/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nfl Player Safety Husain Abdullah observes saum (Abstaining) while in training camp!

sabr*
08-10-2010, 02:50 AM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

NFL Player Safety Husain Abdullah observes saum (Abstaining) during the Islamic Month of Ramadan while participating in Minnesota Vikings training camp.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-261068

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sabr*
08-10-2010, 06:36 PM

What famous Muslim athlete do you acknowledge that observed saum in Ramadan during the height of their career?

IMHO (Very rare) I place Hakeem Olajuwon who is not only famous, But one of the best at his field, and the most in important in my view that he is a practicing Muslim then and now. During the NBA playoffs he observed saum throughout his career.

There are many famous people who claim Islam as their faith but how many really practice? Allah Alim

Jazakumullahu Khair

aadil77
08-11-2010, 12:22 AM
I think Amir Khan (boxer) was fasting during ramadan when he had his fight.... but he got knocked out, so I don't think he's gonna fight during ramadan again

sabr*
08-25-2010, 11:53 PM

Some Futbol (Soccer) Players said to be Muslims

1 Nicolas Anelka
He is French Footballer and was converted to Islam in 2004 and his Islamic Name is Bilal.

2 Franck Ribery
He is a famous French Footballer who also converted to Islam. His Islamic Name is Bilal Ahmed.

3 Zinedine Zidane
Zidane was also a great French Footballer who played Major role in France World Cup win in 1998.

4 Mesut Ozil
He is a Young Germany Footballer who is called next Diego.

5 Kolo Toure
He Plays For Arsenal Football Club and wishes to Become Role Model For British Muslim Youngsters.

6 Frederic Kanoute
He is a French Footballer and a Practicing Muslim.

7 Mehmet Scholl
He was famous Former Germany Football Player.

8 Christian Negouai
He is a French Footballer and a Muslim while having Name Christian.

9 Hakan Şükür
He was Former Great Turkish Football Player.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ابن آل مرة
08-25-2010, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I think Amir Khan (boxer) was fasting during ramadan when he had his fight.... but he got knocked out, so I don't think he's gonna fight during ramadan again
Lol..Boxing is haram in 1st place. Unfortunately, there are so many muslim boxers who think it is permissible. may Allah guide them. Naseem Hamed who used to say "Allahu akbar" and the shahadah everytime he started a fight or after ending it.

Soulja Girl
08-26-2010, 12:43 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*
4 Mesut Ozil
He is a Young Germany Footballer who is called next Diego.
^Ozil is Muslim?? :><:

:wa:

Maryan0
08-26-2010, 02:26 AM
^Yes, and apparently he is a practicing muslim also. It's nice that this NFL brother know what his priorties are, Islam being number 1.
Salam

Rhubarb Tart
08-26-2010, 03:08 AM

I pretty sure that we are not one to say who is practising and who is not. A muslim is a muslim, only Allah (swt) knows what in their heart. And none of our bussiness whether they practice their religion. Are we meant to display our faith and say oh look at me, i pray five times a day, fast and all etc? I dont know

And the point of displaying all those names are? To spy and check up on them? To judge them? To Praise them? :hmm:

I think Husain is great. He is humble in how he practice his religion. :D

Soulja Girl
08-26-2010, 03:18 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
Yes, and apparently he is a practicing muslim also.
^Oh kewlies.. Good for him.. Hamdulillah.. xD

Remind me why we're tawkin bou sportsmen anyway? :hiding:

:wa:

abdussattar
08-26-2010, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed M.
Lol..Boxing is haram in 1st place. Unfortunately, there are so many muslim boxers who think it is permissible. may Allah guide them. Naseem Hamed who used to say "Allahu akbar" and the shahadah everytime he started a fight or after ending it.
Boxing is haraam??

Salahudeen
08-26-2010, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar
Boxing is haraam??
The below video contains the answer.

aadil77
08-27-2010, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed M.
He was a legend, the guy had adthan played in the arena before some of his fights, he would praise Allah and say shadah in his interviews, I wish more people would be as proud as he is to be muslim

sabr*
08-27-2010, 03:32 PM

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 46, Number 734:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "If somebody fights (or beats somebody) then he should avoid the face."
__________________________________________________ ________________
Note: It isn't required to circumvent the direct sources which are the Quran and Sunnah.

When people seek the problems and not the solutions it is a telling sign.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!