/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How does a 'complete' muslim spend his/her time.

jimbo123
08-22-2010, 12:29 AM
I am trying to think of ways to spend my time more efficiently. At this point in my life especially, time is more valuable than money. Do you think this is a good way for a muslim to spend his/her life? Are there any hadiths which advise us about this?

50% (half our deen) - married life.
30% - working in our jobs
10% - self development (e.g. exercise, reading, studying, hobbies)

10% - worship <- with this one I know that anything good (like the points above), with the right intentions can count as an act of worship. Let's say that this includes worship which doesn't fall into other categories like reading Quran and praying 5 times a day. 10% does seem like a little bit of worship but praying 5 times a day and doing 1 hour tilawat probably wouldn't take up more than 10% of the day.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!