/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan Pics 2010

Nájlá
08-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Asalamu Alaykum,

Just a few days until Ramadan Approaches us again. I pray that everyone makes the most of this blessed Month...

Like every Ramadan share the Ramadan pics.

Br. north_Malaysian, here... looking forward to the Pics you always share with us during Ramadan and from everybody else.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
08-05-2010, 12:03 PM
^The first 2 pictures in that blog are from Masjid Al-Haram, Makkah.

5th picture onwards are from Masjid Nabawi. 3rd and 4th picture are general, it cannot be said where it is from.

ardianto
08-05-2010, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Why don't you tell us to click the letters above if we want to see the pictures ?. I was waiting for pictures that never appear.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

MashaAllaah great thread

Jazakallahu Khaayr sis!, i iz also looking forward to the pics however this is my first Ramadhaan on geeki Li

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-05-2010, 04:26 PM
^Jazakallahu Khaayran Akhee, i appreciate the link

north_malaysian
08-06-2010, 03:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nájlá
Asalamu Alaykum,

Just a few days until Ramadan Approaches us again. I pray that everyone makes the most of this blessed Month...

Like every Ramadan share the Ramadan pics.

Br. north_Malaysian, here... looking forward to the Pics you always share with us during Ramadan and from everybody else.

InshAllah!!!!! Thanks for starting this thread.. :statisfie

Nájlá
08-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks for creating this thread. I think this thread should only be visible to us after iftar until Suhoor. :hmm:

Pics from Ramadan 2009, Masjid e Nabawi.
Nice pictures... and Thats not possible since were all over the world. :><:

I know this has nothing with Ramadan but oh well am posting them here. Someone sent me these pics of Hajj 2009 and I must say I've never saw pics of Hajj as beautiful as these. Mashallah! ....and sori if you've already saw theme :hiding:

cat eyes
08-10-2010, 02:02 PM
cool thread sis :D

sister herb
08-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks for creating this thread. I think this thread should only be visible to us after iftar until Suhoor. :hmm:
Sorry if I ask something stubid.

How to make it when time zones are different?

جوري
08-10-2010, 02:17 PM
I received those Hajj pictures too but couldn't upload them from email, they were gorgeous... I imposed on a mod here to post some of them but felt ashamed to keep asking after a while lol.. thanks for uploading those..

sister herb
08-11-2010, 08:05 AM
capte8436e4ca7214327ab6b2dad0bc9784a e8436e4ca7214327ab6b2dad0bc9784a 0?x400&ampy257&ampq85&ampsigKX6hhzr  X7PXmEbEJe8vw   -

A Palestinian child plays with fireworks on the first day of Ramadan at Shati refugee camp in Gaza city, Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2010. During the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, observant Muslims abstain from eating, drinking and smoking from sunrise to sunset.
(AP Photo/Adel Hana)

sister herb
08-11-2010, 10:56 AM
captphoto 1281501594297 1 0?x400&ampy264&ampq85&ampsigI7wHVNemx1bd6YOvlmfmhw   -

Indonesian women pray during the first night of Ramadan in Jakarta. Muslims in much of the Middle East begin the fasting month of Ramadan Wednesday during an especially gruelling time of the year, with sweltering heat and extremely long daylight hours.
(AFP/Adek Berry)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Masha`Allaah these pictures are amazing, they remind us of as were not the only ones that are fasting. its a blessing Alhamdulilaah!

Its Ramadhaan Alhamdulilaah that i made it with all my brothers and sistahs in Islaam.

tango92
08-11-2010, 11:36 AM
salaams! guess whos back from umrah? i got a few pics to show you guys, so i thought why not post em here

ok so this first one is from jordan, its the grave of hadhrat yusha bin noon AS

this is the sunrise from the Jable Noor. ie the cave of hira mountain

these are some of the baboons that live their. whilst i was praying two rakat nafl they stole by bag.:exhausted luckily there was a woman nearby who managed to snatch it back. but by then they had gotten two large bottles of zamzam out of their. one of which was frozen. that must have made their day ;D

this is the view just after fajr from the top of the mountain, Alhumdulillah the Haramain looks great from up here. and you can imagine just how far it was that the prophet saws would treck just to get here.

this is from the roof of the haramain, i think i took it just before the Isha prayer

theyve closed half the roof, so i thought this would make a good pic. i dont know that guy btw but he does make for good candid photography.

ill upload some more if i havent bored you guys to death already. its a shame cause most of our pics have my family in them,

ابن آل مرة
08-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Nice pics brother tango. you are indeed blessed to be in Makkah during Ramadan.

sister herb
08-11-2010, 01:48 PM
capt0c1c64dab5fd4dad8e3df3f6a2b4d352 0c1c64dab5fd4dad8e3df3f6a2b4d352 0?x400&ampy266&ampq85&ampsig0Lq80VcZvx11MOooNR2WcA   -

cat eyes
08-11-2010, 02:15 PM
omg thanks for sharing brother tango:p welcome back

please share more picts

ramadhan kareem :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum
Guess what Geeky Brother Tangos back from UMRAH! MashaAllaah i can see that you had a wonderful time there akhi
Jazakallahu Khaayr for sharing the Pics and no you didnt bore us with the images.

Hope you had a great time and Ramadhaan Mubarak Akh!

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

aadil77
08-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Ramadan Around the World in pictures

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...-pictures.html

Raaina
08-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Lovely pics. I loved the one with the women all bending down in prayer :)

sister herb
08-14-2010, 11:16 AM

Nájlá
08-14-2010, 05:31 PM

Palestinian families decorate their windows with lights for the upcoming Muslim
holy fasting month of Ramadan in the West Bank city of Ramallah on August 9, 2010

Blast walls are seen protecting a market as Iraqis buy groceries in preparation
for the Muslim holy month of Ramadan in Baghdad on August 9, 2010.
The start of Ramadan, the ninth and holiest month in the Muslim calendar, is traditionally
determined by the sighting of a new moon.

A worker displays cookies at a bakery ahead of Islam's
holy fasting month of Ramadan on August 10, 2010

People play with fireworks to celebrate the holy month of Ramadan, in Gaza City, on August 10, 2010.

-Elle-
08-14-2010, 09:53 PM
More beautiful pictures MashAllah:

http://www.ctv.ca/gallery/html/ramad...13/index_.html

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-14-2010, 10:15 PM
^MashaAllaah those pics are amazing sis
Jazakallahu Khaayr for sharing!

manaal
08-15-2010, 02:41 AM
this is the view just after fajr from the top of the mountain, Alhumdulillah the Haramain looks great from up here. and you can imagine just how far it was that the prophet saws would treck just to get here.

this is from the roof of the haramain, i think i took it just before the Isha prayer
Your pictures are so beautiful. I live so close to Makkah but rarely get a chance to visit and spend some time there. :-(

Brother Tango: "Haramain" means the "two harams", viz, Makkah and Madinah.
I think the correct term here is "Al Haram" or "Masjidul Haram" which is another name for the Mosque in Makkah.

BTW. Did u know that you are permitted to interrupt your fardh prayer and run after a thief who stole your belongings? Luckily u didn't have to do that as there was someone to retrieve your bag for you.

Neelofar
08-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Salaamz

WOW, WOW & WOW! Mashallah! these pictures just leave me in awe.. Brother Tango your pictures and commentry have had me in stitches! *giggle* i wish i had pictures to post 4 you guyz to see, inshallah one day :) my friend has just left 4 Umrah 2day! howww luckkyy!!

ابن آل مرة
08-15-2010, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
Your pictures are so beautiful. I live so close to Makkah but rarely get a chance to visit and spend some time there. :-(

I think the correct term here is "Al Haram" or "Masjidul Haram" which is another name for the Mosque in Makkah.

BTW. Did u know that you are permitted to interrupt your fardh prayer and run after a thief who stole your belongings? Luckily u didn't have to do that as there was someone to retrieve your bag for you.
Sister since you live in Makkah, do you know where Masjid Qatari and Masjid ameera shaheeda are located? are they near haram?

manaal
08-15-2010, 11:10 PM
^ Actually I live in Jeddah, which is a one hour drive away from Makkah on the highway. But I'll find out about these masjids for you Insha Allah.

Neelofar
08-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Sister Manaal you are SO SO SO luckyy!!!! you just have to find the time and spend it there, really! :D

ابن آل مرة
08-16-2010, 12:45 AM
^ Actually I live in Jeddah, which is a one hour drive away from Makkah on the highway. But I'll find out about these masjids for you Insha Allah.
Oh ok, yeah i know jeddah is around 45 min to 1 hr drive only mashaAllah. jazakAllah khair. I think masjid qatari is also known as "masjid Khalifa ibn thaani" or something.

sister herb
08-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Taraweeh prayers in Al-Aqsa

manaal
08-16-2010, 07:43 PM
I certainly do have the time. It's my husband who doesn't. It's such a crime isn't it?

Insha Allah when we go for our Umrahs this Ramadan I'll post some pics here.

tango92
08-18-2010, 04:34 PM

that makes sense:exhausted:hiding:

i was debating wether to break my namaz or not, after all your supposed to trust Allah right? but when i heard the baboons shriek of delight i broke it double time lol ;D

manaal
08-19-2010, 09:23 PM
So finally got a chance to perform Umrah since Ramadan began. The haram was extremely crowded! Sheikh Sudais let Maghrib prayers as usual. Took my camera with me, but didn't manage to get many pictures, mainly because of the crowd and we were so tired.

I managed just these two.....

This ones of the Fairmont Clock Tower just outside the Haram. Took this pic from Yemeni Corner. I totally don't see why such a huge structure in this holy place.

Everytime come to Makkah we stop at Matha'm Fursan for a nice Mathbi dinner. That's my husband in the background.

sister herb
08-29-2010, 06:58 AM
Khan Younis, Gaza

sister herb
08-29-2010, 07:03 AM
In Indonesia:

جوري
08-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Masha'Allah.. Jazaki Allah khyran sister for sharing..

:w:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

MashaAllaah those pics are really beautiful , Jazakallaahu Khaayr for sharing all my sistahs and brothers

Wa` Alaaykum Salaam

ابن آل مرة
08-29-2010, 08:52 PM
i really liked the pics from palestine. jazakAllah khayr for sharing. may Allah grant them patience and bless them with what they need.

marwen
08-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Ramadhan is leaving ...:cry:

جوري
09-04-2010, 02:38 AM
has anyone posted these yet?

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...0.html#photo43

جوري
09-04-2010, 02:42 AM

Email to a friend

ShareThis
Ramadan 2010

Muslim men and women across the world are currently observing Ramadan, a month long celebration of self-purification and restraint. During Ramadan, the Muslim community fast, abstaining from food, drink, smoking and sex between sunrise and sunset. Muslims break their fast after sunset with an evening meal called Iftar, where a date is the first thing eaten followed by a traditional meal. During this time, Muslims are also encouraged to read the entire Quran, to give freely to those in need, and strengthen their ties to God through prayer. The goal of the fast is to teach humility, patience and sacrifice, and to ask forgiveness, practice self-restraint, and pray for guidance in the future. This year, Ramadan will continue until Thursday, September 9th. [Editor's note: This year, I invite you to submit your own Ramadan 2010 photos] (45 photos total)

With the Dome of the Rock Mosque seen in the background, a Palestinian Muslim worshiper prays during the third Friday prayers of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, in the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in Jerusalem's Old City on Friday, Aug. 27, 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)

A Bahraini man points skyward at dusk Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2010, in Hamad Town, Bahrain, towards where a slim crescent moon should be visible to indicate the start of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, a time of prayer, fasting and charitable giving. Clouds hampered skywatchers in the Persian Gulf island nation. (AP Photo/Hasan Jamali) #

A Musaharati, dawn awakener, strikes his drum to wake observant Muslims for their overnight 'sahur', last meal, before the day's fast in Sidon's Old City in southern Lebanon just before dawn August 11, 2010. (REUTERS/Ali Hashisho) #

Kashmiri Muslims pray on a street on the third Friday of Ramadan, in Srinagar, India, Friday, Aug. 27, 2010. (AP Photo/Altaf Qadri) #

An Indian Muslim vendor prepares food at a roadside stall in preparation for Muslims breaking their fast at sundown in Mumbai, India on August 19, 2010. (SAJJAD HUSSAIN/AFP/Getty Images) #

A Palestinian Muslim man decorates an alley of Jerusalem's old city with festive lights in preparation for Ramadan on Tuesday, Aug. 10 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen) #

The crescent moon is seen near mosques in old Cairo on the fifth day of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan on August 15, 2010. (REUTERS/Asmaa Waguih) #

A young Palestinian Muslim girl walks in an alley of Jerusalem's old city holding a traditional Ramadan lantern while celebrating with other children the announcing of the holy month of Ramadan on Tuesday, Aug. 10 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen) #

A Pakistani volunteer pours milk into glasses for devotees to break their fast during Muslims' holy fasting month of Ramadan in Lahore, Pakistan on Friday, Aug. 20, 2010. (AP Photo/K.M.Chaudary) #

Muslim girls offer prayers before having their Iftar (fast-breaking) meal during the holy month of Ramadan at a madrasa on the outskirts of Jammu on August 21, 2010. (REUTERS/Mukesh Gupta) #

Egyptians buy fruits at a shop in downtown Cairo on August 20, 2010 during Islam's holy fasting month of Ramadan. Egyptians have been complaining from shortages of basic services during Ramadan, which began the first week of August amid sweltering summer temperatures. (KHALED DESOUKI/AFP/Getty Images) #

A member of Fairfax County Fire and Rescue, lower left, participates in an Iftar, the evening meal when Muslim break their fast during Ramadan, August 17, 2010 at Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, Virginia. The Islamic center invited frontline responders for Ramadan dinner to show appreciation and foster increased understanding. (Alex Wong/Getty Images) #

A Muslim man performs ablution before prayer during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan at the London Muslim Centre on August 18, 2010 in London, England. (Dan Kitwood/Getty Images) #

A man prays during Ramadan Jummah prayer at the Islamic Center in Washington, D.C. on August 13, 2010. (JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images) #

Indonesian chefs make miniature chocolate mosques for sale during the fasting month of Ramadan, at a chocolate shop in Jakarta, Indonesia, Friday, Aug. 20, 2010. (AP Photo/Tatan Syuflana) #

Muslim pilgrims pray inside the Grand Mosque, with the Mecca Clock in the background, on the second day of the fasting month of Ramadan in Mecca August 12, 2010. The giant clock on a skyscraper in Islam's holiest city Mecca began ticking on Wednesday at the start of the fasting month of Ramadan, amid hopes by Saudi Arabia that it will become the Muslim world's official timekeeper. (REUTERS/Hassan Ali) #

Thousands of Muslims gather in the Grand Mosque, in Islam's holiest city of Mecca and home to the Kaaba (center), as they take part in dawn (fajir) prayers on August 29, 2010, to start their day-long fast during the holy month or Ramadan. (AMER HILABI/AFP/Getty Images) #

Thousands of Muslims circle the Kaaba inside the Grand Mosque in Islam's holiest city of Mecca, taking part in dawn (fajir) prayers on August 29, 2010. (AMER HILABI/AFP/Getty Images) #

A Palestinian vendor displays traditional pastries in his shop in the West Bank city of Nablus on the second day of the holy month of Ramadan August 12, 2010. (REUTERS/Abed Omar Qusini) #

Jim Otun of Fairfield, New Jersey uses his iPad to read a dua in the Quran at Zinnur Books in Paterson, New Jersey. (AP Photo/Rich Schultz) #

A Palestinian boy plays with a homemade sparkler after breaking his fast during Ramadan, in the West Bank city of Ramallah, Monday, Aug. 16, 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen) #

Flood-affected people break their fast on the first day of the Muslim holy fasting month of Ramadan in a camp in Nowshera, Pakistan on Thursday, Aug. 12, 2010. Pakistani flood survivors, already short on food and water, began the fasting month of Ramadan on Thursday, a normally festive, social time marked this year by misery and fears of an uncertain future. (AP Photo/Mohammad Sajjad) #

A Muslim man places a chart which marks the times to pray on a wall during the first day of Ramadan at a mosque in the southern Spanish town of Estepona, near Malaga August 11, 2010. (REUTERS/Jon Nazca) #

A Sudanese man reads the Koran on the first Friday of Ramadan in a mosque at Umdowan Ban village outside Khartoum, Sudan on August 13, 2010. (REUTERS/Mohamed Nureldin Abdallah) #

Indian Muslims take a break as birds fly around Firoz Shah Kotla Masjid after prayers on the first Friday of Ramadan in New Delhi on August 13, 2010. (PEDRO UGARTE/AFP/Getty Images) #

A mahya reading "Hold the fast. find good health" hangs between the minarets of the Ottoman-era Eminonu New Mosque in Istanbul August 12, 2010. Mahya, where dangling lights suspended between minarets spell out devotional messages in huge letters, are intended to reward and inspire the faithful who have spent the daylight hours fasting. Today just a handful of Istanbul's mosques use Mahya, the phrases dictated by Turkey's directorate of religious affairs. (REUTERS/Murad Sezer) #

Some 200 Muslims, inmates of the Quezon city jail in suburban Manila, are seen through a fence praying at the prison courtyard on August 13, 2010. The large Muslim minority in the Philippines - a country home to 75 million Catholics - is observing Ramadan, the holy fasting month of Islam. (JAY DIRECTO/AFP/Getty Images) #

An Indian worker dries Seviiyan - thin vermicelli - which is used for the preparation of "sheerkhorma", a traditional sweet dish prepared by the Muslim community during the holy month of Ramadan at a food factory in Hyderabad on August 16, 2010. (NOAH SEELAM/AFP/Getty Images) #

An Indian Muslim vendor separates the seeds of a pomegranate at a roadside stall in preparation for Muslims breaking their fast at sundown in Mumbai, India on August 19, 2010. (SAJJAD HUSSAIN/AFP/Getty Images) #

A Palestinian woman's shadow is seen on a wall as she waits while attempting to cross the Kalandia checkpoint in order to go pray at the Al Aqsa Mosque on the third Friday of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, between Jerusalem and the West Bank city of Ramallah on Friday, Aug. 27, 2010. Israel loosened some restrictions on Palestinian movement between the West Bank and Israel during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. (AP Photo/Tara Todras-Whitehill) #

Palestinian women walk past a barrier at an Israeli-controlled checkpoint on their way to pray at the Al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem, on the third Friday of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, in the West Bank town of Bethlehem, Friday, Aug. 27, 2010. (AP Photo/Nasser Shiyoukhi) #

An Afghan confectioner holds a traditional sweet for Iftar, the evening meal during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan on August 16, 2010 in Kabul, Afghanistan. (Majid Saeedi/Getty Images) #

Muslim men pray before Iftar, the evening meal in the Muslim holy month of Ramadan at the London Muslim Centre on August 18, 2010 in London, England. (Dan Kitwood/Getty Images) #

The shadow of a Palestinian Muslim praying at "fajr" or early morning prayer is cast on a pole, during the month of Ramadan at a mosque in the West Bank city of Ramallah on Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen) #

Palestinians struggle at an access point as food rations are given out by an Islamic charity on the second day of the month of Ramadan, in the West Bank city of Hebron on Thursday, Aug. 12, 2010. (AP Photo/Bernat Armangue) #

A child sits with a plate of food that was distributed as part of the holy month of Ramadan, at a refugee camp in Kabul, Afghanistan, on Saturday, Aug. 14, 2010. (AP Photo/Mustafa Quraishi) #

Indonesian women pray during the first night of Ramadan in Jakarta on August 10, 2010. (ADEK BERRY/AFP/Getty Images) #

A Palestinian Muslim man reads from the Quran, Islam's holy book, on "fajr" or early morning prayer, during Ramadan at a mosque in the West Bank city of Ramallah on Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen) #

An Indian Muslim perfumer selects a bottle of ather (non-alcoholic perfume) for customers at his shop in Hyderabad on August 17, 2010. Muslims apply ather to their clothes as a traditional custom before going for daily prayers during the Holy month of Ramadan. Hyderabad is a well known place for selling Ather some 157 varieties of perfume available on the market. (NOAH SEELAM/AFP/Getty Images) #

Children run around inside the premises of Jama mosque after Friday afternoon prayers in New Delhi, India, Friday, Aug. 20, 2010. (AP Photo/Saurabh Das) #

A Palestinian Muslim worshiper walks in an alley of Jerusalem's Old City, on her way to pray at the Al Aqsa Mosque on the third Friday of Ramadan on Aug. 27, 2010. (AP Photo/Bernat Armangue) #

A rainbow is seen as a Palestinian sprays water on Muslim worshipers leaving the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound to cool them off as the temperature rises, following the second Friday prayers of Ramadan, in Jerusalem's Old City, Friday, Aug. 20, 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen) #

Her hands decorated with henna, an Afghan Muslim woman takes part in evening prayers during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan on August 13, 2010 in Kabul, Afghanistan. (Majid Saeedi/Getty Images) #

Shop owner Boualem Bensalem (left) prays in his flat with family and friends before for Iftar meal in Geneva, Switzerland on August 23, 2010. Switzerland is home to some 311,000 Muslims (4.3% of the population). (REUTERS/Denis Balibouse) #

A Syrian Muslim girl stands at the top of Mount Qassioun, which overlooks Damascus city, during sunset and prays before eating her Iftar meal on August 22, 2010. (REUTERS/Khaled al-Hariri) #

Abdul Wahid
09-04-2010, 03:11 PM
:sl:

JazakALLAH-heir sister. I was going to post these but you beat me to it.

Amazing pictures. Every picture tells a different story. Some happy, some sad.

May ALLAH(SWT) give us hidayat to become better Muslims.

We often complain about all the little things in life yet we sit in the comforts of our home. Looking at some of the pics makes me realise that we have so much to be grateful to ALLAH(SWT).

We should all make dua for the whole Ummah especially Palestine, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kashmir, all prisoners etc. May ALLAH(SWT) accept their and our efforts in ibadat and forgive our sins. Ameen.

S_87
09-04-2010, 03:33 PM
beautiful pictures

cat eyes
09-04-2010, 04:08 PM
is there any more pictures from afganistan of poor people getting fed?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!