/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A-level results out tomorrow in the uk

tango92
08-18-2010, 12:25 PM
so how are we all feeling? tomorrow could be life changing for many of us. :heated:

i know i messed up a couple exams but im hoping Allah swt will make up the difference. so im pretty relaxed :shade: (misplaced confidence?):hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
08-18-2010, 02:17 PM
inshallah akhi you pass but if you don't it's not the end of the world the important exam is the exam on the day of judgement so prepare for it with good deeds :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-18-2010, 02:40 PM
im scared :-\ and is it A level results day for everyone tomorrow?

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-18-2010, 02:44 PM
What is it about?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
08-18-2010, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
im scared :-\ and is it A level results day for everyone tomorrow?
To my knowledge yes

bro abdul, these are the results for national exams for 17/18 yr olds in the uk. our uni offers are hanging on these grades

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Aaah Jazakallahu Khaayr

if you didnt post up this thread i wouldve not gone :-\, they dont even send a letter home or something SubhaanAllaah:-\
i thought it was usually on August 20 something but aah well

tango92
08-18-2010, 03:51 PM
if any1 can get hold of aqa boundaries ill be really greateful

heres OCR http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin...und_jun_10.pdf

Neelofar
08-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Salaamz! :D

Inshallah we all get the results we need!

Sister Muslimah 4 Lyf, will your college put ur results up onlyn? i know my college will after 6am 2mrw, i'm not going to be able to sleep afta Sehri! :p
Brother Tango92, i know exactly what you mean about misplaced confidence haha! :D :P i've applied to loughborough university and i wish i put lesta uni as my 1st choice instead, seeing as i live in Lesta [duhhhhhhhhh! :P] if i don't get into loughborough uni, i'm going to retake my year because i realllyy, realllyy do not want to go to my 2nd choice uni :embarrassed :( :(

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Wa Alaaykum Salaam

Naah i dont think my college puts it up online lol, we have to go get the geeky results lol
The unis here are either Leeds Uni, bradford, and Huddersfield :-\
but i wana get into Huddz if i get a chance :-\ InshaAllaah

InshaAllaah sis you get in the Uni you will!

Neelofar
08-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Inshallah you do! Hey, my friend wanted to go Leeds uni! :D i don't want to go to college 2mrw to get my results certificate because i know everyone will be there wanting to know my results!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Samere :-\ weirdos

Nájlá
08-18-2010, 04:35 PM
^Get it the next day :p if your college allows you too, that is.

Inshallah we all will pass and get to make our parents proud of us but most importantly get the uni's we want to go to.
And May Allah make life much easier for us.

Life_Is_Short
08-18-2010, 04:42 PM
:sl:
I took one re-take this year and i am begining to worry now. :(

May Allah SWT grant us success.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Ameen
May Allaah give you the marks you need Uktee and also the rest of us,Ameen
I took many resits, resits are geeky :-\

Life_Is_Short
08-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Make sure you know how the clearing system works especially if you're not sure about your result. Be sure to check UCAS track first thing tommorow. It will be updated between 6-7 am. Here is how clearing works: http://www.ucas.com/students/nextsteps/clearing/
Call up your university if you don't get the grades you need and they might even offer you an alternative course.

Afifa
08-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Results tomorow :exhausted...Inshallah we all get the results we want..

tw009
08-18-2010, 09:20 PM
May Allah swt grant you all success!

I never got this A/O level stuff:hmm:

Afifa
08-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Ameen

It quite simple really...There's no O levels anymore...Just A levels ( :p ) And its a two year thing where you choose 4/5 subjects you want to study. The first year is the AS year then the 2nd year is the A level year. After the first year you get your AS result then after completing the full 2 years you get your A level result. Then you can go onto university or get a job..most people go on to university after Alevels.

~Raindrop~
08-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Didn't GCSEs used to be called O Levels?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-18-2010, 10:09 PM
^I dont like geeky words such as O levels it truely is sickening :-\ SubhaanAllaah

Trumble
08-19-2010, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
Didn't GCSEs used to be called O Levels?
Not quite, GCSEs replaced two sets of exams, 'O' (ordinary) levels and CSEs (Certificate of Secondary Education). The second were only usually taken when the pupils were judged to have only a limited chance of getting a decent grade in the former (pass grades at O level were 'A' to 'C'). Both sets of exams (no coursework was assessed for results purposes) were taken during what would now be Year 11.

Good luck to everybody sweating it out tonight; I hope you all get the grades you need.

Rhubarb Tart
08-19-2010, 01:36 AM
I saw Geography exam papers and the module for O levels. GCSE and even A levels is nothing compared to that. I also saw French one, to me if I did O levels French I would be able to move there.

~Raindrop~
08-19-2010, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Not quite, GCSEs replaced two sets of exams, 'O' (ordinary) levels and CSEs (Certificate of Secondary Education). The second were only usually taken when the pupils were judged to have only a limited chance of getting a decent grade in the former (pass grades at O level were 'A' to 'C'). Both sets of exams (no coursework was assessed for results purposes) were taken during what would now be Year 11.
Thank you for the explanation

Rhubarb Tart
08-19-2010, 01:39 AM
:sl:Dont worry guys, ishallah you will pass. I was once sweating out like you lot! It all will over soon. Don't stress so much if you fail as you are allowed to retake. Don't let it ruin your Ramadan.

cat eyes
08-19-2010, 01:39 AM
i hope everyone does well inshAllah your all in my dua :)

Abdul Wahid
08-19-2010, 02:06 AM
InshaALLAH you all pass & go to your preferred uni's.

Lol @ O Levels. Too many oldies here.

Salahudeen
08-19-2010, 02:09 AM
If you don't pass, don't cry it's not the end of the world. Allah didn't send you here to pass O levels or A levels he sent you here to be a Muslim and whoever is obedient to Allah and his messenger has achieved the ultimate success. So if you're obeying Allah and his messenger you're all ready achieving the ultimate success and it's all good :) anything else is just a side issue.

tw009
08-19-2010, 03:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afifa
Ameen

It quite simple really...There's no O levels anymore...Just A levels ( :p ) And its a two year thing where you choose 4/5 subjects you want to study. The first year is the AS year then the 2nd year is the A level year. After the first year you get your AS result then after completing the full 2 years you get your A level result. Then you can go onto university or get a job..most people go on to university after Alevels.
lol okay I think they still have O levels in Pakistan, im not sure :\ ...so you don't have anything called grade 11 or grade 12 or is this what A level is? :heated:

and how was O levels different from A levels?

Rhubarb Tart
08-19-2010, 06:32 AM
Over 3,000 'A' students to be turned away from their chosen universities
Minister says squeeze will affect even those with the best results

By Richard Garner, Education Editor
Thursday, 19 August 2010

Clearing
Study in PragueBritish university programmes
www.praguecollege.cz

Bellerbys® Clearing 2010
Didn't Get the Grades You Needed?100% guaranteed place for Sept 2011
www.Bellerbys.com/Clearing2010

International Student?
Are you living in the UK?Begin your journey to University
www.Intohigher.com

Thousands of top-performing A-level candidates are today warned by the Universities minister that they should consider lowering their sights and applying for a less prestigious university next year.

More than 3,000 straight "A"-grade students are expected to be turned away by the institutions of their choice when the results of this year's exams are published. Overall, 200,000 of the 660,000 candidates who have applied to university face disappointment.

In an interview with The Independent, the Universities minister, David Willetts, said these students should not expect to get into their first-choice university next year either.

One option for disappointed youngsters with top-grade passes would be to "look at applying for slightly less competitive universities for next year", he said. "There have been cases of students with excellent A-levels who haven't got places."

His comments immediately provoked fury from lecturers' leaders.

Sally Hunt, general secretary of the University and College Union, said: "I am appalled that the Government is now telling hardworking A-level students to 'aim lower', not higher. Asking some pupils to aim lower does not solve the problem of thousands of them missing out on university places, it just changes who might miss out."

Mr Willetts' comments came as it emerged the scramble for university places was so tight this year that at least 17 institutions would have no places left to offer in clearing this year for A-level candidates.

These included Reading, which had 100 last year but could only offer overseas students places this year.

Other options canvassed by Mr Willetts would include going to a further education college and studying for a degree-level course.

The minister is keen to promote the idea that students could sign on at their local further education college and study for degree courses set by top universities. "Going away from home for three years to a residential university is not necessarily the right thing for everyone," he said.

Speaking against the background of a growing clamour for ministers to increase the number of university places on offer, Mr Willetts held out the prospect of more youngsters studying at the Open University. "It doesn't have the same challenges and restrictions [on student numbers] that are faced by other universities," he said. Last year, the number of 18- to 21-year-olds it had enrolled went up by 36 per cent to 1,810. For the first time, more than one in four students (17,255) were under 25.

In addition, Mr Willetts said the Government had provided funding for 50,000 extra apprenticeships this year – although earlier this week BT revealed that it had had 24,000 applications for 221 places.

He said he was in discussions with the University and Colleges Admissions Service (Ucas) to reach a deal over giving apprentices points for qualifications in the same way as A-levels, so they could then go on to university. "There are a range of options available. People are able to reapply. They should think how they can spend their year adding that bit to their cv, which would help their application – getting practical work experience or extra skills – anything that strengthens their chances next year."

Mr Willetts also mentioned the Government's review of student finance, being carried out by Lord Browne and expected to report in October. One of the options for the review is charging more interest on loans to cover fees – particularly for higher-earning graduates. Other alternatives are the graduate tax or a lifting of the cap on top-up fees – currently at £3,225 a year.

Mr Willetts repeated his assertion that graduates should make a bigger contribution towards their education.

However, he said that that "wasn't intended in a coded way to endorse the graduate tax", with him being "neither pro or against it".

"There are two ways in which graduates can contribute – either through increased fees or a tax, and Lord Browne will study both," he added.

Meanwhile, figures obtained by the Labour Party show the Government's decision to reduce the extra number of university places from 20,000 to 10,000 has had a disproportionate effect on youngsters from disadvantaged communities.

Eight of the institutions to be refused permission to offer extra places are among the top 20 for recruiting disadvantaged youngsters and 10 are among the top 20 for recruiting state school students.

Making the grade today

It may not seem like it but – back in the 1960s – those who applied to go to university had less chance of getting a place than youngsters today. In the late 1960s, there were around 100,000 applications so they had a 50 per cent chance of success. Today there are 660,000 applicants for around 480,000 places, so candidates have a 72 per cent chance of success.

Successful candidates did not have to aim so high in the 1960s, though. For instance, I was given the opportunity to read English at Essex University if I got a "B" and two "C"-grade passes in 1967.

Today, I would not have got in with those grades, as the minimum tariff is 300 points, or three "B" grades. In my time, though, 8 per cent of scripts got "A" grades. Last year it was 27.6 per cent.

Richard Garner

Q&A: 'What can I do if my grades aren't good enough?'

Q. What happens if I just miss out on the grades I needed to snap up my university offer?

A. The first thing to say to you is: don't panic. It is worth calling the university to see if they will still accept you – there is a history of universities accepting students who have just missed out on their offer. If they will not take you on, then it's worth going through the clearing process. Last year, 47,000 students got places through it – higher than was being predicted before results day. It looks as though the numbers are going to be down this year but some universities say they will be advertising more than 100 places.

Q. But what if I fail to get a place through clearing?

A. You could try your local further education (FE) college. David Willetts, the Universities minister, is very keen to promote the idea that youngsters could study for a higher education degree set by a leading university at an FE college. They may not be as restricted in terms of student numbers as the universities. There are also open learning options through the Open University – where you could study and work at the same time – and institutions like Birkbeck College. Both report an increase in the number of 18- to 24-year-olds enrolling for courses.

Q. What if I have flunked my exams altogether? Does that mean the end of my dreams of going to university?

A. If you have done less well than expected, it may be an idea to resit your exams to get better grades and improve your chances of going to university. After all, your teachers or the university that you applied to thought you were capable of doing better. It depends on how badly you have done, but if you were, say, offered a conditional place on getting three A grades, there are universities who would still accept you with three Bs.

Q. Wouldn't I be better forgetting about university altogether? With all this concentration in past years about encouraging people to go to university, is it still possible to get on in life if you don't go?

A. Perhaps you should address that question to Sir Richard Branson or – if he were still alive – Winston Churchill, neither of whom made a spectacular success of their exams.

On a more mundane level, you could try opting for an apprenticeship rather than go down the university route. For far too long, we have neglected the vocational route to getting qualifications – often the kind of qualifications employers are crying out for. As David Willetts reveals on this page, he wants to open up a university route for those who go on apprenticeships. Mr Willetts is negotiating with UCAS, the University and Colleges Admissions Service, to ensure apprentices earn point scores toward taking a degree course.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ed...s-2056368.html

Clearing 2010: Universities offer lifeline to top students
Universities will have more places than predicted for students with 'exceptional' A-level results, but thousands will still miss out

The Guardian, Thursday 19 August 2010
Article history

Leeds is one of nine Russell Group universities to confirm that it will have places available through clearing for those with 'exceptional' A-level results. Photograph: Gareth Copley/Press Association
The most intense scramble ever seen to get into university will begin today, amid signs that some places on degree courses are being held back for high-fliers who miss out on their first choice.

While thousands are predicted to be disappointed, the head of the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service told the Guardian that she expected places to be made available in clearing by universities seeking exceptional candidates who had lost out elsewhere.

Only the most high-achieving candidates will benefit from the lifeline, but the number of places available may surprise applicants who fear they may be excluded from university altogether when A-level results are published.

Mary Curnock Cook, the chief executive of Ucas, said: "I must say that I have really reserved my judgment on how big clearing will be this year. A whole lot of people are saying there are going to be fewer and fewer places in clearing. I've heard that some institutions are deliberately keeping some places in clearing in the hope that they can pick up some well-qualified candidates. It's very difficult to call what clearing will look like."

Despite fears that top universities had closed their doors in advance of clearing, nine of the elite Russell Group, including King's College London, Manchester, Newcastle and Leeds, said yesterday they would have places available. A tenth, Sheffield, said the number of places it would have was still uncertain.

Cardiff University said it would have around 260 places available, Manchester 120 and Newcastle around 100.

Competition for university places means that students of an unprecedented calibre are likely to miss out on their first choices and, despite an almost overwhelming number of applications, other elite universities are keen to attract them.

However, about 170,000 are predicted to miss out on a place after applications surged to another record high.

The University and College Union, which represents lecturers, said 2010 would be remembered as the year when record numbers of qualified students were turned away from university.

General secretary Sally Hunt said: "It is quite tragic that thousands of students will miss out on a university place this summer, though they have achieved good A-level results and been encouraged throughout their academic career to aim for university."

Curnock Cook urged candidates with good grades to consider applying again next year if they had made an "unrealistic" application to a highly competitive university this year.

Just over 47,000 students found a place at a university through clearing last year.

The government has funded 9,000 extra places this year, bringing the total at English universities to nearly 365,000.

There is a government cap on university places in England, and they face fines of £3,700 a student if they exceed this limit.

Today's results are the last A-levels to have been partly taken under a Labour government that came to power promising to transform education. If pass rates rise again, it will lead to fresh controversy about whether standards have slipped.

The new A* grade will be awarded for the first time in an attempt to help universities select the best candidates from the increasing number with three As. The pass rate rose last year to 97.5%, with 26.7% of total entries achieving an A grade.

The head of Ucas said there had been a steady move away from the A-level as the sole route into higher education.

Curnock Cook said: "There has been a dramatic shift – 10 years ago 70% of people going to university would have had A-levels, now its more like 50%. In the younger age group, the A-level is still very much the dominant qualification. [But] increasingly applicants progress successfully to university with things like BTec, diplomas are coming through, there's a whole range of different qualifications."

More mature students are applying for university study. More than 20% of all applicants were over 25 this year, Curnock Cook said.

Professor Les Ebdon, chair of million+, which represents universities set up after 1992, said: "Thousands of well-qualified applicants are likely to be left without a place. There is a very real and serious risk that many individuals from poorer backgrounds, who have been at the heart of the drive to uplift aspirations, will be the very students who do not get a place in 2010. These students are central to any increase in social mobility."

Nicola Dandridge, chief executive of the vice-chancellors' group Universities UK, urged applicants who did not get their grades not to panic: "The Ucas helpline and the exam results helpline will be on hand to offer advice to applicants and universities will also be doing all they can. The clearing process will always be competitive but there will be places available this summer, despite the process being briefer and tighter than in previous years. If applicants can be flexible in their clearing choices, this could help them in securing a place."

Vince Cable has announced a shakeup of higher education, with proposals for higher-earning graduates to pay more for their degrees, as well as cutting the cost to the taxpayer by encouraging private universities.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...offer-lifeline

Please do not despair if you don't get in to the university you want. In fact, just spend a year working, better experience in your CV to use for employer when you graduate or you can choose a better route. You dont have to go to uni to be successful!

I hope you all get what you want.

tango92
08-19-2010, 07:12 AM
I made it guys, alhumdulillah im so happy

jazaks 4 all ur duas guys i know i couldnt have got by without them.

Rhubarb Tart
08-19-2010, 10:51 AM

well done^^^

what are you going to do next?

Life_Is_Short
08-19-2010, 11:35 AM
I got the grade I needed. Alhamulillah. I was so busy with Ramadhan that i didn't even know 19 AUG was today.

It's all over now. Alhamdulilah. Time to concentrate on Ramadhan.

tango92
08-19-2010, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106

well done^^^

what are you going to do next?
go uni, get a job and not worry about exams until next summer inshallah :statisfie

and mayb start wife hunting ;D:nervous:

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-19-2010, 01:00 PM
^^ You'll go to a technological university....?

Neelofar
08-19-2010, 01:03 PM
WAHEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! :D :D I got into Loughborough Uni! :D Well done Brother tango92 :shade::rock: thank you all for ur duas! Much appreciated :)

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-19-2010, 01:07 PM
May I ask a question? Maybe it is off-topic but.....Is Coventry University good...for MBA...my friend is looking forward to do MBA in Coventry University.

tango92
08-19-2010, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Neelofar
WAHEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! :D :D I got into Loughborough Uni! :D Well done Brother tango92 :shade::rock: thank you all for ur duas! Much appreciated :)
sis not only do :rock:

but your also :awesome:

and sis life_is_short the same for you. All the hard work payed of.

and all glory is to Allah.

bro abdul majid im gonna be studying engineering in london (and before any1 presumes the desi story, it was my choice not my parents). alhumdulillah Allah placed me in a decent uni.

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-19-2010, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
bro abdul majid im gonna be studying engineering in london (and before any1 presumes the desi story, it was my choice not my parents). alhumdulillah Allah placed me in a decent uni.
Good to hear that...What stream if you don't mind. I have completed my Electronics and Communications Engineering this year...from different country though...:p

Nájlá
08-19-2010, 02:32 PM
I got good results too Alhamdulillah!!!!

But it's still my first year I hope I do well next year too.

EDIT: Mabrook to all those that passed =D

Caller الداعي
08-19-2010, 02:52 PM
well done mashallah ! tests are difficult and not everyone will do as they wished just shows we arent perfect and we all can learn more. may Allah give u sucess in this life and the next

tango92
08-19-2010, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid

Good to hear that...What stream if you don't mind. I have completed my Electronics and Communications Engineering this year...from different country though...:p
mechanical, but im thinking of changing after my 1st yr to mayb civil. i heard theres not much dough in mechanical :( what do you think?

are you working as an engineer?

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-19-2010, 03:48 PM
no, It's not like that. In whatever stream you do your engg. it is good only after you gain perfection in your field. and good grades always doesn't matter but I am not advising you to take your studies lightly....:p I dont know about UK's education system but I have profound knowledge how the education system works here in India and how companies hire students...
I am currently unemployed...:hmm:
Pray for me...

Afifa
08-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Allhumdulillah my results were good :). Just one more year to go now to the full A level :exhausted:

format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
lol okay I think they still have O levels in Pakistan, im not sure :\ ...so you don't have anything called grade 11 or grade 12 or is this what A level is? :heated:

and how was O levels different from A levels?
A levels would be year 12 and 13... And according to the explanation that was given ( i really dont know much about O levels...it was GCSE's for me :p ) but O levels would have been year 10 and 11.

Mabrook to all those who passed and got great results.. to those who didn't Inshallah you'll do better next time. May Allah make it easy for you :)

tw009
08-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Congratulation to all of you who got the grades that they needed! MashAllah! May Allah swt make things easier for all of you. Ameen
done with the easeir part of life :P but wow Im surprised you all are so young yet sound so mature and practicng, I was nothing like this at your age :cry:

A levels would be year 12 and 13... And according to the explanation that was given ( i really dont know much about O levels...it was GCSE's for me ) but O levels would have been year 10 and 11.
hmm right, all this is so much more complicated than our education system, highschool is so simple here.

Afifa
08-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Its quite simple once you get your head round it :) Personally I don't understand the American Education system...others I'm fine with.

Neelofar
08-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Easyy the American education system Sister TW009! :shade: Nice one! :D my younger sister hopes to inshallah attend a university in the ivy league, she's a propa swot! :p i hope she getz a place and Allah S.W.T makes it easy for herr..Congratulations to everyone, i am so very proud of you! :)

Sawdah
08-19-2010, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
I made it guys, alhumdulillah im so happy

jazaks 4 all ur duas guys i know i couldnt have got by without them.
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
I got the grade I needed. Alhamulillah. I was so busy with Ramadhan that i didn't even know 19 AUG was today.

It's all over now. Alhamdulilah. Time to concentrate on Ramadhan.
format_quote Originally Posted by Nájlá
I got good results too Alhamdulillah!!!!

But it's still my first year I hope I do well next year too.

EDIT: Mabrook to all those that passed =D
format_quote Originally Posted by Afifa
Allhumdulillah my results were good :). Just one more year to go now to the full A level :exhausted:

A levels would be year 12 and 13... And according to the explanation that was given ( i really dont know much about O levels...it was GCSE's for me :p ) but O levels would have been year 10 and 11.

Mabrook to all those who passed and got great results.. to those who didn't Inshallah you'll do better next time. May Allah make it easy for you :)
Allahu Akbar! MashaAllah!

I'm happy to see you guys get the results you wanted, mabrook!

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Ya Allah! We have many would be graduates from UK on board....;D;D;D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-19-2010, 08:09 PM
_____Edit_____

tw009
08-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Easyy the American education system Sister TW009! :shade: Nice one! :D my younger sister hopes to inshallah attend a university in the ivy league, she's a propa swot! :p i hope she getz a place and Allah S.W.T makes it easy for herr..Congratulations to everyone, i am so very proud of you! :)
Im not sure how easy the American highschool system is, but im talking about the Canadian system. In comparison to the UK, highschool is very simple and straightforward and its very easy to get into University here but yes it does depend on your program and which university you apply. But in most cases all you need is 80%+ or even 75%+ gets you in.

I pray for your sister, May Allah swt grant her success in this world and in the hereafter. ameen : )

tango92
08-20-2010, 05:00 PM
insanity sucess stories

In at first choice Sunoo Park 6 A*s

Sunoo's grades were among the top results in the country. The Bristol grammar school pupil had to miss lessons for some of her subjects because her teachers could not cram them all into her school timetable. She has a place at Trinity College, Cambridge, to study computer science.

She studied computing, maths, further maths, physics, Russian and Spanish. Her parents told her the results on the telephone because she is in Canada representing Britain at the International Olympiad in Informatics, a computer science competition.

She says the workload for six A-levels was "manageable because there wasn't that much homework". She added: "I am just so happy that I made my offer. I was hoping for A*s, but you can't guarantee anything."
talk about overkill, there is always someone out there better than you. in this case miles better.

boy genius Zohaib Ahmed of Chandler’s Ford, Hants, bagged an A* in maths, aged just 10.

His 12-year-old brother Wajid matched the feat.

They had already gained As in maths and further maths, then demanded to re-take them so they could get the new A* grades.

Mum Saadhia Ahmed said: “When they heard about the A* they were determined to re-take.

They were worried that when they go for job interviews in the future they’d be asked why they hadn’t got A*.”
sounds like a typical desi family, but 10 yrs is ridiculous. when i was 10 i was watching dragonball z and worrying about what was in my lunch box. Alhumdulillah theyre muslims, i feel sorry for the 12 yr old brother, his A* will never get due credit cause of his little bro

~Raindrop~
08-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Blimey, they've already started A*'s??????

It just undermines my hard-earned A's. :exhausted Not fair.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-20-2010, 06:01 PM
This is not good, i am dissapointed :-\

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!