/* */

PDA

View Full Version : confused

noorseeker
08-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Salam brothers ans sis ,

As we know the shaytan is chained, so what ever bad things we do is from our ownselves.

So my question is are you scared of some personality traits you have coming to the surface during Ramadan.

Im experiencing so many thought of anger and lust its untrue

I keep on picturing or making up scenes in my head that i am arguing with people. Im quite reserved any way, its like in my head ive become outspoken

Im good at not getting angry, its all these things i repress are coming out, i feel so evil

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
08-21-2010, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Salam brothers ans sis ,

As we know the shaytan is chained, so what ever bad things we do is from our ownselves.

So my question is are you scared of some personality traits you have coming to the surface during Ramadan.

Im experiencing so many thought of anger and lust its untrue

I keep on picturing or making up scenes in my head that i am arguing with people. Im quite reserved any way, its like in my head ive become outspoken

Im good at not getting angry, its all these things i repress are coming out, i feel so evil
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, jazakallahu khayran for your question. My Brother althoguh shaythan is locked away we still have our bad habits that we have gained throughout the year as well as our nafs (desires). When someone has been sinning for 335 days in a year then it is not easy to just change with a click of a finger but Allah has made it easy for us by his mercy in order for us to change ourselves for the better in this blessed month.

How much easier to we find to pick up the Qur'an which has gathered dust throughout the whole year? How much easier to we find to pray nafil Salaah when we have'nt prayed many throughout the whole year and how much easier is it to do any good act than any other part of the year? This is all due to the mercy of Allah because he has given us an opportunity to redeem ourselves and to get closer to him in this blessed month. This month is a mercy for all Muslims and so we should make the best of it and change ourselves for the better.

We should list ALL our bad habits and prioritise which we want to work on more than others depending on which are worst. We should know that if we don'ty leave any of our sins then Allah is not in need of our fasts. This month is for us to restrain ourselves against our desires and to rid ourselves of bad characteristics. ANYONE can change so NEVER think you cannot change because you are only decieving yourself thinking in that way. Ask of Allah to help you to change yourself for the better and to help you rid yourself of bad characteristics.

Lower your gaze and do not look at non mahrams on TV or out and about for this will stop your mind from creating lustful images. Do NOT overeat at iftaari and Sehri for what we eat affects our lustful desires. Humble yourself and constantly imagine that Allah is watching you at all times and so before doing ANY act think and reflect and this way you will do what is right.

Many of us think that “a perfect Muslim” is simply one who is correct in the observance of the salah (ritual Prayer), the fasting, the zakah (payment of a certain portion of one’s wealth to the poor), and the Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah). This indeed is not the case.

If the ritual observances do not help the person to be humble, virtuous and truly God-fearing, then he or she is not a real Muslim. A Muslim should be good and just in dealing with others, no matter their religion, and take special care to keep away from all the shameful and sinful things Allah has forbidden.

One can never get close to Allah by being arrogant, full of pride and having a bad character and manners. Those who have humility and are humble and have good character and manners are the closest to Allah and Allah raises their ranks in the hereafter. The best person is the one who is best towards others.

The superiority of good character:

Hadrat Abu Darda, may Allah be pleased with him, relates that the Holy Prophet Muhammad, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said, “Nothing is heavier in the scales of a believer on the Day of Judgement than his good behaviour. Allah detests a person who is obscene and shameless”. (Tirmidhi)

The best friend in the sight of Allah is he who is the well-wisher of his companions, and the best neighbour is one who behaves best towards his neighbours. (Tirmidhi)

Having humility and being humble:

The Prophet (PBUH) said: "He who was humble for the sake of God by one degree, God (SWT) would then elevate them to a degree till they reach the uppermost of high Orders, and he who was arrogant to God (SWT), God (SWT) would then lower him for a degree till he reaches the lowest of low Orders", (Narrated by: Muslim (Hadeeth: 6535).

Al-Nawawi said:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “And no one humbles himself before Allaah but Allaah will raise him (in status).”

Humbleness is to know the value of oneself, to avoid pride, or disregarding the truth and underestimating people. As the Prophet sallallahu`alaihi wa sallam said, according to Muslim and others, "Al-Kibr is rejecting the truth and looking down upon people" [Muslim, Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud].

Humbleness is for one who is important and significant and he fears to gain notoriety or to become too great among people. Humbleness is that one should humble himself with his companions.

Humbleness is to humble oneself to one who is below you. If you find someone who is younger than you, or of less importance than you, you should not despise him, because he might have a better heart than you, or be less sinful, or closer to Allah than you. Even if you see a sinful person and you are righteous, do not act in arrogance towards him, and thank Allah that He saved you from the tribulation that He put him through.

Remember that there might be some riyaa' or vanity in your righteous deeds that may cause them to be of no avail, and that this sinful person may be regretful and fearful concerning his bad deeds, and this may be the cause of forgiveness of his sins.

Humbleness is that your deed should not become too great in your eyes. If you do a good deed, or attempt to get closer to Allah ta`ala through an act of obedience, your deed may still not be accepted, "Allah only accepts from those who have taqwa (fear of Allah)." (Surat al-Maida: 27)

Humbleness is that, when you are advised, if Shaytaan calls you to reject the advice, you must negate him. Because the purpose of advice is that your brother points out the defects that you have.

The arrogant never gives credit to anybody or mentions good about someone, and if he needed to do so, he would also mention five defects of that person. But if he hears somebody reminding him about his own defects, he will not be flexible nor comply due to his inferiority complex. This is why it is among man's moral integrity to accept criticism or comment without any sensitivity or discomfort or feelings of shame and weakness.

We can summarize the teachings of Islam about the Muslim character in the following list:

Be truthful in everything, don’t lie.
Be sincere and straightforward, don’t be hypocritical.
Be honest, don’t be corrupt.
Be humble, don’t be boastful.
Be moderate, don’t be excessive.
Be reserved, don’t be garrulous.
Be soft-spoken, don’t be loud.
Be refined and gentle in speech, don’t curse and use foul language.
Be loving and solicitous to others, don’t be unmindful of them.
Be considerate and compassionate, don’t be harsh.
Be polite and respectful to people, don’t be insulting or disrespectful.
Be generous and charitable, don’t be selfish and miserly.
Be good natured and forgiving, don’t be bitter and resentful.
Share and be content with what Allah has given you, don’t be greedy.
Be cheerful and pleasant, don’t be irritable and morose.
Be chaste and pure, don’t be lustful.
Be alert and aware of the world around you, don’t be absent-minded.
Be dignified and decent, don’t be graceless.
Be optimistic and hopeful, don’t be cynical or pessimistic.
Be confident and have deep faith, don’t be doubtful and wavering.
Be spiritually oriented and not materialistic.
Be confident of the mercy of Allah, don’t be despairing and lose heart.
Be diligent and vigilant of your duties, don’t be negligent.
Be thankful to Allah and constantly pray to Him, don’t be forgetful of His innumerable blessings.

Therefore act now to rectify your character as Allah has made it easier for us in this blessed month. Remember Allah as much as you can and glorify him constantly. Lower your gaze and do not look at non mahram women. Do not over eat and ask of Allah to help you to rectify yourself. Constantly ask for forgiveness and make dua as much as you can as Allah loves when his slaves asks of him in meekness and humbleness.

Do not waste a second this Ramadan for there are abundant rewards to be gained and little time to do them. Act as if this may be our last Ramadan because it very may well likely be!

And Allah alone gives success

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!