/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of weeds forever???!!!!!

Salahudeen
08-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Does any1 know? :hmm: I'm tired of pulling weeds out every month it's so anoying. I put weed killer down on the drive way but it doesn't last very long :( they grow back after a while. Does anyone know a weed killer that kills them permanently?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Indunisiy
08-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Instead of getting rid of them, why not use them? For example, you could weave them together to form small decorations.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-05-2010, 07:59 AM
:sl:
i don't think you can. you just have to keep removing them.

there is something called weed mat (or something like that) which you lay down under the soil. so if you wanted to plant something you dig out the soil and place the weed mat down then put the soil back. this acts as a barrier to the weeds. the weeds do grow only they reach as far as the weed mat-which isn't very far considering the weed mat is placed relatively deeper underground.

our neighbors had that, but i still recall that weeds did develop, but not to the extent of before.

Instead of getting rid of them, why not use them? For example, you could weave them together to form small decorations.
the minute you pull them out of the ground they are deprived of nutriments and that will result in them looking dead, turning brown. so basically they are useless (and ugly).

Soulja Girl
08-05-2010, 08:07 AM

Carry on usin weed killer eneh, you'll never be able to get rid of em anyway.. Check B&Q out, they have a variety of weed killers.. :)

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
08-05-2010, 09:11 AM
InshaAllah this will be great for your problematic drive way..

Salt – It was once a known war tactic to salt the fields of enemies. Salting the earth was also used as punishment for severe crimes in several countries throughout history. The reason is because salt will kill plants and will make the ground unsuitable for future plant growth. On a small scale, you can drop a small pinch of table salt at the base of the undesirable plants. It will kill the plant but will dilute down to harmless in the next few rainfalls. On a larger scale, you can cover your gravel driveway or your ex’s yard with a good amount of salt and nothing will grow there for months. (FYI, it is illegal to salt another person’s property. It’s called vandalism.)

Check out the other homemade weed killers: http://www.thisgardenisillegal.com/2...d-killers.html

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Hey i have this Q, and i apologise if i make anyone angry or upset, but this weed brother Squiggle spoke off, is it the same weed as the drug weed? the one retards get drugged up on? or am wrong :-\ InshaAllaah i have so less info bout boring stuff about boring drugs im not sure :-\
Jazakallahu Khaayr

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

cat eyes
08-05-2010, 04:17 PM

maybe cement the area where the weeds are? of course it depends where the weeds are growing.

im sure you could find some gardening tips online :p

PouringRain
08-05-2010, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Hey i have this Q, and i apologise if i make anyone angry or upset, but this weed brother Squiggle spoke off, is it the same weed as the drug weed? the one retards get drugged up on? or am wrong :-\ InshaAllaah i have so less info bout boring stuff about boring drugs im not sure :-\
Jazakallahu Khaayr

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

I am pretty certain he is just talking about weeds-weeds...... like kind that grow up in your grass and flower beds and can take over to the point of having no grass. Some have terrible burrs, or other annoyances.

I don't think he is talking about the drug "weed." Although, if he was growing that I am sure he'd want to get rid of that completely also!

Salahudeen
08-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks for all the replies :)

We're going to get the front drive dug up and have it block paved. The guy said he'll put some sheets down to stop the weeds from coming through. Does anyone happen to know the technical/correct name of the sheets?

Insecured soul
08-06-2010, 09:50 AM
dont wanna spoil this thread, but when i saw the subject line i felt the poster is addicted to weed (hashish/Cannabis/) hehe ;D
my bad
but when i read the content of the thread i was relaxed, im sure the poster is like :heated::enough!::coolalien

salaam brother squiggle, hope ur doing fine

Salahudeen
08-06-2010, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul
dont wanna spoil this thread, but when i saw the subject line i felt the poster is addicted to weed (hashish/Cannabis/) hehe ;D
my bad
but when i read the content of the thread i was relaxed, im sure the poster is like :heated::enough!::coolalien

salaam brother squiggle, hope ur doing fine
LOOOOL X10 alhamdulilah bro, hope you are fine also. :)

aadil77
08-06-2010, 09:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
Thanks for all the replies :)

We're going to get the front drive dug up and have it block paved. The guy said he'll put some sheets down to stop the weeds from coming through. Does anyone happen to know the technical/correct name of the sheets?
weeds will eventually get through those sheets too, get them to spray some bleach or somethin strong before doing the drive, a few layers of sheets might do it

Salahudeen
08-06-2010, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
weeds will eventually get through those sheets too, get them to spray some bleach or somethin strong before doing the drive, a few layers of sheets might do it
Ah jazakallah khair akhi for your advice, I have no clue on how to direct them. kinda worried they will do a crap job and take the money. Ok I will tell them to do as you said :)

aadil77
08-06-2010, 10:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
Ah jazakallah khair akhi for your advice, I have no clue on how to direct them. kinda worried they will do a crap job and take the money. Ok I will tell them to do as you said :)
akhi I'd be careful if some cowboy builders have come along and given you a cheap quote, you'll have to make sure they're doing a proper job - even if that means you're in their face 24/7 telling them what to do

trust me, I've had all the experiences with cowboy builders

if you read this you'll get an idea of how the job should be done http://www.whatprice.co.uk/building/driveway.html

PouringRain
08-06-2010, 02:50 PM
We have bought weed control cloth and had the same problem that others here mentioned-- the weeds still grow up through it. I will tell you what we put down in our back area that worked much better..... we bought those extra thick garbage bags. The large black ones that are industrial strength that you buy at like a hardware store or something. Then we cut them open and put them down where we had dug out. We have not had any weeds in that area at all.

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-06-2010, 03:41 PM
When I read the title of the thread 'How to get rid of weeds forever???!!!!!' I thought someone was asking about The Weed (cannabis) lol

cat eyes
08-06-2010, 04:11 PM
seriously getting it cemented is the best way.. this is what every one does. its cheap and easy.:muslimah:

PouringRain
08-06-2010, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
seriously getting it cemented is the best way.. this is what every one does. its cheap and easy.:muslimah:
I wish cement were cheap out where I live! Having a cement driveway poured out here can cost several thousands.

cat eyes
08-06-2010, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
I wish cement were cheap out where I live! Having a cement driveway poured out here can cost several thousands.
haha are u serious? well i think squiggles drive way is not huge:X

abu_musab461
08-06-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't think Squiggle is growing any Cannabis on his drive... :)

Just normal irritating weeds.

I've been battling weeds for 4 years and and have finally won.

I've tried special weed killers from B&Q that were suppose to kill the roots, but weeds being weeds, you kill one the entire family come back with a vengeance.

I've tried throwing salt on them and yes the leaves will die, but the problem is the roots are often many feet deep so they just grow back again.

I've tried digging 3 feet deep and pulling out each weed from the root individually.... that we extremely pain staking... word cant describe.

All it takes is some weed seeds to land in your garden and then that's it- back to square one.

After much blood, sweat and battle scars i've come up with the perfect solution.

Plant grass seeds. Might now work on a drive but works well in gardens.

The grass is an excellent and most welcome weed and it complete with other weeds and wins.

So grass wont let other weeds grow. On a large scale anyway, you might need to pull out the odd one that grows here and there.

But its not so bad trust me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!