/* */

PDA

View Full Version : dhikr

Ummu Sufyaan
08-16-2010, 01:41 PM
:sl:
at the risk of looking like a fool, other than the dhikr "time slot" of morning an night/after prayers can you say words of adhkaar? in other words can you say dhikr (such as subhanallah, alhadulillah, allahu akbar, etc) out side the 2 mentioned times?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslimeen
08-16-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't see any reason why not, in fact I am sure it is beneficial.

distressed
08-16-2010, 01:53 PM
salaam

without sounding ded thick..which i probably do, what does "dhikr" mean? also can subhanallah, alhadulillah, allahu akbar, etc) be sed without wudu ? also asktakfirullah ? am i right in thinking that should be recited when a bad thought comes into the head ? can that be sed any time, ? like on the bus etc ?

D

Abdul Wahid
08-16-2010, 02:02 PM
:wa: sister.

As far as I know there is nothing wrong with saying Zikr outside the times you have mentioned. Unless someone can correct me. There is nothing wrong with asking sister so your no fool.

ALLAH(SWT) mentions in the Qur'an:

"Those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh), and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allâh, Verily, in the remembrance of Allâh do hearts find rest" (Surah ar'Ra'd 13:28)

"O you who believe! Celebrate the praises of Allah, and do so often; and glorify Him morning and evening." (Holy Qur'an 33:41-41)

ALLAH(SWT) has commanded us to remember him always. He says: "Remember Me, I shall remember you." (Qur'an 2:152)

ALLAH(SWT) says in the Qur'an: "And establish regular prayer, for prayer restrains from shameful and unjust deeds, and remembrance of Allah is the greatest thing in life, without doubt." (Surah al-Ankabut 29:45)

The following are from Hadith:

"When any group of men remember Allah, angels surround them and mercy covers them, tranquillity descends upon them, and Allah mentions them to those who are with Him." (Reported by Abu Hurairiah)

The Prophet (SAW) has described many forms of dhikr and their importance. Among them is what is described in this hadith: "And whoever says Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi (Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him) a hundred times during a day, will have all sins wiped off even if they were as numerous as the foam on the surface of the sea." (Bukhari)

"If anyone extols Allah (Subhan Allah) after every prayer thirty-three times, and praises Allah (Al Hamd-u-Lillah) thirty-three times, and declares His Greatness (Ahhah-u-Akbar) thirty-three times, ninety-nine times in all, and say to complete a hundred: "There is no god but Allah, having no partner with Him, to Him belongs sovereignty and to Him to praise due, and He is Potent over everything," his sins will be forgiven even if these are as abundant as the foam of the sea. " (Tirmidhi and Ahmad)

The Prophet (SAW) said, "The contrast between a person who glorifies Allah and one who does not remember Him is like that between the living and the dead." (Bukhari & Muslim)

The people said, "O Allah's Apostle! The rich people have got the highest degrees of prestige and the permanent pleasures (in this life and the life to come in the Hereafter)." He said, "How is that?" They said, "The rich pray as we pray, and strive in Allah's Cause as we do, and spend from their surplus wealth in charity, while we have no wealth (to spend likewise)." He said, "Shall I not tell you a thing, by doing which, you will catch up with those who are ahead of you and supersede those who will come after you; and nobody will be able to do such a good deed as you do except the one who does the same (deed as you do). That deed is to recite 'Subhan Allah ten times, and 'Al-Hamdulillah ten times, and 'Allahu Akbar' ten times after every prayer." (Bukhari)

The Prophet (SAW) said: "If people sit in an assembly in which they do not remember Allah nor invoke blessing on the Prophet, it will be a cause of grief for them on the Day of Judgment." (Narrated by Abu Hurairiah)

The Prophet (SAW) said "Allah (SWT) says: 'I am to my servant as he expects of Me, I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him in My heart, and if he remembers Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly better than his, and if he draws nearer to Me a hand's span, I draw nearer to him an arm's length, and if he comes to me walking I come to him running."

So when we are free and doing nothing. Do Zikr & remember ALLAH(SWT).

Like I said sis as far as I know you can do Zikr anytime, (anyplace) you want apart from the washroom.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Wahid
08-16-2010, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by distressed
salaam

without sounding ded thick..which i probably do, what does "dhikr" mean? also can subhanallah, alhadulillah, allahu akbar, etc) be sed without wudu ? also asktakfirullah ? am i right in thinking that should be recited when a bad thought comes into the head ? can that be sed any time, ? like on the bus etc ?

D
:wa: sister

Yes that is Zikr (rememberance of ALLAH). No you don't need wudhu. You can say it anytime apart from the time you are in the washroom. When your going to work/college/uni/shopping etc you do Zikr. The rewards are huge.

Vigno
08-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Asalamu Alekum

Dhikr is the remembrance of Allah, it can be said at anytime, anywhere, whether with wudu or not. However, there is dhikr said at particular times only. Like dhikr in the morning only (after fajr) and one at evening (after asr). Even if dhikr is said with the tongue only, it is considered dhikr but the greater reward comes when the heart and tongue combined in dhikr.
Subhanah, Alhamdulilah, Allahu Akbar, subhanah Allah wa bihamdih-subhanah Allah al atheem, subhanah Allah wa Alhamdulilah wa la ilaha ila Allah wa Allah akbar etc can be said at anytime of the day or night.
Whoever says "subhanah Allah wa bihamdih-subhanah Allah al atheem" or "subhanah Allah wa Alhamdulilah wa la ilaha ila Allah wa Allah akbar" a palm tree is planted for him or her in Paradise.
So try to say them all the time, and say "Astaghfir Allah al atheem wa atuubu ilih" all the time or better, "Astaghfir Allah al atheem alathi la ilaha ila huwa al hay al kayuum wa atuubu ilih" this one is the master saying of repentance.
Saying "La ilaha ila Allah wahdahu la shareeka lahu-lahu al mulk wa lahu al hamd wa howa ala kuli shaian kadeer" is of great reward and you should try to say it 100 times every day.

Jazakum Allah Khiir

syed_z
08-16-2010, 07:57 PM
The Prophet (SAW) has described many forms of dhikr and their importance. Among them is what is described in this hadith: "And whoever says Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi (Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him) a hundred times during a day, will have all sins wiped off even if they were as numerous as the foam on the surface of the sea." (Bukhari)
Thanks for sharing bro.

this is has much affect on me ... beautiful words. It is said in a Hadith that these words are Shortest in length and Heaviest in rewarding.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!