/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why more education lowers dementia risk

Life_Is_Short
08-09-2010, 12:47 PM
:sl:
A team of researchers from the UK and Finland has discovered why people who stay in education longer have a lower risk of developing dementia – a question that has puzzled scientists for the past decade.

Examining the brains of 872 people who had been part of three large ageing studies, and who before their deaths had completed questionnaires about their education, the researchers found that more education makes people better able to cope with changes in the brain associated with dementia.
Over the past decade, studies on dementia have consistently showed that the more time you spend in education, the lower your risk of dementia. For each additional year of education there is an 11% decrease in risk of developing dementia, this study reports.

Read more: http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/news/dp/2010072301

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-09-2010, 09:23 PM
well thank God for that, so I have increased my risk of having ovarian cancer but lowered my risk for dementia .. as we say in Arabic

'ta3ddadat al'asbab, wal'mawt wa7id'

many are the reasons but death is one--

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!