/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Virus alert

sister herb
08-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Salam alaykum

if anyone get link like this http://phospace.com/photos.php?= in msn don´t open it. There is virus and may infect your computer.

:exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Ive been recieving emails from people on my contact list that say stuff like "I know who deleted me ,you can check who deleted you" something similar to that, so basically if someone clicks this link, this link gets sent to everyone on their contact list, dunno if i make sense :-\

Jazakallahu Khaayr for the awareness

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

أحمد
08-15-2010, 10:01 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum

if anyone get link like this http://phospace.com/photos.php?= in msn don´t open it. There is virus and may infect your computer.

:exhausted
Its not a virus, but it is a trojan for 32 bit systems only.

File contents:

File size: 69120 bytes
MD5 hash: 6906cbc96ba46fde4b4a106bb2b5669e
SHA1 hash: 1b9a627318e17c952918223cffce7768022fc32d

format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Ive been recieving emails from people on my contact list that say stuff like "I know who deleted me ,you can check who deleted you" something similar to that, so basically if someone clicks this link, this link gets sent to everyone on their contact list, dunno if i make sense :-\

Jazakallahu Khaayr for the awareness

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam
Phishing is a growing problem. If you ever get to such a page-link; never enter your correct login credentials.

:wa:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-15-2010, 10:22 PM
SubhaanAllaah, i guess those emails i recieved, those people entered there details and stuff

Jazakallahu khaayran

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أحمد
08-15-2010, 10:39 PM

SubhaanAllaah, i guess those emails i recieved, those people entered there details and stuff

Jazakallahu khaayran
Getting people's general details is "piece of cake" for any experienced phisher; they don't necessarily have to be victims of phishing. Getting login credentials is much more difficult; it requires the victim to enter details on a phishing page. Usually, if you receive emails; its possible that someone is either trying some sort of online identity fraud, or they are amongst those schoolboy hackers; who take part in such activities to show off their skills to an online community or their mates. They can only cause any real cause for concern if you have an easy-to-guess password, or you willingly give your login credentials away. They cannot use any form of conventional automated attack (i.e. dictionary, brute-force or rainbow) against a well protected email service station. Your email account is reasonably secure (if its gmail, yahoo or msn); its guarded by a cyber army of computer experts.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-15-2010, 10:44 PM
So is Msn guarded? safe from hackers i mean?

Jazakallahu Khaayr, sounds really scary inshaAllaah nobody grabs onto my password.

Snowflake
08-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Jazaki Allah khayr for the warning sis Harb.

Windows Live had an option that allowed you to view emails (view source) without opening them. I don't know why they've got rid of it. I managed to get senders names and block them without having to open their emails. Perhaps they'll bring it back if we ask.

Asiyah3
08-15-2010, 11:30 PM

Unfortunately I was among those who fell for the trap and it sent a message to all the people on my contact list. :/ Kheir insha'Allah. After I entered my login details a few names from my contact list appeared and some ads popped up. I later changed my password al-hamdulillah.

Jazakiallah for the warning sister harb.

أحمد
08-16-2010, 03:56 AM

So is Msn guarded? safe from hackers i mean?

Jazakallahu Khaayr, sounds really scary inshaAllaah nobody grabs onto my password.
The email service is guarded with higher level security, but as major email providers offer instant messaging; this leads to further security threats. If you use a password between ten and fifteen characters in length, including capital letters, symbols and numbers; you've got a less chance of anyone guessing it or even getting to it (which is possible for some hackers).

Examples:
Not secure Password: mouse
Secure Password: |1¬@m0U$e:#

format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Jazaki Allah khayr for the warning sis Harb.

Windows Live had an option that allowed you to view emails (view source) without opening them. I don't know why they've got rid of it. I managed to get senders names and block them without having to open their emails. Perhaps they'll bring it back if we ask.
It still has the option; goto inbox, select the message and Right-Click over it. You should be able to view message header; this will provide the sender's IP under "x-origin...". However, if the sender uses a proxy or an anonymous mailing service; you will only see a fake address. The IP is still possible to trace, but not as easy as the common point and click.

format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**

Unfortunately I was among those who fell for the trap and it sent a message to all the people on my contact list. :/ Kheir insha'Allah. After I entered my login details a few names from my contact list appeared and some ads popped up. I later changed my password al-hamdulillah.

Run a full antiviral and antispyware scan of your computer; many phishers use malware as an extra measure to capture more information. Keyloggers are one of their favourites; although they can be easily fooled by key scrambling software, they still catch onto many victims. A keylogger can be found in the most innocent looking file; a simple text or picture file can contain this. More-so, they are difficult for many antiviruses to detect; as they are made, customised and redistributed in their hundreds every year over community sites and file-sharing. If you use firefox; I recommend the keyscrambler addon. Goto firefox addons on mozilla's site, search for keyscrambler.

Remember: Always stay at least ten steps ahead of the hacker. Not all hackers are complete idiots, so you have to be extra careful.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Aah Ok Jazakallahu Khaayr

My password is loong, but ive had for a long time, maybe i should think about changing it to something else

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-16-2010, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**

Yes sis i think i fell for it once also, so your not alone :-\
I think it sent to all my contact list and stuff

أحمد
08-16-2010, 04:44 PM

Anyone can lose their login credentials to phishers, spies and hackers. You have to be extra careful at school, college or any other similar computer system.

Somebody
05-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Bump and thanks. Good post.

:thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!