/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Appeal

hikmah.co.uk
08-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
pakistan floods

Donate now by going to the website or call, cant seem to post the link plesae search for muslim aid jazakAllah

100 words - 1 click - Save lives

Reading the next 100 words and acting upon them will mean the difference between life and death for them.

As you read these words more and more people are suffering in Pakistan. Floods which devastated the country last week have already taken over 1400 lives and have affected over 3.2 million people.

Homes have been destroyed, families separated and lives shattered. Forecasters say more rain is coming. Nadia a mother of three said: “When the water came into our houses we escaped with the children…We didn’t care about our lives, we just wanted to save the children.” * Source: BBC news

Muslim Aid is on the ground helping with clean water, food aid and medical supplies.

Four more words: Donate Now. Save Lives.

Your Donation could provide...
Hygiene kits £10
Dry ration (one month) £40
Kitchen Utensils £20
Tents £85
Family Pack £155 (all of the above)

Please forward this email to others

video

facebook twitter youtube

The scale of the disaster
In 1956 the record for rainfall in one month was set in Peshawar at 212mm. Last Thursday 312mm fell in just over one day!

--------------------------------

live appeals for pakistan

For Pakistan Floods

ARY Digital - Sky 791
Virgin Media - 818
Thu 5th Aug 2010 8pm to 12am

Islam Channel - Sky 813
Fri 6th Aug 2010- 8pm to 12am
Please make sure you tune in and spread the word.

--------------------------------

fundraising dinner

Fundraising dinner taking place on the 05/08/10 at the TKC restaurant in Southall, London.

If you have received this email in error or wish to no longer receive emails from Muslim Aid you can unsubscribe here.

Muslim Aid 2010 / PO Box 3, London E1 1WP

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7377 4200 Fax: +44 (0) 20 7377 4201 Charity Reg No. 295224

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
08-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Salaam

May Allah help the flood victims. Ameen.

Raaina
08-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I donated already. All those poor people in Pakistan. One of my friend's houses got flooded out in Charsadda :(

Very very sad, may Allah help all the victims.

Muslim Woman
08-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Salaam Alaykum

got this mail today.

Pakistan: adding insult to tragedy

Dear Friends,

A humanitarian catastrophe of terrifying proportions is unfolding in Pakistan, with a fifth of the country under water, and millions of people homeless and desperately needing assistance.

Some relief efforts are underway, but the international response to the mega-disaster has been irresponsibly slow and weak -- the UN has urgently appealed for $460 million of vital aid, but just 40% has been delivered.

Relief workers warn that without an immediate increase in aid the death toll could sky-rocket. We can help by sending funds directly to the most reliable aid organizations, and by pressing our governments to step up their efforts. Let's show our leaders what generosity looks like, and demand that they join us. Click here to send a personal message to key donor governments:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/pakistan_needs_relief/?vl

And click here to donate to the relief effort:
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/pakistan...9638205&v=6970

After visiting the flood stricken areas, a visibly upset UN General Secretary, Ban Ki Moon, said “This has been a heart-wrenching day for me. In the past, I have visited many natural disasters, but I have never seen anything like this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Grace Seeker
08-18-2010, 11:40 AM
The following is, I know, a sensitive question. Please know that I'm not asking it to provoke an argument or even a deep discussion. Just for edification.

Comments have been made by others in the comparative section of the forum that they don't like to see western aid even in times of catastrophic crisis. Yet, I don't know how I can sit by and not be moved to action by what is taking place in Pakistan. I like to give through my denomination's emergency relief fund, UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief). I know that 100% of what I give goes to help people on the ground, that none of it is spent on overhead or administration. I also know that our missionaries who deliver it are instructed to give without regard to religion or even appreciation when it comes to meeting basic human needs. And I know that we have people who are actually equipped and capable of delivering to where the needs is, that our stuff doesn't end up sitting somewhere in a warehouse, and that they will stay for the long term and not disappear with the cameras to the next crisis that fills the airwaves.

So, my question: To whom should I listen, those few Muslims that have objected on these forums to western aid of any kind, or to my heart which says that people are people no matter what faith?

Muslim Woman
08-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Salaam / Peace

those who are suffering there , the flood victims who are observing Ramadan there without having enough meals - who don't know how to break fast because s/he has no food , even clean water to drink - I am sure they don't bother who is giving them food - Muslims or non-Muslims - as long as it's not in exchange of their faith.

PS. Listen to your heart and God Almigty knows Best.

manaal
08-18-2010, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
The following is, I know, a sensitive question. Please know that I'm not asking it to provoke an argument or even a deep discussion. Just for edification.

Comments have been made by others in the comparative section of the forum that they don't like to see western aid even in times of catastrophic crisis. Yet, I don't know how I can sit by and not be moved to action by what is taking place in Pakistan.
So, my question: To whom should I listen, those few Muslims that have objected on these forums to western aid of any kind, or to my heart which says that people are people no matter what faith?
^ It's a catch 22 situation isn't it? Some Muslims they do not want western aid.. and if the west does nothing they'll turn around say, "where were you when we were in trouble?". I say follow your heart and do the little that can do. It's up to the giver the give, and if the taker doesn't want it, well it's not your fault.

Also I don't think many of the people whom you have mentioned have actually been victims of such a catastrophe, to know what it's like.

In Islam we say "fi sabeelillah" when giving charity, this means "in Allah's cause (way)". The ultimate goal of giving charity is to please God.

Grace Seeker
08-18-2010, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
It's a catch 22 situation isn't it?
Yes, sometimes it feels that way. But I appreciate your (and Muslim Woman's) reply. And so I shall continue to give as best I can. The world is big enough with enough different opinion, that there is always going to be somebody who disapproves. Ultimately, it isn't my purpose to please men, but to please God and help men. Surely God honors all gifts that are intended to make the world a better place.

Argamemnon
08-19-2010, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker

Comments have been made by others in the comparative section of the forum that they don't like to see western aid even in times of catastrophic crisis. Yet, I don't know how I can sit by and not be moved to action by what is taking place in Pakistan. I like to give through my denomination's emergency relief fund, UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief). I know that 100% of what I give goes to help people on the ground, that none of it is spent on overhead or administration. I also know that our missionaries who deliver it are instructed to give without regard to religion or even appreciation when it comes to meeting basic human needs. And I know that we have people who are actually equipped and capable of delivering to where the needs is, that our stuff doesn't end up sitting somewhere in a warehouse, and that they will stay for the long term and not disappear with the cameras to the next crisis that fills the airwaves.

I'm a Muslim and had donated money to Haiti. We are all human and no sane Muslim would reject aid from non-Muslims, we just dislike Christian missionaries taking advantage of the situation. We appreciate aid from sincere people.

Tilmeez
08-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Well, only two days back I visited a camp where these poor people were kept. TV can't show even 5% of the pain they are suffering.

I spoke to a few people and then I could not stand on my feet. Just drove back to home helpless. Don't have any thing in hands and their condition can't be explained in words.

Imagine you have enough money to feed 100 of people in a day and then over night you find yourself standing in line to get one plate of boiled rice for your family.

Imagine you daughter/sister/wife has been strictly observing Pardah but now you see them sitting under sky with uncovered head.

Imagine seeing dead bodies floating on water surface and no one around to take them out and bury them like a human.

Homes, cropes, animal every thing has gone with water you even can't dare thinking about the missing members of your family.

Such a difficult time!

They need help, regardless who sends it, where it comes from and how much it is.Only help is needed.

Life seems so cruel to them that they can't see even a day ahead. They even can't understand how they will get Shelter, food, medicine and very basics of life and more importantly where this all will come from.

Its not about religion its about humanity, If you think this way.

Sawdah
08-19-2010, 09:30 PM
imsad, this is so sad, subhanAllah.

After watching that you feel like you can't eat until they eat. You can't smile until they smile. imsad

Our brothers and sisters are suffering, they need our help. :cry:

May Allah help the flood victims. Ameen.
Very very sad, may Allah help all the victims.
Ameen, thumma ameen.

Tilmeez
08-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Only today Pakistan accepted a US$ 5 million aid from India - her worst neighbour.

Its hard time on Pakistan as her 20% has swept away by flood water.

Have you given your share of help?

manaal
08-21-2010, 10:34 AM
^Yes, I read about that too. India has been offering for sometime, and Pak gov finally decided to accept it, probably because they want less assistance from the militant groups that are pouring in with help. Saudi donated 300 million Saudi Riyals, that's around US$80 miliion. Alhamdulillah.

Muslim Woman
08-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Assalaam alaikum,

Insha Allah you are safe, healthy and well and in the best of state of Iman. I am writing to you to ask you to financially support the Pakistan Flood Victims through Al-Imdaad Foundation. In the next few days a delegation from Australia will be travelling to Pakistan’s affected regions for reconnaissance and funds distribution, and your urgent assistance will be most helpful.

Go to http://www.alimdaad.com.au/appeal.aspx?Id=13 and donate generously in this month of Ramadhan- an opportunity to gain great reward from Allah Ta’ala.

Was Salaam
Afroz Ali
Founder & President-
Al-Ghazzali Centre
for Islamic Sciences & Human Development

Email: aali@alghazzali.org
Web: http://alghazzali.org
Mobile: +61 412 198729
Tel: +61 2 9708 1539

Somebody
05-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Bump and thanks. Good post.

:thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!