/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do some people say you cannot cut hair/nails whilst fasting?

Kabeer
08-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Salaam,

I have heard people say you cannot cut your hair/nails whilst fasting.
But ofc this is not true, you can.

I would like to know where does this misconception come from? Im assuming it must stem from somewhere, a misinterpretation of some verse or hadith.
(only thing that comes to mind is that you cannot during first 10 days off Hajj).

Thanks,
Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Soulja Girl
08-17-2010, 06:16 PM
:sl:

You can.. People chat.. You don't listen to people.. xD

Here's proof: https://islamqa.org/hanafi/askmufti/44598 :)

:wa:

أحمد
08-17-2010, 09:42 PM

Small book recommended by Islam QA: http://d1.islamhouse.com/data/en/ih_...to_Fasting.pdf

Kabeer
08-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Salaam,

Thanks for the reply guys. But I wasnt asking if you can, I already mentioned in my original post I know you can.
What I am asking is, where are the people who say you cant getting their info from? It must be some source.

Thanks

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أحمد
08-19-2010, 03:14 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Kabeer
Salaam,

Thanks for the reply guys. But I wasnt asking if you can, I already mentioned in my original post I know you can.
What I am asking is, where are the people who say you cant getting their info from? It must be some source.

Thanks
The answer is highlighted in green; many people base their rulings on guesswork.

(2:78) And among them are unlettered ones who do not know the Scripture except in wishful thinking, but they are only assuming.

format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

You can.. People chat.. You don't listen to people.. xD

Here's proof: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/cat/102 :)

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-19-2010, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
^Or from the ruling that you shouldn't cut those while in the state of janabah? :ermm:
what is state of janabah? BTW I knew that one can clip nails and have a hair-cut while fasting...

~Raindrop~
08-19-2010, 04:12 PM
^Ritually impure. In need of ghusl before you can pray or fast.

أحمد
08-19-2010, 04:13 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid

what is state of janabah? BTW I knew that one can clip nails and have a hair-cut while fasting...
Janabah is sexual impurity. You can cut your nails and hair in both cases.

أحمد
08-19-2010, 04:17 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
^Ritually impure. In need of ghusl before you can pray or fast.
Ritual impurity is a more general term (najasah), janabah is more specific. Your explanation is spot on.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!