08-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Asalama Aleykam Ramatulahi
Recently my family has fallen on very hard times
all in one year we have lost our business our
our home and transportation we have no income
coming in and few community resources available
other than foods stamps Allah swt has blessed me this
with a beautiful 1 month old daughter I am in
serious need of Diapers, wipes, formula and baby personal care items I have been blessed with a little help but I am just trying
to make it through next month...if you can and *only!!! if
you can I would really appreciate the help Inshallah if you
need proof of my situation I will send it! jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sabiralove
08-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Unfortunately I don't have pay pal..I am not looking for money just help
with some basics

Muslim Woman
08-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Salaam Alaykum

sorry to know about the problem . Did u contact ur local mosque , friends , relatives and urge them to make a fund for u ?

May Allah makes hard test easy for u all.

sabiralove
08-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Asalamu Aleykum I dont have contact with my family
or relatives since becoming Muslim lol nor do i have a local
masjid or mosque I attend my only option would be to go to a church

Allah tests the ones he loves
well if you know of any help please email
me at (PM Woodrow) because I can't respond
to pm with a limited account

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
08-09-2010, 06:00 PM
sis the local mosque could help you out. which country are you living in ? sure you'd surely be entilted to many benefits since you have a child and rent allowance. your whole family would be entilted to it if you lost the buisness

PouringRain
08-09-2010, 06:31 PM
I noticed your email addy is "educated TEXASchick" -- Are you in Texas? There are several masjids in Texas-- Houston, Dallas (?), San Antonio, Midland, not sure where else. If you are not near one, you could ask for help at a local church. If your family is out of work, have you looked into all the services you can receive? You may be able to get TANF (Temporary assistance to needy families), food stamps, WIC, etc. With the age that your infant is, you shoudl be able to qualify for medicaid with her at least until she is 1 yr. old. All through Texas are places where you can get help with supplies for the infant, such as non-profit orgs, like pregnancy help centers. Texas has tons of amazing resources for individuals. What city are you in or near?

Muslim Woman
08-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Salaam/Peace

Thanks sis PouringRain for advices. OP Sis , pl. try any of those.

If taking help from Church can affect ur faith , then try other sources . Can u call any mosque for help ?

جوري
08-09-2010, 11:30 PM
:sl: pls try to set up a pay-pal account it is free and that way money can be wired directly to your bank..

:w:

sabr*
08-10-2010, 12:38 AM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

To protect the practicing Muslims and help distinguish a valid and urgent request for assistance from a disingenuous request the sister should be emailed by a sister and then when you establish phone contact get the important information and contact the local Masjid for verification and then two sources of assistance can be established.
Insha Allah

I realize some don't even care and will provide immediate assistance. Allah Alim

A trusted full member sister should volunteer to verify. This should take not even two days.

Surah Baqarah 2:260

260. And (remember) when Ibrâhim (Abraham) said, "My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead." He (Allâh) said: "Do you not believe?" He [Ibrâhim (Abraham)] said: "Yes (I believe), but to be stronger in Faith." He said: "Take four birds, then cause them to incline towards you (then slaughter them, cut them into pieces), and then put a portion of them on every hill, and call them, they will come to you in haste. And know that Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Wise."
(Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan translation)

Dagless
08-10-2010, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*

To protect the practicing Muslims from not knowing a valid and urgent request for assistance from a disingenuous request the sister should be emailed by a sister and then when you establish phone contact get the important information and contact the local Masjid for verification and then two sources of assistance can be established.
Insha Allah

I realize some don't even care and will provide immediate assistance. Allah Alim

A trusted full member sister should volunteer to verify. This should take not even two days.

260. And (remember) when Ibrâhim (Abraham) said, "My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead." He (Allâh) said: "Do you not believe?" He [Ibrâhim (Abraham)] said: "Yes (I believe), but to be stronger in Faith." He said: "Take four birds, then cause them to incline towards you (then slaughter them, cut them into pieces), and then put a portion of them on every hill, and call them, they will come to you in haste. And know that Allâh is All-Mighty, All-Wise."
This is a great idea and I hope the sister will agree to it. Personally I don't think this is a scam at all, but I believe the verification would help convince more people to join in.
Also please edit your first post with a list of items you need and any major supermarkets near you (if there aren't any; there are always sites like amazon who delivery pretty much anywhere). This way people who do not live near you could either reserve them under your name or get them delivered to your address after purchase.
May Allah make things easy for you, and us all insha'Allah.

edit: oh yeah and as valey says; paypal is handy.

جوري
08-10-2010, 02:05 AM
:sl: just as an addendum to previous and maybe this is a bit personal but I'd recommend breast feeding to formulas for a host of reasons, if you can at all and don't have a medical reason not to, then tons of money can be saved just forgoing formulas, as well confer some natural immunity on your infant and probably spare her frequent respiratory and ear infections as is common with formula fed infants..

I don't know if this link is of benefit?
http://www.freecycle.org/

Insha'Allah, Allah swt will ease your affairs..

Salahudeen
08-10-2010, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*

To protect the practicing Muslims and help distinguish a valid and urgent request for assistance from a disingenuous request the sister should be emailed by a sister and then when you establish phone contact get the important information and contact the local Masjid for verification and then two sources of assistance can be established.
Insha Allah

This is a good idea that brother Sabr suggested.

sabr*
08-15-2010, 12:22 AM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم)

What is the update with verification by full member sister of valid request being made and assistance sent to sister in need?

Snowflake
08-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Good idea mashaAllah. Maybe the sister can go straight to a mosque and ask them to verify her request on this forum? I'm sure they will oblige.

Brasco
08-15-2010, 01:55 AM
بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم و الصلاة و السلام على خير المرسلين و إمام المتقين و الحمد الله و السلام عليكم و رحمة الله

Dear Sister, where do you live? If you have a bank account, so send me please a PN with your BIC and IBAN etc. (In case you do not have one, create a pay-pal or whatever account) and I know, you are not looking for money, but this is the only thing, that will help you and your family by now. May Allah make it easy for you and your family! (Amin) And Allah knows best!

Dagless
08-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Does anyone have any updates? Have any of the sisters emailed her? Time's a wasting.

sabr*
08-16-2010, 06:24 AM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم)

Allahu Alim!

Everything has a way of working themselves out. Allah is in control. If there is an urgent need Allah will provide. Usually when commonsense is applied to any situation everything begins to settle down.

Surah An Nisa 4:85

85. Whosoever intercedes for a good cause will have the reward thereof, and whosoever intercedes for an evil cause will have a share in its burden. And Allâh is Ever All-Able to do (and also an All-Witness to) everything. (Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan translation)

Woodrow
08-16-2010, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabiralove
Asalamu Aleykum I dont have contact with my family
or relatives since becoming Muslim lol nor do i have a local
masjid or mosque I attend my only option would be to go to a church

Allah tests the ones he loves
well if you know of any help please email
me at PM Woodrow because I can't respond
to pm with a limited account
:sl:

I am saddened to here of your plight Sister. However we do have a policy of no soliciting on the threads and no posting of personal information such as Email addresses. I am saving your email address in the event any member desires to contact you.

However, here in the USA Texas has about the 3rd largest Muslim population. I am a former Texan recently moved to North Dakota. I suggest you contact any of the Islamic Centers in Dallas,Houston, Austin, San Antonio or Tyler. Universtiy of Texas also has a very large and very active Islamic Society and is an excellent resource.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!