/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Oh God , make me into a television

Muslim Woman
08-06-2010, 11:12 PM
:sl:

Bismillah

ESSAY FROM A CHILD

A teacher from Primary School asks her students to write a essay about what they would like God to do for them...

At the end of the day while marking the essays, she read one that made her very emotional.

Her husband, that had just walked in saw her crying and asked her:

"What happened?"

She answered

"Read this. It's one of my students essays:

Oh God, tonight I ask you something very special:

Make me into a television.

I want to take its place.

Live like the TV in my house.

Have my own special place And have my family around ME.

To be taken seriously when I talk.... I want to be the centre of attention and be heard without interruptions or questions.

I want to receive the same special care that the TV receives when it is not working.

Have the company of my dad when he arrives home from work, even when he is tired.

And I want my mom to want me when she is sad and upset, instead of ignoring me...

And... I want my brothers to fight to be with me...

I want to feel that family just leaves everything aside, every now and then, just to spend some time with me.

And last but not least make it that I can make them all happy and entertain them...

Lord I don't ask you for much... I just want to live like every TV

At that moment the husband said:

-'My God, poor kid. What horrible parents!"

She looked up at him and said:

- 'That essay is our son's!!!

Makes you think doesn't it?????

http://www.islamicteachings.org/forum/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أحمد
08-06-2010, 11:18 PM
:sl:

I feel sorry for people who have TVs at home; I hope some of them read and reflect :inshallah

:wa:

Muslim Woman
08-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Salaam Alaykum

yes , time to think seriously about this issue. Almost all families have more than one TV at res . Most houses are like cinema halls now. It's so sad :(

Bintulislam
08-07-2010, 03:21 AM
AlhamduLillah!!We got rid of our TV set few years back.and know what none of us miss it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vigno
08-07-2010, 03:31 AM
Asalamu Alekum

Indeed TVs are destructive tools, but I use it to watch Islamic programs that help me learn a lot about Islam, and I stay away from useless channels alhamdulilah, I pray everyone with a TV(s) at home to do so too.

Asalamu Alekum

syed_z
08-07-2010, 08:35 AM
yes it can be used for good and bad....

Muslim Woman
08-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Bintulislam
AlhamduLillah!!We got rid of our TV set few years back.and know what none of us miss it.
MashaAllah.

wish I could do the same.

Vigno
08-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Asalamu Alekum

I don't wish to throw away our TV, but instead throw away all those devilish channels, unfortunately my family won't allow that, Allah yahdihum and yahdii all muslims ameen.
To all muslims, please try to throw such channels if you can or the whole TV if you don't have useful channels.
Jazakum Allah khiir

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Aslaamu`ALaaykum

SubhaanAllaah quite a sad and true story and a great reminder

Alhamdulilaah i got rid of the Tv from my room years ago, but unfortunately i still have many around the home, but as brother Syed said it can be used for good and bad. So depending on the intention weather you wanna use it to watch something beneficial or useful its up to you. However if you dont anything beneficial to watch at all then try to say goodbye to it inshaAllaah

Jazakallahu Khaayr for sharing

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

IbnAbdulHakim
08-13-2010, 09:44 PM
it is posts like these which make me reflect

may Allah reward you for sharing

Neelofar
08-15-2010, 06:17 PM
That was indeed very emotional! imsad imsad

Asiyah3
08-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Jazakiallah for sharing. Very true. Many parents spend hours watching TV. Would be good if they'd spend half of that time to teach the child the Qur'aan.

I wouldn't want a TV in my home, but at the moment it's not in my hands. Al-hamdulillah I mostly use it to watch Islamic channels.

Vigno
08-16-2010, 07:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
Would be good if they'd spend half of that time to teach the child the Qur'aan.
Asalamu Alekum

Good point, but quiiiiiiite rare unfortunately, now parents care more that their children learning physics or biology or whatever. If a child comes to a father and says, "oh dad I got a full mark in my physics test" the father will be flying of happiness and may give him a present, but if he comes and says, "I learnt a surah" the father will be like oh
thats good child keep it up".

So yes parents are toooooo involved in worldly matters now, thinking more of the future than the end. Yes learning useful things like science etc is good but that shouldn't overpower the learning of most important matters such as prayers and Quran.
So my message to parents is....WAKE UP

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!