/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your Targets / Plans this Ramadan

aadil77
08-09-2010, 11:59 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to share our targets (if any) for ibad'ah and stuff this ramadan

hopefully it'll inspire others to try harder during this blessed month

I'll start off:

- read whole Quran
- pray all taraweh
- more ibadah during night, especially last 10 nights; more tahajudd, more istigfar
- eat less :D
- learn some arabic
and pray as many sunnah and nawafil raka'ahs

post your targets, doesn't matter how big or small

btw there should be no intention to boast on here, these are just targets

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
08-10-2010, 10:54 AM
:sl:
how do you intend on spending Ramadan? how do you intend on getting all the ibadah you want accomplished, accomplished?

i mean do you have some sort of time table? what is your tactic to get the best out of ramadan?

aadil77
08-10-2010, 11:08 AM
bump................

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Pray all Taraweeh.
Do more Dhikr.
Try to find Laylatul-Qadr.
Do more Ibadat in the odd nights of last Ramadhan. I have never done this before
Eat dates and cucumber to gain weight. (I seriously need to do this) :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
08-10-2010, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
how do you intend on spending Ramadan? how do you intend on getting all the ibadah you want accomplished, accomplished?

i mean do you have some sort of time table? what is your tactic to get the best out of ramadan?
err..... I just said

Snowflake
08-10-2010, 11:41 AM
:sl: Good idea.

Our common goal should be to increase ourselves in all kinds of good deeds and leave what is forbidden to make ourselves pious. Allah, Exalted be he says in the Quran, “O' you who believe! Observing the fast is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqun (The Pious, Those who have consciousness, awareness, and fear of God). Al-Qur'an 2:183. Hence, not only should we increase our ibadah for the purpose of thawaab, but we should work hard to beautify our characters. Be more conscious of things like back biting, treating a fellow muslim as we want to be treated, controlling undue anger, being patient in all things, keeping the heart clean from hate and jealousy etc. These things are often overlooked because people think as long as they are not committing adultery, drinking alcohol then they are good muslims. No, that's wrong. Things like back biting can lead to moral decay and affect other people's lives. Jealousy can lead to giving someone the evil eye and destroying their life. So we really have to make the effort on eradicating these types of faults. There is little point in exerting all our efforts to leave the prohibited and increase the good if it's only going to be done for a month. So inshaAllah let's really really try to beautify our hearts and minds and keep that new 'me' alive and well for the pleasure of Allah for all time.

Jazakumullahu Khayrun

Ummu Sufyaan
08-10-2010, 11:42 AM
err..... I just said
err no you didnt. the threads got merged. i dont know why, they are 2 different topics.

you are asking what you plan to do during ramadan, whereas im asking how do go about it (for people who suffer from demotivation, we need some inspiration/ideas to stick to the plan etc).

aadil77
08-10-2010, 11:54 AM
err no you didnt. the threads got merged. i dont know why, they are 2 different topics.

you are asking what you plan to do during ramadan, whereas im asking how do go about it (for people who suffer from demotivation, we need some inspiration/ideas to stick to the plan etc).
hmm,

consistency - If you do loads of ibaadah during one day, you might not do so much the next day, so I think people should keep up a consistent plan starting from the first night, try not to miss a single day of what ever you plan to do otherwise you could ruin your plan and your targets will begin to pile up - which could eventually make you give up

also sins - I find that if I commit a sin during the day, I tend to get demotivated for the rest of the day or next few days, lets try our best to stay away from haraam during ramadan

marwen
08-10-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm thinking of doing Ii'tikaf in the mosque this Ramadhan. I never did it before, I'll try to do it this year Inchallah.

aadil77
08-10-2010, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
I'm thinking of doing Ii'tikaf in the mosque this Ramadhan. I never did it before, I'll try to do it this year Inchallah.
I was thinking of the same, it'll keeps your mind off other things and keeps shaytaan far far away

Asiyah3
08-10-2010, 12:47 PM
- Make it my best Ramadan so far insha'Allah.

Danah
08-10-2010, 12:49 PM
*if only we can use anonymous account here*

Anyways, I think for someone to do all what they are planning to is to have a kind of checklist paper. Break the whole month to 3 parts (each have 10 days)

Try to set goals for each part and don't get all excited to do big things in the whole month (for example: saying that you will read Quran 3 times in the whole month) because you will end up not doing them at the end. In other words, break your goals to parts so you will make sure that you did what you want to do by the end of the month (like finishing reading Quran once each 10 days).
Try to have a different schedule for the third part of the month (the last ten days). Make it special so you will look forward to it.

1. Decide first, how many times you want to read the whole Quran from the beginning to the end and accordingly set a specific number of pages for each day. When you are done with your daily Quran task check that field on your checklist.

Note: If you are memorizing Quran, make sure that you specify sometime in your paper to review what you already memorized. If you already memorized a lot of Quran then I don't recommend memorizing anything new in Ramadan revision is better in my opinion.

2. Mention in your paper that you are planing to do much thikr everyday. And at the end of the day see if you did that and check that on your paper.

3. If you are planning to read some Islamic books or increase your knowledge on any of the Islamic knowledge branches then include that in your paper and decide what sources you will use from now instead of wasting time in looking for books or through the internet

4. Try to make this month as a new beginning. In other words, list in your paper what sins you made during the day or a week so you will keep them in mind whenever you are about to them again.

5. In order to motivate yourself to do more, try to write down anything good you did and made you proud of yourself.

6. List the things that you want to make duaa for. List also, anyone you want to include in your duaa.

Keep in mind that this month is only coming one time during the whole month, and always think that it can be your last time too.

May Allah accept our good deeds and forgive our sins and write us among his righteous slaves.

Abu Zainab
08-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Brother Aadil I will be more than happy if I can follow all the steps that you have listed.

And regarding Umm Sufyan's question about organizing:

We can easily finish one quran recitation in Ramadan if we organize ourselves well. Just try to recite four pages with every prayer and you will finish one juz' in a day.

One more thing I can suggest is lets allocate some amount of money that we will spend in Ramadan and divide that with 30. Everyday before iftar or after taraweeh lets say give that amount to some needy person. A small deed everyday is much better than a big one done once in a while.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum Wa`Rahmatullaah

Jazakallahu Khaayr for the thread it is quite beneficial!

Regarding Brother Aadil77 Q.

The targets/goals i wish to fulfill are:

1. Manage to read the whole Quraan
2. Stay away from haraam environments
3. Get my heart closer to the Quraan by listening to the Quraan.
4. Make Tahajjud Salaah and make more Ibadah
5. Help others to Join in Salaah and tell them to stay away from things that are forbidden, as in stuff that wastes your time like Tv Music whatever, but if they watch Tv try get em to watch something Beneficial insha`Allaah.

And many more inshaAllaah, some have been mentioned already , but i guess we all have the same goals : D. i think or maybe partly:-\

Regarding sistah Umm Sufyaans Q.

I intend to spend this Ramadhaan with the best of intentions, as in try and make it the best Ramadhaan ever yet InshaAllaah. I intend to get all Ibadah Accomplished by waking up for Tahajjud Salaah, praying on time, also another is getting my close ones to join along with prayer insha`Allaah, as that would be a great accomplishment for me and my family personally indeed and give them Dawah. My tactic is to whatever i do in the blessed month, i wish to keep it that way after the blessed month Insha`Allaah.

"O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious)."I like this verse it is amazing!

May Allaah increase the Ummah in Imaan and Knowledge,Ameen

And i apologise if i wrote soo much and if i said anything wrong or bad.

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam Wa`Rahmatullaah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum m back k sorry i have a Q

Since were on the topic, i would like to ask a Q.
Here i go :-\

Okay my Q is. well what if ive already started reading the Quraan like way before Ramadhaan. In the Month of Ramadhaan must i start over or can i continue from there? as in from where im upto? sorry if its a weird Q :-\, i was just curious indeedy

Insha`Allaah somone can answer this Q that i have posted :-\

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

aadil77
08-11-2010, 12:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zainab
Brother Aadil I will be more than happy if I can follow all the steps that you have listed.

And regarding Umm Sufyan's question about organizing:

We can easily finish one quran recitation in Ramadan if we organize ourselves well. Just try to recite four pages with every prayer and you will finish one juz' in a day.

One more thing I can suggest is lets allocate some amount of money that we will spend in Ramadan and divide that with 30. Everyday before iftar or after taraweeh lets say give that amount to some needy person. A small deed everyday is much better than a big one done once in a while.
oh yh definately brother

sadqah during ramadan is a must

Also people do not miss out on laylatul qadr

aadil77
08-11-2010, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Aslaamu`Alaaykum m back k sorry i have a Q

Since were on the topic, i would like to ask a Q.
Here i go :-\

Okay my Q is. well what if ive already started reading the Quraan like way before Ramadhaan. In the Month of Ramadhaan must i start over or can i continue from there? as in from where im upto? sorry if its a weird Q :-\, i was just curious indeedy

Insha`Allaah somone can answer this Q that i have posted :-\

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam
Its up to you sis, I'm not aware of any specific reward for finishing the whole quran during ramadan - I think its just something people aim to do to earn reward in general

maybe other members can elaborate

IslamicRevival
08-11-2010, 01:49 AM
Number 1 Priority: READ NAMAZ, 5 TIMES A DAY, NO PROCRASTINATION

2. Go to Mosque everyday to read Taraweeh, Last year i missed a few but InshAllah all the way this time

3. Read Quran, Even if its a page a day, Better then nothing.

4. Daily Zikr, Remember Allah Azzawajal and the best of mankind, Our holy prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him

5. Not to indulge in worldly desires, No Video games, Cutdown the usage of internet, NO TV (not that i watch much anyway), Strictly watch Madani Channel (SKY 838) and stick to Islamic channels in general

6. Listen to Quran (CD) everyday

There are many more targets but these are the basic things which i need to implement in this month of mercy.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-11-2010, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Its up to you sis, I'm not aware of any specific reward for finishing the whole quran during ramadan - I think its just something people aim to do to earn reward in general

maybe other members can elaborate
Jazakallahu Khaayr!

Danah
08-11-2010, 05:28 PM

How is the first day of Ramadan with everyone?(for those who have it today)
Did you follow today's goals that you already planned to?

Mine is going very well. Make duaa that Allah will help me to finish all of what is in my mind for this blessed month.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-12-2010, 07:20 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah

How is the first day of Ramadan with everyone?(for those who have it today)
Did you follow today's goals that you already planned to?

Mine is going very well. Make duaa that Allah will help me to finish all of what is in my mind for this blessed month.
sticking loyally to the plan, eh? :P

i find the best thing to do is stick to your level of capability even if it is a little and set your goals at convenient times. so for example if you feel you will reach your target by memorizing in the morning, then make sure you memories int he morning. and don't read that whole juzzu of Quran all at once if you cant handle it...break it up over the day [Someone once said that if you read 4-6 pages per prayer (before or after), you can reach your target of one juzzu a day).

make sure you goals are actually realistic.. also there is some things that your brain cant understand and comprehend at certain times of the day so figure out what is best for your brain to soak in and when. its best to make the most out of what you are able to do and when.

Danah
08-12-2010, 08:51 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam

sticking loyally to the plan :P

i find the best thing to do is stick to your level of capability even if it is a little and set your goals at convenient times. so for example if you feel you will reach your target by memorizing in the morning, then make sure you memories int he morning. and don't read that whole juzzu of Quran all at once if you cant handle it...break it up over the day [Someone once said that if you read 4-6 pages per prayer (before or after), you can reach your target of one juzzu a day).

make sure you goals are actually realistic.. there is some things that your brain cant understand and comprehend at certain times of the day so figure out what is best for your brain to soak in and when. its best to make the most out of what you are able to do and when.
Exactly! ^_^
Can't agree more, breaking your goals is the best to reach the big goal at the end (=
This is what I did, whether I was reading Quran, or revising....doing it all at once will make you give up quickly.

Cabdullahi
08-13-2010, 12:36 AM
to make less silly comments and to pray taraweeh and memorize the quran

Xx.Cherries.xX
08-13-2010, 01:06 AM
mine are: to read the whole quran (though i can barely read the quran) :-[:-[:-[:-[ to wake up for suhoor and to be a better person...

aadil77
08-13-2010, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Xx.Cherries.xX
mine are: to read the whole quran (though i can barely read the quran) :-[:-[:-[:-[ to wake up for suhoor and to be a better person...
InshAllah sis, try listening to quran first then recite - see how much easier becomes

Hannah.
08-20-2010, 01:47 PM
- Read the Quran with translation and commentry
- Pray tahajjud & more nafil prayers
- Pray Salatul-Tasbih everyday
- Read Islamic books (I'm reading 'The Purification of the Soul' by al-Hanbali, al-Jawziyya and al-Ghazali at the moment.. AMAZING.)
- Spend less time on facebook/msn
- Attend an Islamic gathering once every week
- Learn Arabic

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!