/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Breath

Beardo
08-19-2010, 01:40 PM
How do you keep your breath fresh at least for the first half of the day, while you're at school etc?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Neelofar
08-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Use a Miswaak? :D

Vigno
08-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Asalamu Alekum

Fresh? You mean not stinky?

Ummu Sufyaan
08-19-2010, 01:51 PM
:sl:
brush it at suhoor?
don't talk to people? and if you do say, as minimal words as possible and/or breathe in (not out) when you talk?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
08-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Yes, use Siwak....and it is sunnah too...

Asiyah3
08-19-2010, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
How do you keep your breath fresh at least for the first half of the day, while you're at school etc?
Brush your teeth & use a Miswak.

kfran
08-19-2010, 03:09 PM
You can't chew gum while fasting.

tango92
08-19-2010, 03:19 PM
brush teeth at suhoor and dont sleep

i heard the bad smell comes gases due to your stomach being empty not your mouth per se,

over eat at sehri?

Abdul Wahid
08-19-2010, 03:33 PM

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace be upon him), who said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: “ Fasting is Mine and it I who give reward for it. [A man] gives up his sexual passion, his food and his drink for my sake. Fasting is like a shield, and he who fasts has two joys: a joy whin he breaks his fast and a joy when he meets his Lord. The change in the breath of the mouth of him who fasts is better in Allah’s estimation than the smell of musk.“ It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim, Malik, at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa’i and Ibn Majah).

So personally I care about what ALLAH(SWT) likes! Obviously bad breath is common so I use Miswaak throughout the day especially before salaat and after Suhoor so Alhumdulillah my breath doesn't smell as other people's. Also as the sister mentioned don't breath into people's faces if you feel your breath is bad. Like don't stand sooooo close if you want to talk to someone, or cut down on the talking. InshaALLAH it doesn't have to be such a big issue.

This might be useful:

Causes of bad breath can be broadly classified into local causes and systemic causes. Causative factors within the mouth are termed local causes. Causes due to factors or diseases of the body, such as diabetes, smoking, kidney disease and stomach upset are known as systemic causes. We will be limiting our discussion to local causes only

Local Causes: Within the human mouth there are numerous kinds of bacteria, which, as by-products, give out sulphides and ammonia which are the main causes of bad breath. Hence the amount of bacteria has to be controlled, and conditions that cause them to thrive have to be eliminated

These factors are:

1. Poor oral hygiene caused by not brushing or improper tooth brushing technique
2. A dirty tongue
3. Cavities in the teeth
4. Gum disease caused by plaque and tartar
5. Dirty dentures, false teeth and other fixed appliances in the mouth

After having identified the causes, we can now deal with how to prevent bad breath, especially while fasting.

1. Brushing one’s teeth after every meal, preferably early morning (at Sehri time)
2. Flossing one’s teeth which means cleaning between the teeth using special thread called dental floss. Use of toothpicks is not advisable for this purpose.
3. Use of a tongue or using a toothbrush to clean the tongue.
4. Use of an anti-bacterial mouthwash. A non-alcoholic mouthwash should be used as alcohol causes a dry mouth which can aggravate the problem.
5. Cavities in the teeth should be filled promptly to prevent food accumulation within them.
6. Removal of tartar on teeth by a dentist at least once every six months.
7. Drink at least 2 –3 glasses of water at Sehri time.

A bad stomach can also cause bad breath so one would have to check on his diet during the holy month to prevent a stomach upset and halitosis.

Foul-smelling mouths are offensive to other people therefore it is important to spend some time and follow the simple precautions and methods mentioned to prevent this problem.

Raudha
08-19-2010, 04:10 PM

Use a miswaak during the day. And brush your teeth AND FLOSS after sehri. That seems to work for me Alhamdulillah.

:w:

Vigno
08-19-2010, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kfran
You can't chew gum while fasting.
You can chew gum while fasting, I got this from Aalim, you can chew a gum while fasting BUT it should have no taste or sugar or anything, just like you are chewing air, and you must not do it in a place where there is people so that no one thinks bad of you.

Neelofar
08-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Oooooo someone so needs to tell me where i can get hold of chewing gum like this than Brother Vigno! :P

Vigno
08-19-2010, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Neelofar
Oooooo someone so needs to tell me where i can get hold of chewing gum like this than Brother Vigno! :P
Hehe...well that question you can ask the Aalim who said so coz that's the same I thought when he said so ^

muslimahhhh
08-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Use the minty flavour miswak...its as better as toothpaste.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!