/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am i doomed ? is this shirk ?

anonymous
08-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Salaam

this mite seem like a stupid question, but since ramadan, ive had a lot of tym to reflect and only just thought of sumthing in my past, that im really worried about.

a few years ago i had a relationship with a non muslim (no longer 2getha now) but anyway, we used to exchange things etc, 1 day i remember sending him the song from a bolly movie titled

"tuj mein rab dikhta hai "

I realise what this means now, but does this mean ive committed a sin of sum sort ? tbh i did used 2 sing the song, as do a lot of people i know, but we werent fully aware of what this ment ? well we did and didnt ? at the time we didnt associate it with allah...

Obviously ive moved on from my past, but it was a thought that came in2 my head after isha last nite and im really, really worried now.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

If you made tawbah/repented sincerely 100% and realised this what you did was a sin, then Allaah is Most Forgiving as he mentions in his Noble Book.

This is what Allaah Subhanahu Wa tala says :

"And ask the forgiveness of God [wa 'staghfiri 'llâh]. Truly, God is Most Forgiving [Ghafûr], Merciful" [Qur'an 4:106].
"Know that there is no divinity except God [lâ illâha illâ 'llâh], and ask forgiveness for your sins (wa 'staghfir li-dhanbi-ka), and for the (sins of all other) men and women who believe" [Qur'an 47:19].

"So be patient (in adversity), for the promise of God (always comes) true. And ask forgiveness for your sins [wa 'staghfir li-dhanbi-ka]. And celebrate the praises (Hamd) of your Lord in the evening and the morning" [Qur'an 40:55].

"Celebrate the praises [Hamd] of your Lord, and ask His forgiveness [wa 'staghfir-hû], for truly He is Turning" (in Mercy toward those who repent) [Qur'an 110:3].

"Allah forgiveth not (The sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right)." [Al-Quraan:4.116]

There are many more, hope these help inshaAllaah

And Ramadhaan Mubarak Sistah

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Insecured soul
08-15-2010, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaam

this mite seem like a stupid question, but since ramadan, ive had a lot of tym to reflect and only just thought of sumthing in my past, that im really worried about.

a few years ago i had a relationship with a non muslim (no longer 2getha now) but anyway, we used to exchange things etc, 1 day i remember sending him the song from a bolly movie titled

I realise what this means now, but does this mean ive committed a sin of sum sort ? tbh i did used 2 sing the song, as do a lot of people i know, but we werent fully aware of what this ment ? well we did and didnt ? at the time we didnt associate it with allah...

Obviously ive moved on from my past, but it was a thought that came in2 my head after isha last nite and im really, really worried now.
May be sister muslimah 4 life doesnt know what "tuj mein rab dikhta hai means"

well that means i can see god in you, this basically means that ur lover is ur god as it is usually potrayed in hindi cinema
the guy whos singing that is shahrukh khan who comes on television and says insha allah and sometimes hold quran in his hand, well may be to show he is proud to be muslim? but im sure he doesnt have proper knowledge of islam

well yes singing that song is shirk and i guess u use to sing it coz u were mad for him? i hope ur not anymore
remember thse songs and movies will take u on a course where shaitaan will be ur company
do taubah and remember the rule of doing sincere taubah is to never repeat it again.

wassalam

Dagless
08-15-2010, 09:25 PM
at the time we didnt associate it with allah...

That song can come into your head but you are thinking it due to the beat or whatever, not because you believe the words. You sent it to your ex because you thought it was romantic, not because you saw him as a God. Do you see the difference? Intention and belief are most important. It is probably something you should ask forgiveness for since you now see how wrong it was - although it seems it was not something you intended or ever believed.

Disclaimer: I am not a scholar.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-15-2010, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul
May be sister muslimah 4 life doesnt know what "tuj mein rab dikhta hai means"
Actually i do know what it means!

I saw that the sistah feels she has commited a sin, a form of shirk due to this the best advice i could her give her is that she should repent and ask for forgiveness because she said she is worried ..hence i adviced her! i do not answer if i have no idea what the poster meant

IbnAbdulHakim
08-15-2010, 10:11 PM
the past is the past :)

and it is what Allah forgives with change and repentance

cat eyes
08-15-2010, 10:45 PM
:sl: no its not a stupid question at all sister.. the answer is yeah you have committed shirk and its good this has come to your knowledge Alhamdulilah so you can repent for it. a lot of songs unfortunately contain shirk. what id do is stay up all night and ask forgiveness and cry and cry and inshAllah if you feel better by morning this is good sign.

shirk is major sin in islam and should not be taken lightly. whether you knew what it meant or not you still should repent in case.. i'm not sure what the ruling is on this but its best to ask a scholar considering music is haraam for its harmful effects anyway most non practicing muslims are aware of but yet sadly do not care.

Alhamdulilah at least it has come to your knowledge now sister. i wouldnt waste a second repenting.
:wa:

Muslim Woman
08-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Salaam sis

Allah accepts repentance till death approaches. So Sis , offer ur sincere repentane and stay away from all major sins like blasphemy , having a boyfriend that may easily led to commit adultery etc.

Offer extra salat during the holy Ramadan and keep asking Allah's forgiveness. It's good that u have realised ur mistake , many people don't :(

Ummu Sufyaan
08-16-2010, 08:09 AM
:sl:
ask a scholar ukhtee. other than that, ask for forgiveness, change your ways, stop listening to music and no non-mahram premarital relationship =)

anonymous
08-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Salaam

Im really, really worried as i mentioned above, the thought only came to me a few days ago, after i had read taraweeh prayer.
also the reason why i put up this post, is cos i remember seeing something on peace tv about 2 weeks ago, where a young revert asked a question to zakir naik, on whether there was any dua she could read for her deceased father cos he had committed shirk. Im not sure what shirk is classed as ? is it just associated partners with god ??

insecured soul-at the time, your right, i let my heart run away with what was happening at the time, and i didnt actually think what the lyrics ment if that makes sense. sometimes i feel im being punished for the years i took up with that man, cos seriously nothing has gone right for me since, well it never did b4, but even more so now.

dagless, i didnt associate the song with god, i sang along to the words like every1 does, but i didnt actually associate.

Im no longer with that man anymore, ive changed my ways, ive tried to make islam my life, but its proving a little difficult, saying that, i do realise what i did was wrong, and im repenting. Can some1 plz tell me how wud be the best way to do this ?? since ramadan, ive just been making dua, and asking for 4giveness, i know/feel i should do more, but im not sure. Ive only got back in2 practising, and i dont know a lot tbh.

ummu suffyan, any idea of who/which site i can ask this question ??

Ummu Sufyaan
08-16-2010, 09:11 AM
^asking a local imam would probably be a lot easier. try interstate imams as well.

you can try islamqa...

Salahudeen
08-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Don't worry sister Allah forgives all sins with sincere repentance, as long as you don't die upon shirk, make sincere repentance its ok.

Insecured soul
08-17-2010, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
^asking a local imam would probably be a lot easier. try interstate imams as well.

you can try islamqa...
We need a local imaam for what? to emphasize it was a great sin? sister has already informed that she wasnt associating all that with allah subhanawata aala , but the lyrics openly means that only
its all what hindi songs are meant for, to divinize humans, i remember one more song similar to that, Maine har lamha jisse chaaha, jisse pooja
Ussi ne yaaron mera dil Toda toda, tanha tanha chhoda, i guess it has dia mirza in it, now "POOJA" means worship, this guy is saying he worshipped his girl and she betrayed him

people who understand hindi will know what that song means
the thing to notice is here that these so called stupid actors and actresses be it muslims or non muslim, potrays blasphemy and it is spread through the devil (TV) which has no horns.

Sister you need to be happy that allah azzawajal made u realise and ur having an urge to do taubah, do sincere taubah and simply stop listening, singing, hymming these songs

its ramadan, the blesed month, the doors of mercy are open. do a lot of quran tilawa and pray tahajjud and ask for forgiveness for u and for us

and i think that will be it, insha allah

and allah knows best.

salaam alaikum

Ummu Sufyaan
08-17-2010, 09:53 AM
We need a local imaam for what? to emphasize it was a great sin?
becuase you usually go to imams to get Islamic questions answered? :hmm:

anonymous
08-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Salaam

insecuredsoul- but how do i truly know that i'll have been 4given ? I wont right ? obviously i know what ive done was wrong, but surely there was a reason why its only come to me now ? nearly 18 months later ? I never thought about it at the time. I do remember him saying to me, "if i understood what it ment " and i sed yeh, cos i thought he was referring to me knowing hindi, but i know i didnt associate it with god. Could the way my life is at the moment be like some sort of payback ?

whats the best way to repent ? ive only got back in2 praying, and i dont know much. I dont know if i do my dua right tbh, since ramadan, ive just made dua for allah 2 4give my sins, but do i actually need to say what im repenting for ? also anything else i shud be doing ? praying extra nafl or anything ?

I must admit i do still watch bolly tv, not in ramadan, but socially. you know i never realised b4, but there is a lot of blashphemy in telly, but cos hindi isnt my first language, i dont think about it.

manaal
08-17-2010, 11:28 AM
^ I think the remorse you feel, the fact you asked Allah for forgiveness and have a niyyah never to do it again, will be enough.

Remember Allah is Merciful and understands the weaknesses of man.

Now top worrying and go do something constructive!

Wa Salaam

Ummu Sufyaan
08-17-2010, 11:52 AM
but how do i truly know that i'll have been 4given ?I wont right ? obviously i know what ive done was wrong, but surely there was a reason why its only come to me now ? nearly 18 months later ? I never thought about it at the time. I do remember him saying to me, "if i understood what it ment " and i sed yeh, cos i thought he was referring to me knowing hindi, but i know i didnt associate it with god. Could the way my life is at the moment be like some sort of payback ?
you shouldn't give up on allah's forgiveness. its hard to avoid that feeling of despiar overwhelm you- im sure its not uncommon, but you just have to keep your head above water.

besides, what sin could you have committed that is greater than His forgiveness?

other than that, your post reminded me of this:

Being Afraid That your Repentance Will Not Be Accepted
(Shaykh Bin Baz - Rahimahullah)

QUESTION:A person committed some act of disobedience and afterwards repented to Allah; however, he feels deep iniside himself that Allah will not forgive him. So what is your advice for him?

ANSWER: This is among the proofs of the severity of your fear of Allah Almighty and your reverence for His prohibitions, if Allah wills, you are doing what is right. Nevertheless, you should try to allay this fear, a fear that has no basis for it because it is from the Shaytan. He wants you to feel constricted and he wants you to be miserable. Know him by what he is - an unmitigated enemy. He hates to see you loving and doing what is good, so disobey him and abstain from what he orders you to do. Seek peace in your Lord and know that repentance is sufficient. Even if a sin is greater than all other sins, repentance to Allah Almighty is above it. There is no greater sin than Shirk, but even if a man who associates partners with Allah repents and turns back to Allah, He will forgive him.

So it is required of you to repent from what you have done and after repentance to cease these other matters. It is not required of you to listen to the whispering or to follow the enemy of Allah by this fear which has harmed you. But know that - thanks to Allah Almighty - you have succeeded a great success by repenting sincerely, as Allah Almighty says:

"And verily I am indeed forgiving to him who repents, believes and does righteous deeds, then follow the right way." Surah Ta Ha (20:82)

There is another verse of even greater purport, for it states that a person who, after sinning, repents, has faith, and does good deeds, Allah Almighty will transform his sins into good deeds, which means that He will put a good deed in the place of every bad o¬ne:

"And those who invoke not any other ilah (god) along with Allah, nor kill such life as Allah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse - and whoever does this shall receive the punishment. The torment will be doubled to him o¬n the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace; except those who repent and believe, and do righteous deeds, for those, Allah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. " Surah Al-Furqan (25:68-70).

Allah Almighty informed us here that he transforms their bad deeds into good o¬nes because of their sincere repentance, their faith, and their good deeds. So you, by pondering over your sins which are an offence to Him, and by your repentance from that and your following that with what you do of righteous deeds and faith and conviction, hoping in the rewards with Allah Almighty, then you are exchanging your evil deeds for good. This is the same with all of the evil which the servant repents from and follows up with faith and righteous deeds, Allah exchanges them for good, out of His grace and beneficence, glorious is He the Almighty.

Source: Fatawa Islaamiyah Section: Repentance and Rulings Regarding It pgs.243-245.

Alpha Dude
08-17-2010, 12:03 PM
You should live in a state that is a mixture of hope and fear. Since Allah is All Merciful, All Forgiving and All Compassionate, you have this hope that Allah will definitely forgive you. Yet Allah has all power over us and we are to stand before him to be held to account so we have fear of that. Fear is a means of not becoming complacent.

Fear without hope, you'll always be in a state of worry.
Hope without fear and you'll tend to sin a lot because you assume that you'll be forgiven in the end anyway.

Both are incorrect attitudes. Strike a balance between the two.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-17-2010, 01:47 PM
whats the best way to repent ?
Aslaamu`Alaaykum sistah

If you read the verses carefully that i posted earlier maybe you would understand

"And ask the forgiveness of God [wa 'staghfiri 'llâh]. Truly, God is Most Forgiving [Ghafûr], Merciful" [Qur'an 4:106].

Allaah knows whats in your heart and he knows your sincerety. Raise your hands and speak to Allaah like your best friend/companion as hes the only truest companion you will ever get.

so as the verse says ask for forgiveness a(meaning constantly but sincerely) and Allaah is the most forgiving. Do you not know Allaah is most forgiving and Mercyful? as he has said many of times in the Quraan

May Allaah SWT the mercyful accept your repentance,Ameen

Wa`Alaaykum Salaaam

Insecured soul
08-18-2010, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan

becuase you usually go to imams to get Islamic questions answered? :hmm:
Then why do people come here with questions and what is this forum actually meant for??

Insecured soul
08-18-2010, 01:10 AM
Salaam

insecuredsoul- but how do i truly know that i'll have been 4given ? I wont right ? obviously i know what ive done was wrong, but surely there was a reason why its only come to me now ? nearly 18 months later ? I never thought about it at the time. I do remember him saying to me, "if i understood what it ment " and i sed yeh, cos i thought he was referring to me knowing hindi, but i know i didnt associate it with god. Could the way my life is at the moment be like some sort of payback ?

whats the best way to repent ? ive only got back in2 praying, and i dont know much. I dont know if i do my dua right tbh, since ramadan, ive just made dua for allah 2 4give my sins, but do i actually need to say what im repenting for ? also anything else i shud be doing ? praying extra nafl or anything ?

I must admit i do still watch bolly tv, not in ramadan, but socially. you know i never realised b4, but there is a lot of blashphemy in telly, but cos hindi isnt my first language, i dont think about it.
Alhamdullillah, "LOOK ABOVE" our brothers and sisters have already given u the best reply.

Hamza Asadullah
08-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Salaam

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, jazakallahu khayran for your question sister. Firstly in order for Shirk to take place then you need to accept it with your heart and not just your tongue. Usually there is a connection between heart and tongue but in your case you just simply stated it without believing it in your heart.

Sameway when person says shahada without believing it with their heart then there Shahada is not accepted until they have affirmed what they are saying with their heart. So because of the fact that you have not accepted it in your heart but just simply said it then it is not shirk.

Even if a person done shirk by accepting it in their heart, if afterwards they denounce the shirk and feel remorseful and repent sincerely to Allah with the intention of never repeating such an act then Allah will forgive inshallah.

So my sister be rest assured now and spend your time in recitation of Qur'an and dhikrullah aswell as learning about Islam and involving yourself in doing good deeds as much as you can for this blessed month may be our last and this is our BEST chance to get closer to Allah.

And Allah knows best in all matters

anonymous
08-21-2010, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, jazakallahu khayran for your question sister. Firstly in order for Shirk to take place then you need to accept it with your heart and not just your tongue. Usually there is a connection between heart and tongue but in your case you just simply stated it without believing it in your heart.

Sameway when person says shahada without believing it with their heart then there Shahada is not accepted until they have affirmed what they are saying with their heart. So because of the fact that you have not accepted it in your heart but just simply said it then it is not shirk.

Even if a person done shirk by accepting it in their heart, if afterwards they denounce the shirk and feel remorseful and repent sincerely to Allah with the intention of never repeating such an act then Allah will forgive inshallah.

So my sister be rest assured now and spend your time in recitation of Qur'an and dhikrullah aswell as learning about Islam and involving yourself in doing good deeds as much as you can for this blessed month may be our last and this is our BEST chance to get closer to Allah.

And Allah knows best in all matters
Salaam

your right, i sed it but i didnt accept it. wen i realised what i had done last week, the guilt was screwing me up inside, and i didnt wana tell any1, cos of the normal reaction. I know ive sinned, but Ive started repenting.

muslimah4life. wen ive made dua b4, ive never thought of doing it as the way you suggest, i feel stupid sumtimes, but thanks, i'll try and remember from now on.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!