/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it cool to disobey parents?

UsepKertarajasa
08-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Raheem.

Allah (SWT) says in the Glorious Qur'an:

“And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents. Unto Me is the final destination”
[Luqmaan 31:14]

“And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour. And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: ‘My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was young.’”
[al-Isra’ 17:23-24]

It is not for a son or daughter to say as much as " uff " to his/her parents, thereby showing even the slightest bit of frustration. Instead we have been commanded to lower to them our wings of submission, showing the utmost respect and to pray for them.

Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings be upon him) said: “Two things for which the punishment is hastened in this world: injustice and disobedience to parents.”
[Narrated by al-Haakim, Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 2810.]

“Worship Allah and join none with Him (in worship); and do good to parents”
[al-Nisa’ 4:36]

The Prophet (peace & blessings be upon him) said: “The pleasure of Allah is in pleasing one’s father and the anger of Allah is in angering one’s father.”
[Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1821]

Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings be upon him) said: “Shall I not tell you of the greatest of major sins?” – three times – his companions (may Allah be pleased with them) said, “Yes, O Messenger of Allah.” He said: “Associating others in worship with Allah, and disobeying one’s parents,” – and he was reclining, but he sat up and said, “And false speech and false witness.”
[Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2654; Muslim, 126]

When can a person disobey his/her parents?

In the Qur'an, Allah (SWT) has mentioned only one condition under which it is commanded to disobey parents; and that is if they are taking you away from the path of Allah, asking you to associate partners with Allah. However, even in this scenario, the permission is not given to be rude or aggressive with the parents. Allah (SWT) mentions in the Qur'an:

"And We have enjoined on man to be good and dutiful to his parents, but if they strive to make you join with Me anything (as a partner) of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not. Unto Me is your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do.”
[al-Ankaboot 29:8]

May Allah (SWT) make us of those who are extremely kind to their parents; who go out of their way to comfort and care for them in the best possible manner.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Jazakallahu Khaayr
Beneficial thread

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!