/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gaza Through Our Eyes

~Raindrop~
08-22-2010, 04:33 PM
:sl:

Shaykh Zahir details the epic Viva Palestina journey from Britain to Gaza. He describes the highs, lows, ebbs and flows of the journey, the immense love and emotion displayed by the general public and the obstacles created by some of the world’s most notorious police states. The lecture ends with an emotional description of the suffering of the Gazans, witnessed first hand by the members of the convoy.

Gaza Through Our Eyes...

Greatly detailed and very thought-provoking.

Extremely emotional :cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
08-22-2010, 04:45 PM
I got this on my phone , im going to listen to it, its as if your were there on the journey its self

JazakAllah khayran for posting

~Raindrop~
08-22-2010, 04:46 PM
I agree, he describes it so well. It's as though I'm standing next to them looking on.

noorseeker
08-22-2010, 04:51 PM
i thought i would like to go on a convoy, but when i heard what they went through, food, water , sanitary , i thought could i really have hacked it

im lucky Shaykh zahir mahmood lives in my area, he as suffa institue is down the road

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Raindrop~
08-22-2010, 04:54 PM
He describes that bit, when he talks about Tunisia. Wait till you hear what he has to say about it. I wish I could go :(

The next convoy is departing on 18th September inshaAllah.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum sistah

Jazakallahu Khaayran for sharing i shall check it out!

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

~Raindrop~
08-22-2010, 05:28 PM
If there's a transcript available for this talk, can someone please let me know?

piXie
08-23-2010, 11:59 AM
:sl: That was so amazing and so emotional subhan Allaah . :cry: I wish every member would listen to it. Jazak Allaah Khayr for sharing.

~Raindrop~
08-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Yea, I wish everyone would. I've never heard such a charged and passionate speech from Shaikh Zahir, and that's saying something.

btw, the 'George' that he greets in the beginning is George Galloway, who also organised the convoy. He has way more guts than most of our Muslim rulers. May Allah SWT guide him.

ourdialogue02
08-23-2010, 10:38 PM
i listened to the lecture before now, it was so beautiful it showed how the arab rulers truely are alhamdulilah theirs was not a flotilla.
imam zahir insha Allah is blessed with the gift of the gab, its just painful there too little of his speech on the internet, i really like this again because of the quality.
i fine talk.

~Raindrop~
08-24-2010, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ourdialogue02
imam zahir insha Allah is blessed with the gift of the gab
Er...I wouldn't exactly put it that way, but I know what you mean. His speeches and lectures are full of a passion which is rarely found in others.

its just painful there too little of his speech on the internet, i really like this again because of the quality.
True, they should start putting his Friday speeches up too. They're amazing.

A reminder to everyone else: Please do listen to this talk. Once you do, there's no way you won't want to help the Palestinians in any way, big or small.

ourdialogue02
08-24-2010, 07:05 AM
for years now they have being promising to put up the khutbahs on the as-suffah site but they have not done it, i contacted them some months back and they promised it will soon happen just a few setback but till now nothing, the sheikh even promised sending me all his lectures for FREE but we lost contact along the line.
Indeed i don't think the lecture opens our heart to help the palestinians alone but it MAINLY exposes the hypocrisy of the arab leaders

~Raindrop~
08-24-2010, 07:42 AM
The Institute isn't as big as you may think, maybe they were busy with other things too. I thought there was an option to contact Shaikh Zahir through the As Suffa page? :><:

I found THIS PAGE which has quite a few of the recent/most popular lectures. Hope it helps.

ourdialogue02
08-24-2010, 08:18 AM
jazakallahu kahyran sister,
i have had all these lectures for long everytime a new one is added i have it once...thanks

~Raindrop~
11-30-2010, 08:48 AM
:bump1::bump1:

Najm
11-30-2010, 09:23 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

That is one of the most passionate lecture, you will ever see. Its so emotional, and more so if you know the heartbreaking situation.

It was based on Viva Palestina 1. founded by George Galloway. And even from day 1 there was police/media attempts to cause trouble and derail the mission.

And what is the problem with the leaders of Egypt? Seems like they have beef with Gaza.

The media in uk made no coverage for the aid of over £1 million being sent to gaza where 1400 were slaughterd to death, because they chose to make coverage of a "celeb" who had terminal cancer.

Listen to the lecture my brothers and sisters!!!!

Viva Palestina 5, mission completed in October 2010....

http://www.vivapalestina.org/home.htm

FiAmaaniAllah

~Raindrop~
02-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Bump.... .......

teterouge
08-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Jazakum Allah kolla kheir

Abz2000
08-21-2011, 02:27 AM
thank you for this heartfelt speech sister, i have added a youtube link to it as i found it difficult to forward and rewind the audio:

and some inspiring nasheeds:

peace

~Raindrop~
09-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Bump................

m2p
09-23-2011, 04:03 PM
This is a great lecture if anyone can drink coco-cola let alone other israeli products after listening to this then what does say about your love for your brothers the prophet said something along the lines of "the muslim ummah is like a body whenever one part hurts the whole body hurts" if you do not feel anything for your brothers after knowing their situation then in relation to the hadith you have to ask yourself if your part of this ummah

~Raindrop~
01-18-2012, 12:12 PM
:bump1::bump1::bump1:

sis muslimah
01-19-2012, 10:46 PM
jazakallahu khair for posting this

Abz2000
01-20-2012, 04:46 AM
can buy t-shirts etc here

http://www.vivapalestina.org/home.htm

~Raindrop~
01-20-2012, 05:55 AM
Better yet, if you live in Brum or intend on making a trip into the city, be sure to visit the Viva Palestina shop on Coventry Rd. They have all sorts of things from lecture CDs, clothing (their thobes are very reasonably priced) to paintings and canvases made by people in Palestine.

And the best bit? ALL profits go to Palestine alhamdulillah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!