/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cucumbers and dates

jimbo123
08-09-2010, 07:40 PM
I love hadeeths that talk about food and health. I'm very curious about this hadeeth below. Is there anyone that can explain scientifically why dates and cucumber would make you put on weight?

Aishah (R.A.) used to prescribe dates for those suffering with giddiness. It is now well known that low blood sugar and low blood pressure are among the causes of giddiness. She was also reported to have used dates combined with cucumber to treat her over-slim condition. She said "they fed me with every type of food to gain weight, yet I did not put any on. Then they added cucumber and fresh date to my diet and that did it."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jimbo123
09-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Bumpety bump!

notsoperfect
09-19-2010, 03:15 PM
well I can understand how anyone could remotely associate dates with weight gain due to the high sugar content but cucumbers?
Cucumbers are great for aiding weight loss.

ardianto
09-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Not cucumbers and dates, but cucumbers with dates.

This is Arabian food menu.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
09-19-2010, 05:22 PM
cucumber and dates, i must have that on my plate during ramadan, but dont think i eat them in sequence

ardianto
09-19-2010, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
cucumber and dates, i must have that on my plate during ramadan, but dont think i eat them in sequence
Is the cucumber mixed with dates ?, or people eat these separately ?.

Frankly, the reference of my post above was from hadith that translated into Indonesia language, and it mentioned "dengan" (with), not "dan" (and).

jimbo123
09-20-2010, 07:34 PM
how do you have cucumber with dates?

sister herb
01-19-2016, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jimbo123
how do you have cucumber with dates?
:bump2:

Date stuffed cucumber slices:

http://www.finedinings.com/date_stuf...ber_slices.htm

Better late than never...

M.I.A.
01-19-2016, 04:11 PM
Not sure, am aware of places in Africa that feed dates and milk to girls that are getting married.

greenhill
01-19-2016, 04:42 PM
Cucumber and date,
Helps put on weight?
Might be the remedy
To fatten skinny me!

(I'm a poet...
And I didn't even know it) ;D

:peace:

sister herb
01-19-2016, 04:50 PM
^ :lol:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!