/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Be Kind to your wives

جوري
08-21-2010, 10:00 PM
I really loved this Quote by brother Far7an:

format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
. I mean, kindly request my wife to make it tomorrow insha'Allah.

from the Ramadanyat thread, might not seem particularly profound to many, but just having respect for your significant other even when making a request is a sure way for them to do all you ask of them lovingly (I have to believe this is true) and it is heartening after reading several threads also by Muslim brothers who do little else but make a collection of mawa3ith, with which to denigrate women folk and force them to believe they are worth nothing but a lifetime of servitude ill treatment by fear or dread of what will come.

So Jazaka Allah khyran br. Far7an, you sort of restore faith to some of us that there really do exist kind, chivalrous brothers who treat their significant others as life partners, confidants and friends instead of bought slaves!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
08-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

I can't help but think I'm being referred to here in some way or another due to the recent thread. :p

Cabdullahi
08-21-2010, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I really loved this Quote by brother Far7an:

from the Ramadanyat thread, might not seem particularly profound to many, but just having respect for your significant other even when making a request is a sure way for them to do all you ask of them lovingly (I have to believe this is true) and it is heartening after reading several threads also by Muslim brothers who do little else but make a collection of mawa3ith, with which to denigrate women folk and force them to believe they are worth nothing but a lifetime of servitude ill treatment by fear or dread of what will come.

So Jazaka Allah khyran br. Far7an, you sort of restore faith to some of us that there really do exist kind, chivalrous brothers who treat their significant others as life partners, confidants and friends instead of bought slaves!

Well said...........!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Beautiful reminder , i love it

You must treat your wives kindly!

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
08-21-2010, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
Wa alaykum salam,

I can't help but think I'm being referred to here in some way or another due to the recent thread. :p
you akhi? no not you -never .. insha'Allah, may Allah swt make you steadfast on deen and an instrument to do sali7an yardah Allah.. the thread is long ago removed..

IbnAbdulHakim
08-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Muslim brothers who do little else but make a collection of mawa3ith, with which to denigrate women folk and force them to believe they are worth nothing but a lifetime of servitude ill treatment by fear or dread of what will come.

LOL whoah !

I actually felt scared reading that :uuh:

Far7an
08-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I didn't realise a thread would be created because I requested food! The sister does make a good point though, both for brothers and sisters on the importance of being kind to your spouse.

Beardo
08-22-2010, 01:19 AM
On behalf of IslamicBoard, we take the honor in awarding our dear brother Far7an with... "The Ideal Husband" Award! Not that it'd do you much good unless you're sending in resumes for a 2nd wife.

جوري
08-22-2010, 01:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
On behalf of IslamicBoard, we take the honor in awarding our dear brother Far7an with... "The Ideal Husband" Award! Not that it'd do you much good unless you're sending in resumes for a 2nd wife.
They are many ideal brothers on board married and not as there are ideal sisters (some who happen to be my best friends), I just used Br. Far7an to highlight a point using a direct quote!

stop being so jealous :lol:---j/k

Beardo
08-22-2010, 01:40 AM

They are many ideal brothers on board married and not as there are ideal sisters (some who happen to be my best friends), I just used Br. Far7an to highlight a point using a direct quote!

stop being so jealous :lol:---j/k

I have every right to be jealous. You're giving kudos to a married man who doesn't even need it. Whereas, here I am - single - with an empty resume. Nobody's ever given me an award to rub off on my potential spouses. >_<

جوري
08-22-2010, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I have every right to be jealous. You're giving kudos to a married man who doesn't even need it. Whereas, here I am - single - with an empty resume. Nobody's ever given me an award to rub off on my potential spouses. >_<
:lol: insha'Alah, Allah swt will be your witness when your time comes and you'll be happy as I hope you are now :)

Cabdullahi
08-22-2010, 01:51 AM

:lol: insha'Alah, Allah swt will be your witness when your time comes and you'll be happy as I hope you are now :)

you also never gave me a mention on here regarding what i replied to brother Farhan which is inline with the theme of 'be kind to your wives' this is messed up!

جوري
08-22-2010, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
you also never gave me a mention on here regarding what i replied to brother Farhan which is inline with the theme of 'be kind to your wives' this is messed up!
be kind to your sisters on board who are recovering from a 36 hour migraine :)

masha'Allah, you are all wonderful here, I have nothing but high praise for all my brothers and sisters here..

Vigno
08-22-2010, 06:41 AM
Asalamu Alekum

My wife is going to be treated as a Queen inshallah, we should all take example of the Prophet PBUH =)

Jazaki Allah khiir sister The Vale's lily for your complement ^

S_87
08-22-2010, 01:55 PM
for sure a man who is good to his wife is *thumbsup*

(remember that oh unamarrieds )

ابن آل مرة
08-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Where is the Be kind to yo hubbies thread...lol

S_87
08-22-2010, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed M.
Where is the Be kind to yo hubbies thread...lol
is one needed? :hiding: do many men suffer from mean wives :-\

IbnAbdulHakim
08-22-2010, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
is one needed? :hiding: do many men suffer from mean wives :-\
you'd be suprised my sister

I know of many victims of sick wives - tied in by their desire to do the right thing and love for the children - confusion towards duty towards the wife although she is doing nothing for him -

you'd be suprised

S_87
08-22-2010, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
you'd be suprised my sister

I know of many victims of sick wives - tied in by their desire to do the right thing and love for the children - confusion towards duty towards the wife although she is doing nothing for him -

you'd be suprised
on that note.

the advice and example works both for husbands and wives :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Nice thread...reminded me of what Ibn Abbas (ra) said: "I verily adorn myself for my wife the same as she adorns herself for me. Also I would not ask her to fulfill all the rights which she owes me, so that it would become binding upon me to fulfill all the rights which I owe her"

'Abd-al Latif
08-22-2010, 09:00 PM
:salamext:

You know what's funny? If I was to make a similar thread saying 'Be kind to your husbands' and wrote 'spend less, don't use your husband's money without though' I wonder how many women will reply there!

S_87
08-22-2010, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif

You know what's funny? If I was to make a similar thread saying 'Be kind to your husbands' and wrote 'spend less, don't use your husband's money without though' I wonder how many women will reply there!
without what? if the husband dont mind the wife spending his money from what he can afford then thats totally fine :hiding:

جوري
08-22-2010, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif

It wouldn't work for all the sisters who are financially independent or taking care of their husbands financially and I know quite a few of them..
but I agree that it is a two way thing and I especially loved brother Muraad's commentary..

IbnAbdulHakim
08-22-2010, 11:23 PM
^ It takes a big man to be taken care of by his wife, rizq can be bestowed upon us from many sources.

I wonder if the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam still worked under khadija after marriage?

Personally I would find it hard to sleep if my wife was providing for me.... is that wrong? but same goes for if anyone other then me was providing for me
seriously !
I think a lot of sisters feel the same...

جوري
08-23-2010, 03:25 AM
I don't think it is an issue, I know many sisters who have helped their husbands until they landed on their feet, I call it a partnership.. I don't think money is what makes a man or a woman.. and I don't like it to be used as a vantage point to make someone feel like a lesser being, whomever is providing..
as Allah swt states in Suret Al-Baqara.

Results قَوْلٌ مَعْرُوفٌ وَمَغْفِرَةٌ خَيْرٌ مِنْ صَدَقَةٍ يَتْبَعُهَا أَذًى ۗ وَاللَّهُ غَنِيٌّ حَلِيمٌ {263}
[Pickthal 2:263] A kind word with forgiveness is better than almsgiving followed by injury. Allah is Absolute, Clement.

I think it is better not to give at all than allowing someone to spend and constantly make them feel guilty about it, especially if it is a spouse, like it is a handout, when it comes to men especially it is an obligation, that is in fact the degree above that Allah swt bestowed for that purpose, then why minify this God conferred dignity and as the next verse describes '' Render not vain your almsgiving by reproach and injury'' sob7an Allah.. ones spending on ones family shouldn't even be thought of as almsgiving.. and if you are not to make the poor feel lowly with your charity, why make your spouse feel it?

my two cents..

ابن آل مرة
08-23-2010, 04:44 AM
Well said mashaAllah^^^...few days ago a brother(i call him ammu) at my masjid was talking about ole days at our masjid n how missed them. He was telling me, whenever there was a new young man at masjid, they greeted him and taught him the correct way of praying etc, and fathers and brothers let them marry their daugthers even if he wasnt fully on his feet yet.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!