/* */

PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know?? :s

Periwinkle18
08-12-2010, 12:23 PM
:sl:

i have this assignment and i need a lil help does anyone know any website from where i can find out how many times the episode of hazrat Adam(AS) and satan has been mentioned in the Quran and the name of the nation to which hazrat Nuh(AS) was sent??

i can't ask anyone as this assignment is going to be graded and if i ask anyone it'l be cheating buh if you guys know any website i cn read it frm it and i won't b cheating :)

JazakAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أحمد
08-12-2010, 02:54 PM
:sl:

You may find this useful :inshallah http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/TOPICI.HTM

:wa:

Muslim Woman
08-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Salaam

I wrote Adam pbuh in Quran search and got this : The word(s) "Adam" appears 56 time(s) in 47 verse(s) in Quran in M. Khan translation

http://www.searchtruth.com/search.ph...arch=1&start=0

The word(s) "Nuh" appears 59 time(s) in 56 verse(s) in Quran in M. Khan translation

http://www.searchtruth.com/search.ph...earch_word=all

Periwinkle18
08-13-2010, 10:42 AM
umm jazakAllah buh i want to find out the name of the nation to which Nuh(As) was sent or the place he was sent to something like that.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed_z
08-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Asalaam O Alaikum... i know that from all archaelogical findings the Only Place where this Flood could have erupted was the civilization which lived in between the Euphrates and the Tigris river, the Mesopotamian Civilization.... no one has been able to tell the exact name or location of Noah's people... but mostly Scholars of Islam and many Archaelogists around the world have concensus that the flood might have occured between these 2 rivers because of many findings under neath the cities of Ur, Erech, Kish , Sharuppak and other cities between the rivers which prove that when Euphrates and Tigris flooded at one time, all the cities between them submerged under water. Now Ancient Mesopotamian Civilization could be the one because, it is also called the Cradle of All Civilizations... many other civilizations around the world, mention the flood as well, not because it was a world wide catastrophe, but because after the flood many people settled across the world from there and then that is why we find the Noahs flood being mentioned in Chinese Civilizations, the Greek, the Japanese and many other cultures around the world.

So if i was you i would write Mesopotamian Civilization and if asked why would give the same reason.

Muslim Woman
08-15-2010, 05:58 AM
Salaam Sis

sis , check this link

Perished Nations

http://www.harunyahya.biz/pernat11.php

Hiroshi
08-15-2010, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
i have this assignment and i need a lil help does anyone know any website from where i can find out how many times the episode of hazrat Adam(AS) and satan has been mentioned in the Quran and the name of the nation to which hazrat Nuh(AS) was sent??
If anyone thinks that this is a controversial matter then I will drop the subject.

But I believe that the commentators of old, Ibn Abbas and Ibn Kathir, stated that all human beings after the flood were Nuh's descendants. In other words, only Nuh and his family survived the flood. This being so, Nuh was surely preaching to the whole world as it existed in his time. However, in modern times a new idea seems to have been put forward: that the flood was merely a local one, not global. But if it was possible to know that Nuh was sent to a specific nation, then surely such information would have been noted before modern times. So I would say that anyone claiming to know the name of said nation would be relying on mere guesswork.

Periwinkle18
08-17-2010, 12:16 PM
JazakAllah everyone i submitted my assignment lets c what i get :) pray for me

Muslim Woman
08-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Salaam / Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Hiroshi
Nuh was surely preaching to the whole world as it existed in his time.
To my knowledge , all Prophets except Muhammed pbut were sent to specific nations i.e their messages were applicable for the specific period.

Hiroshi
08-18-2010, 06:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam / Peace

To my knowledge , all Prophets except Muhammed pbut were sent to specific nations i.e their messages were applicable for the specific period.
The earliest known civilizations that we could call nations are Egypt and Babylon. Babylon or Babel, was founded by Nimrod (named in early Islamic writings), a great-grandson of Nuh through Ham. And Surah 12:99 uses the word: "Misra" referring to Egypt, similar to the Hebrew word for Egypt: "Mizraim". Mizraim was a grandson of Nuh (and a son of Ham) and the progenitor of all the Egyptian races. So the Qur'an itself shows us that Egypt arose after the flood.

The problem is that modern historians place too much faith in the faulty chronology of these pagan nations. According to them, the beginning of Egypt was aound 3000 BCE, centuries before the flood of Nuh's time.

Since there are no nations that we can name earlier than Egypt and Babylon it is not possible to give a specific name to the ones that heard the preaching of Nuh.

Periwinkle18
08-29-2010, 11:15 AM
i got 96% in tht assignment :) and the episode of Adam (AS) and satan has been mentioned 7 times in the quran :)

Periwinkle18
05-25-2012, 10:01 AM
:) wow i remember this i was doing my quran course at tht time

glo
05-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Did you finish the course?

Periwinkle18
05-25-2012, 10:43 AM
yes alhumdulillah its been a yr now :) didnt get my result yet inshaAllah will get a call frm them

Periwinkle18
05-25-2012, 12:26 PM
actually some ppl still hav to give their tests cuz they failed so once everyones done with the retest thing then we'll get our certificates n result

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!