/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I hate the UK! Where is the UNITY?

Abdul Wahid
08-10-2010, 11:09 PM
:sl: my brothers and sisters.

First of all Ramadhan Mubarak to you all. May Allah (SWT) accept our prayers during this blessed month. Also lets keep our brothers and sisters that are suffering throughout the world in our prayers. Ameen

Now to my troubles. I've been looking forward to Ramadhan for the last couple of months. I was preparing to spend Ramadhan in Saudi to do Umrah. But unfortunately it didn't work out. InshaALLAH I go next Ramadhan.

So I thought I'm not going Umrah now so the I'd spend the last 10 days of Ramadhan in the Masjid (Iti'kaaf). At Asar time I had found out that the moon had been sighted so Taraweeh was tonight and the first fast was tomorrow. Both my local Masjids are following Saudi.

I got home to find out that my family had decided that the first Taraweeh will be on Wednesday and fast on Thursday.

I was :raging:

I couldn't be bothered to argue. I've argued many times with my family but its not worth it. You can't win.

To me it comes down to the Ulema of the UK. Yes we have splits but Can't they bloody decide that we all start Ramadhan together so that we have one Eid. Yes individuals should know what to do by applying a bit of common sense and relying on Saudi because the moon has been sighted.

It's just so annoying because I was meant to spend the final 10 days in Iti'kaaf but how is that possible at my local.

Ramadhan was meant to be the start of a happy times because its the best month. But I don't feel it now. Any advice or words of encouragement.

JazakALLAH-heir

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
08-11-2010, 03:03 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam.
sort of similar to what happened here.
last night we got the announcement at 5.30 pm that Ramadan is going to be today (Wednesday). so at the masjid they prayed taraweeh, only for my brother to come home and say "wait, they aren't sure yet when Ramadan begins." so, having Ramadan confirmed and Tarweeh prayed, it was decided that we aren't sure yet when Ramadan begins. thankfully someone bearing commonsense told that the moon was sighted somewhere and we did end up fasting today. it was a mess.

im not sure how they could have sighted the moon at 5.30pm and on a rainy/cloudy day. i guess they counted the thirty days of sha3baan to confirm the commencement of Ramadan.

Beardo
08-11-2010, 03:13 AM
Compassion despite disagreement.

cat eyes
08-11-2010, 01:55 PM
:sl: is this really something to get angry over?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
08-11-2010, 02:03 PM
yes its very sad especially when u see in one household one person is fasting and the other isnt-even husbands and wives split in opinion regarding this(meaning the husband fasting/celebrating eid and wife doing another day and vice versa)

Abdul Wahid
08-11-2010, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl: is this really something to get angry over?
:wa:

The title maybe over the top. It's not something to be angry about but if your living in the UK then you'll know that its a major issue. Half the Muslims start Ramadhan a day earlier than others hence Eid will be on different days. This could easily be resolved if the scholars get together and sort out minor issues. Last year was good everyone started together.

format_quote Originally Posted by amani
yes its very sad especially when u see in one household one person is fasting and the other isnt-even husbands and wives split in opinion regarding this(meaning the husband fasting/celebrating eid and wife doing another day and vice versa)
:sl:

Exactly. Thats my point. Half my cousins will be following Saudi and the rest sticking with local Masjids. Anyway I'm over my little outburst. This just happens in the UK. The rest of the countries are united in whatever they decide to do. South Africa are a good example.

ardianto
08-11-2010, 02:41 PM
:sl: brother Abdul Wahid.

Please, do not blame Ulama in UK. If they start ramadan different than Saudi, this is because they follow fiqh of their madhaab in determine when is ramadan begins.

Like in Indonesia. In Indonesia in many ramadan there were two different 1st days of ramadan and there were two different Eid days. And this difference never became a problem. But, this year and last year Muslims in Indonesia start ramadan in the same days.

Majority of Indonesian Muslims follow Shafi'i madhaab, and the rest are non-madhahib. Muslims fom Muhammadiyah organization who do not follow madhaab can follow Saudi in start ramadan. However, Muslims who follow Shafi'i madhaab cannot follow Saudi because according to rule in Shafi'iah fiqh, Muslims cannot observe moon sighting out of the country's or region border.

And maybe Hanafi madhaab has the same rule in determine the first day of ramadan. From my knowledge, there are many Hanafiah Muslims in UK.

To admins and moderator. I know, we are not allowed to talk about fiqh here, but please forgive me, I have no choice to explain this except explain this matter based on fiqh diversity.

Abdul Wahid
08-11-2010, 02:56 PM
:wa: brother ardiano.

JazakALLAH-heir for explaining. Yeah I was being harsh on the Ulama.

Can the MODS close this thread. JazakALLAH-heir.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!