/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bigotry in the west

جوري
08-23-2010, 09:09 AM
I don't think I have ever turned on my TV or any news outlet even prior to '911' without encountering a barrage of tasteless attacks against Muslims.. today while having sihoor it was no different children as young as 11 shouting hateful comments about how 'they did this and they did that' 'they' meaning us Muslims. .. I don't know why it hasn't bothered me before as much as it is now. Never have I been so disgusted with a culture or a people as I am today. Half naked w hores on the streets holding signs against sharia law, they don't seem to me to have an education beyond the fifth grade yet apt at telling others in their signs 'Sharia are you stoned' Masha'Allah have such a profound education in Islamic jurisprudence and the 'fair and honest' media fuels their stupidity and hatred daily as if their bigotry and hatred could possibly reach a new summit.

They concoct stories, I don't honestly even know who is behind this 'alleged' Mosque and can't think of a sane Muslim wanting to create such a center in light of their approaching fateful September day .. I just needed this vent.. and I ask all Muslims in the holy month, to raise their hands in du3a for Justice for Muslims suffering every where and somehow made to be the culprit of a disgusting game whose end result is well contrived and orchestrated... if I didn't know it well I'd have succumbed to the seething hatred of these human devils sent against us!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
سيف الله
08-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Salaam

Is this about the hysteria about the so called 'Ground Zero Mosque'? +o(

Yeah its been pretty crazy, I've been collecting articles about it from the British papers, Ill post it up when I can. Its depressing but not really surprising. In the UK Muslims are under a lot of pressure as well (government is trying to 'help' us 'intergrate' into society).

You might find this video helpful, gives you some background.

For what its worth demonising minorities has a long history in human affairs, for example citizens feverishly speculated whether JFKwas a 'papist' when he become president. Or closer to home in Northern Ireland (UK) you have the sectarian divide between Catholics and Protestants.

جوري
08-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Yes, believe me I know how well contrived this all is by those who seek to control the masses.. I am just surprised that folks have learned nothing from history.. I was really struck by the level of seething hatred I saw on TV today and simply turned off my TV after 5 minutes of it.. this is what they fuel people with literally a decade after havoc they created upon themselves to further their agenda both domestic and abroad.. I just don't know how it is affecting other Muslims, but it has upset me greatly..

Most of the times I can stomach it, I have developed a thick skin against it, these people as Allah swt described have hearts more austere than stone, not sure why today after seeing possible thousands of them with their mob mentality just struck me as both odd and creepy for this day and age...

technology is not directly proportional to brain growth in fact I believe just the opposite.. big machines are being operated by bird brains..

سيف الله
08-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Salaam

Yeah it can be dispiriting after a while the negative stereotyping (hence the need for strong communities), but I (personally) just get used to it.

In fact it led me to question many aspects of Western societies, (eg. Is the UK is a force for good in the world? Is the media as free as it claims? Was the British empire a gift to mankind?) and the answers I found are rather revealing

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
08-23-2010, 05:46 PM
:haha: the British empire a gift to mankind?
These verses automatically come to mind when I think of the west and their despots in the middle east.

Results فِي قُلُوبِهِمْ مَرَضٌ فَزَادَهُمُ اللَّهُ مَرَضًا ۖ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ بِمَا كَانُوا يَكْذِبُونَ {10}
[Pickthal 2:10] In their hearts is a disease, and Allah increaseth their disease. A painful doom is theirs because they lie.
وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمْ لَا تُفْسِدُوا فِي الْأَرْضِ قَالُوا إِنَّمَا نَحْنُ مُصْلِحُونَ {11}
[Pickthal 2:11] And when it is said unto them: Make not mischief in the earth, they say: We are peacemakers only.
أَلَا إِنَّهُمْ هُمُ الْمُفْسِدُونَ وَلَٰكِنْ لَا يَشْعُرُونَ {12}
[Pickthal 2:12] Are not they indeed the mischief-makers? But they perceive not.

Even reading the reviews for Dr. Said's book I was struck by stupidity, rather than attacking content which is clearly unassailable, they attack his person, forgetting first and foremost that his name is Edward and not sure how much of a 'Muslim' that makes him.

I don't see any 'good' in these people.. in fact their economic achievement if I can at all call it that came from subjugating other nations and stealing their wealth.. let them mire in their corruption and hatred and paganistic religions for a life-span, may they be dam ned to hell insha'Allah..
what is upsetting me most is the state of Muslims, not what these pigs are doing.. I can't turn on my Arabic channel to find any informative programming.. they have vested interests in keeping naked w hores to placate their western masters while nations entire suffer there too it seems and from the wealth of Muslims, they feed pigs, and w hores instead of the people of Iraq/Afghanistan/ Chechnya/ Bosnia or even the indigent in their own backyard!

7asbona Allah wa'ni3ma alwakeel!

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2010, 06:04 PM
the western empire is one whole to me.

The british and american empires are just the two henchmen of the israelli empire.

and you do find the rare occasionally educated gem amongst their midst. A professor had once approached my sister to express his respect for her and our religion and how he understands that no progress would have ever come in science or civilisation without the help of our scholarly educated muslims.

But isnt that how it is everywhere? Out of a thousand you get that one decent human worth speaking with, worth reasoning with. Worth learning from.

جوري
08-23-2010, 06:23 PM
yup.. the problem is that I can't sort through crap to get to one morsel and it has become very not worth my while and I am sure this sort of marginalization and alienation of Muslims is something they are after in this whole scheme.. we should take comfort knowing that there was only a time when only Abrahaem (p) and his nephew Lut, were the only believers in a sea of bigotry, hatred and kuffr.. I just wish it were enough for me now a days..

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2010, 06:53 PM
^ there are days where I feel exactly how your feeling.

Take solace in knowing what you know. At least we aren't living in ignorance and are always trying to educate ourselves on the world, other religions and circumstances. To be honest we cant be grateful enough for that.

There are days where I fall into an idle routine of life and suddenly my sister would drop a quote on me or I would receive a text which reminds of my purpose in life, makes you realise how easy it is to get lost in the world. Its why its easy to understand where the kaafirs come from.

Vigno
08-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Asalamu Alekum

According to the facts I see everywhere, many Westerns are seeing us as weeds eating from the land that belongs to them and they can hardly hold back from taking the weed killers and spraying it all over our community. If one Muslim does something wrong, he or she is considered a threat, but non muslims can destroy all they can and yet receive mercy. So is it just religion discrimination? I say no, its Islam hatred that makes them disqualify muslims from amongst the presence of mankind, like we are a mistake that should be corrected or "modified". While "real" muslims tend to treat all fairly, most westerns can't digest muslims, we are too pure for them to accept, even though we accept them while they are too sour.
They say they seek peace, equality and unity but these are just phrases used as a veil to conceal the truth of their aspirations.
Moreover, why would they judge Islam by the action of some extremists while muslims still hold westerns with respect when many of them have done and still do a lot of shameful acts.
Questions with no answers, truths justified yet made unjustifiable and life made harder for people who chose to believe and others who chose to go astray and lead others alongside.

Rhubarb Tart
08-23-2010, 07:23 PM
:sl:

Maybe it time for you lot to look pass the media and obvious bigotry. And actually engage with non muslims that have some sense. Believe me, there are plenty.

I live small town in the uk where there are hardly any muslims or people from ethnic minorities. Yes I have seen increase in bigotry. But equally I have seen non muslims that actually help me and (and do all they can) to oppose those that are against me and others for simply being muslims.

The bigotry in the west is just as obvious to many non muslims as it is muslims. I do hear "islamicfication of Britain" alot in the radio thesedays. The recent crap I heard over the radio was about halal meat in harrow (north west london) on radio four. these losers only seem to care *cough* animal welfare when it concerns muslims. They are seriously sucking air to bash muslims.

What keeps me sane is that I know there are plenty of non muslims that see pass this obvious bigotry and some even convert to Islam. And I do wish I lived in London again because there are far more non muslims and muslims that are not bigots there!

good day!

جوري
08-23-2010, 07:26 PM
I really don't accept them anymore.. my relationship with non-Muslims is dwindling to a state of professional coldness .. I have only kept two friends, but even that at times in my mind I feel is difficult to manage if I come completely undone about my feelings...

If you want to speak of weed and stolen land, round up the handful of aboriginals and let's ask them how they feel about it!

p.s I live in the U.S not England so I don't know clearly how the situation differs or is similar..

ابن آل مرة
08-23-2010, 09:28 PM
That home of the Hereafter (i.e. Paradise), We shall assign to those who rebel not against the truth with pride and oppression in the land nor do mischief by committing crimes. And the good end is for the Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2). 28:83

And adornments of gold. Yet all this (i.e. the roofs, doors, stairs, elevators, thrones etc. of their houses) would have been nothing but an enjoyment of this world. And the Hereafter with your Lord is only for the Muttaqun. 43:53

Verily! The Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2), will be in place of Security (Paradise). 44:51

Verily, they can avail you nothing against Allah (if He wants to punish you). Verily, the Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers, etc.) are Auliya' (protectors, helpers, etc.) to one another, but Allah is the Wali (Helper, Protector, etc.) of the Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2). 45:19

And when it is said to him, "Fear Allah", he is led by arrogance to (more) crime. So enough for him is Hell, and worst indeed is that place to rest! 2:206

And from those who call themselves Christians, We took their covenant, but they have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. So We planted amongst them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection (when they discarded Allah's Book, disobeyed Allah's Messengers and His Orders and transgressed beyond bounds in Allah's disobedience); and Allah will inform them of what they used to do. 5:14

Did they then feel secure against the plan of Allah? None feels secure from the plan of Allah except the people who are the losers. 7:99

And let not their wealth or their children amaze you. Allah's plan is to punish them with these things in this world, and that their souls shall depart (die) while they are disbelievers. 9:85

And verily, those before them did devise plots, but all planning is Allah's. He knows what every person earns, and the disbelievers will know who gets the good end (final destination). 13:42

Indeed, they planned their plot, and their plot was with Allah, though their plot was not such as to remove the mountains (real mountains or the Islamic law) from their places (as it is of no importance)[Tafsir Ibn Kathir] . 14:46

جوري
08-23-2010, 09:35 PM
^^ I needed that.. Jazaka Allah khyran..
surely there is a cure for all that ails in the Quran..

sob7an Allah..

ابن آل مرة
08-24-2010, 05:23 AM
Another beautiful ayat in the Quran..wa iyyaki^^

Perhaps (often) will those who disbelieve wish that they were Muslims [those who have submitted themselves to Allah's Will in Islam Islamic Monotheism, this will be on the Day of Resurrection when they will see the disbelievers going to Hell and the Muslims going to Paradise]. 15:2

Leave them to eat and enjoy, and let them be preoccupied with (false) hope. They will come to know! 15:3

Trumble
08-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Interesting concept in this thread. The exposure of bigotry, intolerance, and stereotyping by means of bigotry, intolerance and stereotyping. Is that deliberate irony, or can you really not see that?

جوري
08-24-2010, 09:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Interesting concept in this thread. The exposure of bigotry, intolerance, and stereotyping by means of bigotry, intolerance and stereotyping. Is that deliberate irony, or can you really not see that?
How would you like it to be met? perhaps with the same hopes the american army had when entering Iraq and Afghanistan? wreaths of flowers and open arms?

Caller الداعي
08-24-2010, 10:26 AM
when i see this kinda thing on the news i reflect on this verse:

وَكَذَلِكَ جَعَلْنَا لِكُلِّ نَبِيٍّ عَدُوًّا شَيَاطِينَ الْإِنْسِ وَالْجِنِّ يُوحِي بَعْضُهُمْ إِلَى بَعْضٍ زُخْرُفَ الْقَوْلِ غُرُورًا وَلَوْ شَاءَ رَبُّكَ مَا فَعَلُوهُ فَذَرْهُمْ وَمَا يَفْتَرُونَ (112) وَلِتَصْغَى إِلَيْهِ أَفْئِدَةُ الَّذِينَ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ بِالْآخِرَةِ وَلِيَرْضَوْهُ وَلِيَقْتَرِفُوا مَا هُمْ مُقْتَرِفُونَ (113)

[6:112]
So it is that, for every prophet, We have set up enemies,__the devils of mankind and jinn__who seduce one another
with alluring rhetoric in order to deceive__Had Allah willed, they would have not done it. So, leave them alone with
what they forge__
[6:113]
__and (they seduce one another) in order that the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter may incline to it,
and that they may be well pleased with it, and so that they commit what those (seducers) are used to commit.

its amazing how Allah says "Had Allah willed, they would have not done it" Allah could have made it such that they dont demonstrate and do all they do but its not the way Allah runs the universe.
Everything has to go to plan in the world and we are tested.

جوري
08-26-2010, 01:06 AM
look what their hatred and bigotry breeds.. that is what they want 'freedom of speech for' to mobilize a mob.
NYC Cabdriver Stabbed After Telling Passenger He Was Muslim, Police Say

By Joshua Rhett Miller
Published August 25, 2010
| FoxNews.com

Michael Enright, inset, is accused of attempted murder as a hate crime in the stabbing of Ahmed Sharif, a New York City taxi driver.

A New York City cabdriver is hospitalized in stable condition after being stabbed by a passenger who allegedly asked him if he was Muslim, police said.
Michael Enright, 21, of Brewster, N.Y., faces charges of attempted murder as a hate crime, first-degree assault, aggravated harassment and criminal possession of a weapon in the attack, NYPD sources told FoxNews.com.
Enright allegedly hailed a cab in Manhattan at about 6:15 p.m. on Tuesday and, once inside the vehicle, asked Ahmed Sharif, 43, if he was a Muslim. When Sharif confirmed that he was, Enright brandished a knife and slashed him in the throat, arm and lip, police said. Enright is believed to have been heavily intoxicated at the time, sources said.
Sharif remained in stable condition at Bellevue Hospital on Wednesday. He plans to attend a press conference at the site of the alleged attack on Thursday calling for an end to anti-Islamic sentiment surrounding the ongoing debate over the Islamic center that is slated to be built near Ground Zero.
"I feel very sad," Sharif said in a statement released by the New York Taxi Workers Alliance. "I have been here more than 25 years. I have been driving a taxi more than 15 years. All my four kids were born here. I never feel this hopeless and insecure before."

Sharif's statement continued, "Right now, the public sentiment is very serious (because of the Ground Zero Mosque debate.) All drivers should be more careful."
Police sources told FoxNews.com that there is no indication the incident is connected to the Islamic center near Ground Zero.
A non-profit organization called Intersections International, which bills itself on its website as a New York-based initiative to promote "justice, reconciliation and peace" across all faiths, released a statement that Enright is not an employee following reports linking him to the organization. Just weeks ago, Intersections International endorsed the construction of an Islamic center near Ground Zero.
"There is a person who fits the description of the alleged perpetrator who has worked with us as a volunteer, but until we get further confirmation of the details in this incident, we cannot comment," the statement read. "Our hearts go out to the cab driver, his family and any person who has dealt with such unacceptable violence."
Enright was awaiting arraignment as of Wednesday afternoon. His father declined comment when contacted by FoxNews.com late Wednesday.
According to Sharif's statement, Enright was friendly when he entered the cab, asking where Sharif was from, how long he had been in America, if he was Muslim and if he was planning to fast during Ramadan.
Then, after yelling "Assalami Alakium, consider this a checkpoint," according to the driver's statement, Enright slashed Sharif across the neck.
Bhairavi Desai, executive director of the New York Taxi Workers Alliance, called New York Gov. David Paterson to sign the Taxi Driver Protection Act, which was passed by the state legislature in June. The measure increases penalties on crimes against taxi drivers and requires a sign in all taxis warning that assaulting a driver is punishable by up to 25 years in prison.
"While a minority of has-been politicians spew ignorance and fear, it's the working person on the street who has to face the consequences," Desai said. "This kind of bigotry only breeds more violence and makes taxi drivers all the more vulnerable on the streets where there are no bully pulpits or podiums to hide behind."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/25...est=latestnews

ابن آل مرة
08-26-2010, 04:32 AM
May Allah give shafa to that brother and give him patience, and may Allah curse that pig who attacked the brother in this duniya and punish him with the most severe punishment in hereaftter! Ameen

جوري
08-26-2010, 02:17 PM
ameen ya rabb

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!