/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Going mecca need help

VisibleGaming
08-14-2010, 12:59 AM
im going to mecca in a few months. and want to a know something.

when you ask for forgiveness from allah can you talk in english? because i know how to talk arabic but i cant talk in the arabic in the quran i talk moroccon arabic.

[Q] can i talk in english? ask allah for forgiveness in english?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
08-14-2010, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by VisibleGaming

when you ask for forgiveness from allah can you talk in english? because i know how to talk arabic but i cant talk in the arabic in the quran i talk moroccon arabic.

:sl:

La Bas Aleek Akhi.

Small world about the only Arabic I know is also Darija it is nearly limited to Maroc and Algeria. While all of our obligatory prayers need to be in Arabic. I have never seen anything that says we can not use the Language we are most comfortable for our personal Du'as.

S_87
08-14-2010, 09:18 PM
you can ask in whatver language you wish

أحمد
08-14-2010, 09:45 PM

You may ask Allah in English, Arabic, or any other language you wish. Allah knows all languages; you don't need to worry about communication barriers, even a silence isn't barrier enough; Allah knows what is uttered by the tongue and what is concealed in the hearts of people.

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
08-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Just stressing what others have written previously:
You can ask for forgiveness from Allah SWT in any language.
Just make sure that you are completely sincere.
In addition, it will be much better if you are physically pure/clean (wash yourself, do wudoo, wear clean clothes) and if possible, do cry (pour your heart out).
Times/places where/when it is mustahhab to ask something from Allah SWT:
during prostration in a sholah, after sholah fard, after sholah qiyamulayl (tahajjud), when you are breaking your fast, on the wall between hajar aswad and the door of ka'bah, on the top of Safa and Marwa, inside Hijr ismail, when you are doing your tawaf round, in rawdah in masjid nabawwi, etc.
Also, before you start your request, recite beautiful names of Allah SWT, send salaam and salawat to the prophet Muhammad SAW.

Hamza Asadullah
08-19-2010, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by VisibleGaming

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, jazakallahu khayran for sharing this with us. As you have already been told repentance and dua can be done in any language however it is best done in Qur'anic Arabic. Therefore you should do your utmost and so should we all to learn Qur'anic Arabic for the language of Jannah will also be in Qur'anic Arabic.

The Morrocan language is very mixed with a lot of berber influence but quite a lot of the older Morrocans i came across in Morrocco could speak Qur'anic Arabic but it is slowly being pushed out of the Morrocan language replaced with French and slang. This is the best opportunity for you to learn proper Qur'anic Arabic and it should be easier for you because of the fact that your language still has some similar wording to Fus'aa Arabic.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Insaanah
08-19-2010, 09:29 PM

Your own private du'a, whether for forgiveness or anything else, can be made in any language. It is not best done in Qur'anic Arabic if you cannot speak that properly. The best is to ask in your own language, as that's what you're fluent in, and that's what you can best express the exact emotions you want to in front of Allah. Allah understands all languages, so you can ask in Moroccan Arabic. However, there are some specific du'as in Qur'anic style Arabic from the sunnah for forgiveness (such as sayyidul istighfar, below), which would be good for you to learn as the Prophet :saws: made those du'as, which have unparallelled benefits, and generally knowing Qur'anic Arabic is a good thing, as it will help you read and understand the Qur'an and du'as from the sunnah correctly.

On the authority of Shaddad ibn Aws, may Allah be pleased with him, the Prophet, :saws: said, “The chief of prayers for forgiveness is:

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلا أَنْتَ

'Allahumma anta Rabbee
Laa ilaaha illaa anta, Khalaqtanee
wa ana abduka, wa ana 'ala ahdika
wa wa'dika mastata'tu,
A'oodhu bika min Sharri ma sana'tu,
Aboo'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya,
wa Aboo'u bidhanbee faghfirlee
fa'innahu la yaghfirudh-dhunooba
illaa anta.'

Translation: O Allah! You are my Cherisher. There is no deity except You. You have created me and I am Your servant and as far as possible, I abide by my solemn promise and covenant (which I made to You). I seek Your protection against the consequences of my wrongdoings. I fully acknowledge the grace You have bestowed upon me and I confess my sins. So pardon me my sins as none besides You can pardon sins.

The Prophet, :saws:, added, “If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it and dies before the morning he will be from the people of Paradise.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 318)

It is for this reason that it has been named Sayyidul Istighfaar meaning The Chief Form of Repentance.

You can also say du'as from the sunnah and supplement them with du'as in your own language.

For anyone who wishes to say words in their own language seeking forgiveness or making du'a:

rather the one who makes du’aa’, if he is not used to speaking in grammatical Arabic, he should not force himself to do so. One of the salaf said, if a person forces himself to speak grammatical Arabic, he will not be focused in his heart.
the du’aa’ should come from the heart, and the tongue should simply follow the heart. Whoever focuses in his du’aa’ on making the words grammatically correct will have less focus in his heart. Therefore the one who is in urgent need should pray from the heart with whatever words Allaah inspires him to say, without preparing it beforehand.
"It is permissible to make du’aa’ in Arabic or in languages other than Arabic. Allaah knows the desire of the one who is making du’aa’, even if he cannot speak Arabic correctly, for He understands all languages and understands the needs of those who speak different languages."
Source of quotes

And Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!