/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you do in public places where music is playing?

mistyfire
08-22-2010, 04:00 AM
Assalamualaikum.

I am confused about what one should do when music is playing in public places as music is haram. Please let me know what I should do in such cases.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
08-22-2010, 02:01 PM
:w:

get on with what im doing and ignore the music which seems to be everywhere and hard to get away from

IbnAbdulHakim
08-22-2010, 02:17 PM
So many times i've walked into a shop and walked out without noticing the slightest bit of music.

Its just automatically tuned out by my brain now.

besides I hardly go shopping or places with music :)

Hamza Asadullah
08-22-2010, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mistyfire
Assalamualaikum.

I am confused about what one should do when music is playing in public places as music is haram. Please let me know what I should do in such cases.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, a good thing to do is to always have the Qur'an being recited on your MP3/MP4 player with your earphones or even an Islamic talk on. This way you will remember Allah no matter where you are and it will also ensure that ones gaze is lowered. At the same time one will be rewarded for every letter that is recited of the Qur'an as listening to the Qur'an being recited brings the same reward as one is reciting it themself.

Ontop of that the best places to remember Allah are places which Allah is not remembered as much such as market places/shopping centres etc. So let us remember Allah wherever we are particularly in places where Allah is not remembered as much.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mistyfire
08-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Jazakallahikhair..

Danah
08-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Ignore it!
or just play something on your player like Quran/nasheed/ or even a lecture for one your favorite scholars if you want

anonymous
08-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Salaam

I read on here last week but cant find the thread now...but is qawali music haram also ? if so why ?

~Raindrop~
08-23-2010, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaam

I read on here last week but cant find the thread now...but is qawali music haram also ? if so why ?
It's not allowed. I've highlighted the reason.
format_quote Originally Posted by Ask Imam
QUESTION: I would like to know whether Qawali is allowed in Islam. I know that many of the Sufis of the past used to practice this. Is it allowed in Islam??

Answer

Qawali of the present day and age is not permissible. The Qawali that the Sufis practiced was without music and was sung regarding the praises of Allah and his Rasool (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam).

This is contrary to the Qawali sung today which is sung with music and the subject of which is against the Shariah and based on fabricated Ahadeeth and incidents. (Raddul Muhtaar, Vol. 5, Page 246, Imdaadul Fataawaa, Vol. 5, Page 286, Fataawaa Mahmoodiyah, Vol. 1, Page 156, Kifaayatul Mufti, Vol. 9, Page 182)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best
SOURCE.......

cat eyes
08-24-2010, 04:36 AM
theres nothing as bad as walking in to the city centre and listening to the most loud music.. it really does my head in. its difficult to ignore it.

the thing is you have to get on with our daily chores too so you cant really escape it either. i don't go out shopping much though. what brother hamza suggested is good thing.. have mp3 and have qur'an or some lecture playing.

~Raindrop~
08-24-2010, 05:31 AM
اللهم لا يأتي بالحسنات إلا أنت، ولا يدفع السيئات إلا أنت، ولا حول ولا قوة إلا بك

The above du'a is reported in ahadeeth, to be said whenever seeing or hearing something unpleasant or associated with evil.

anonymous
08-24-2010, 07:13 AM
One should try their best to avoid places with music and other haraam. From islamqa.com:

With regard to hearing songs and music without intending to and without listening attentively to them, such as when a person hears them in a store and so on, there is no sin on him. What is forbidden is listening, not just hearing. But he must also try to advise others against doing evil actions.
Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: As for simply hearing without intending to or listening attentively to them, such as when a person who is walking down the street hears the sound of songs coming from shops or passing cars, or when he is in his own house and hears songs coming from his neighbours’ houses without wanting to hear it, in such cases he has no control over the situation and there is no sin on him. But he should advise others and speak out against this evil with wisdom and beautiful preaching, and he should strive to avoid it as much as possible. And Allaah does not burden any person beyond his scope.

Fataawa Islamiyyah, 4/389

And Allaah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!