty
Jazak-allah for al ur replies.............
1 of the problem is that i go to bed afta Isha but cant sleep until after midnight....wat do i do to make myself sleep quickly.......any ideas
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Do you wake up early? Wake up early and sleep early then InshaAllaah you`ll get up for Fajr, i speak from experience. If not then InshaAllaah someone should be able to advice you!

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

nutty
08-06-2010, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=Vigno;1357002]Asalamu Alekum

Dear nutty,

May I ask you why you can't sleep till midnight? Then I will try to help you inshallah

asalamu alekum

I dnt know y i cant sleep til afta midnight, its every day of the week, i go to bed afta esha but i wld be twisting and turn to try and fall asleep but i cant dont no what the prob is?? :-(

Darth Ultor
08-06-2010, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 11, Number 626:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "No prayer is harder for the hypocrites than the Fajr and the 'Isha' prayers and if they knew the reward for these prayers at their respective times, they would certainly present themselves (in the mosques) even if they had to c awl." The Prophet added, "Certainly I decided to order the Mu'adh-dhin (call-maker) to pronounce Iqama and order a man to lead the prayer and then take a fire flame to burn all those who had not left their houses so far for the prayer along with their houses."
You can pray Salah in your house or at work. What if there is no mosque in your area to get to fajr to on time?

Salahudeen
08-06-2010, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=nutty;1357484]
format_quote Originally Posted by Vigno
Asalamu Alekum

Dear nutty,

asalamu alekum

I dnt know y i cant sleep til afta midnight, its every day of the week, i go to bed afta esha but i wld be twisting and turn to try and fall asleep but i cant dont no what the prob is?? :-(
Nutty what time are you waking up every day? you have to be awake for about 12 hours then after that you'll start to feel sleepy. When I've been awake for 14 hours that's when I feel sleepy, so get up 14 hours before the time you want to sleep and you might feel tired then everyone is different.

For example if I wanted to sleep at 11 pm I would wake up at 8am so by the time 11pm comes I've been awake for 15 hours and feeling sleepy.

Vigno
08-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Asalamu Alekum

Read this when you are twisting and turning at night and inshallah you will be able to sleep.

"لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ الْوَاحِدُ اْقَهَّارُ، رَبُّ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا الْعَزِيزُ الْغَفَّارُ".
Laa ‘ilaaha ‘illallaahul-Waahidul-Qahhaaru, Rabbus-samaawaati wal’ardhi wa maa baynahumal-’Azeezul-Ghaffaaru.

There is none worthy of worship but Allah, the One, the Victorious, Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, the All-Mighty, the All-Forgiving.

Also, before sleeping read Ayat al Qursi ( page 42 of surah al bakara (from "Allahu la ilaha ila Huwa......wa Huwa al aliyu al atheem") ) and the last two ayahs of Surah al bakara, Satan flees from a house where surah al bakara is read. One who reads the last two ayahs of surah al bakara before sleep is as if he or she woke up at night to pray(of course actually waking up is better). If you can, before you sleep, also say subhanah Allah 33, alhamdulilah 33, alahu akbar 34.
It seems a lot but its not, trust me =)

May Allah help you inshallah, I will pray for you.

Asalamu Alekum

nutty
08-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Jazak=allah khair every1 will try ur suggestions....

sabr*
08-10-2010, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
You can pray Salah in your house or at work. What if there is no mosque in your area to get to fajr to on time?
Salam Boaz:

You actually answered your own question. If there isn't a Masjid in a persons area they would have to make prayer at the place they are at.

h-n
08-10-2010, 02:58 AM
I've had plenty of times where I have changed my sleeping patterns, and it can be done, ie be determined not to go to sleep until such and such a time and don't go back to sleep if you get up, you have to remember it need only be done once so if you got up for Fajr did not go back to sleep, and then went back to sleep after Isha prayer then you are tired and should fall asleep before Midnight. Then then it would help you wake up for Fajr and then you can again stay awake until after Isha. Yes, people do go to sleep after Fajr or in the afternoon, so its up to you what you find comfortable with As long as you are determined so much that you refuse to go back to sleep after 7/8 am etc.

I'm just in a habit of being nocturnal. So I am already awake when Fajr starts then go to sleep for a bit until morning, then take a nap in the afternoon, depending on when I finish work etc. So its time for me to prayer for Fajr now and I will have 4 hours sleep and then get up. I have changed to sleeping through the night, but keep slipping back to being awake at night. Which is always been years of habit, even when I went to School but as I am thinking of Islam, it isn't an issue, because I don't sit up watching TV etc. I will not going to be changing it now, as I want to stay up for Ramadan.

Hamza Asadullah
08-26-2010, 03:45 PM
:sl:

Put all three alarms in places where you will find it very quite tedious to get to them. That way you will have to wake up to get to them. Do not put them in easy places. Set them 5 minutes apart. Inshallah this way you will never have trouble getting up for Fajr. This month is the best way to get into the habit of waking up for Fajr and also making a habit for Tahajjud.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!