/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is asking for help from others is alright?

mistyfire
08-19-2010, 01:57 AM
Assalamualaikum.

I have a few questions in my mind. I would be really grateful if you could clarify them.
I had read somewhere that a Muslim should ask help only from Allah and not his fellow beings.Its something like a part of our good deeds are transferred to the person who helps us. Is this true?
I also wanted to ask that like if someone follows a good deed we do, both of us are equally rewarded for it. Is that the same with sin? Do we get punished if someone followed some bad deed that I did. What if I have repented and stopped doing that and the other person hasn't? And if that is the case what is the best thing for me to do now?

Jazakallahikhair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
08-19-2010, 03:13 AM
salaam sis,

it is permissible to ask help from others, there are many examples from the quran. no a part of your good deeds arent transferred, its more like a copy is made and given to the person who helped you in due ammount. so basically a win-win.

ill let someone else answer the second part. but make sure you let the other person know youve stopped and try to get them to stop aswell, inshallah Allah wont hold you accountable for something outside your control if youve made sufficient effort.

mistyfire
08-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Jazakallah.. I am still waiting for a reply to the second question. :hmm:

Beardo
08-19-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm just going to answer the question in the thread title... It's not a matter of being Alright or not. In my opinion, I'd say it's more of a matter of need. If you really need it, then you really don't have much choice. But the more you do things yourself, the more independent you are. And if you take a service, perhaps you should try to return the favor. As the Arab proverb goes, "the man is a slave of kindness." So you really want to limit the amount of masters you have, per se. :]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
08-21-2010, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mistyfire
Assalamualaikum.

I have a few questions in my mind. I would be really grateful if you could clarify them.
I had read somewhere that a Muslim should ask help only from Allah and not his fellow beings.Its something like a part of our good deeds are transferred to the person who helps us. Is this true?
I also wanted to ask that like if someone follows a good deed we do, both of us are equally rewarded for it. Is that the same with sin? Do we get punished if someone followed some bad deed that I did. What if I have repented and stopped doing that and the other person hasn't? And if that is the case what is the best thing for me to do now?

Jazakallahikhair.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, jazakallahu khayran for your question. As humans we should ONLY ask for help of others if it is absolutley necessery. Obviousley if we need help with regards to our deen then we must go to those who know as Allah tells us in the Qur'an but when it comes to financial help or help with some other matter then we should only ask firstly our family and then close friends but ONLY if we really need to otherwise we should do whatever we can by ourself. This is because Rasulallah (Pbuh) said to the nearest meaning that if any one of you wants to keep his respect then they should not ask for anything off of anyone. That does not mean though that if you are in desperate need of help that you do not ask of others for you should if you are in dire need of assistance in anyway. But never hesitate to ask those with more knowledge if you need assistance with your deen.

In regards to doing good actions then now that if you lead someone towards a good act then you will get the same reward of that person without that persons good deed being subtracted in anyway. Therefore lead others towards doing good actions as much as you can and forbid evil at all times.

Open sinning is worse than sinning when one is alone because one may also influence others to do the same sin. OPnly Allah knows to what extent yopu may have influenced someone and he will punish accordingly. Whatever sin you may have done in the open then know that people who saw it may give account on the day of judgement for the sin they saw you do. Even nature like the trees will speak and give account of what they saw you do as well as your own body parts for the sin you did in secret. However if you have repented sincerely with remorsefulness and with the intention of never committing such act again then Allah may will forgive you inshallah. However if you have ever slandered or backbited anyone or not given someone their rights or if you have ever hurt or offended them then you must ask them for forgiveness and then ask Allah.

We must control our tongue for the tongue is one of the main reasons why many of us will end up in the fire. May Allah save us from the terrible torment which is to come. Ameen

and Allah knows best in all matters

mistyfire
08-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Jazakallahikhairankatheera. Pray that I succeed in repenting in the true sense.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!