/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tafsirs regarding Jesus (PBUH) crucifxion

Predator
08-23-2010, 02:59 PM
I found this question on another site

The tafsir of Ibn Khatir and Ibn Abbas states someone had volunteered to take Jesus' place and the likeness was put on him

Ibn khatir's Tafsir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC9IrkMulyE

From the Tafsirs.
(And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger) Allah destroyed their man Tatianos. (They slew him not nor crucified, but it appeared so unto them) Allah made Tatianos look like Jesus and so they killed him instead of him; (and lo! those who disagree concerning it) concerning his killing (are in doubt thereof) in doubt about his killing; (they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture) not even conjecture; (they slew him not for certain) i.e. certainly they did not kill him. [Sura 4 aya 157 ; ibn Abbas]
This contradicts with another commentator Al-Jalalayn who confirms that the likeness of Jesus was cast onto the one who schemed to kill him

God says: And they, the disbelievers among the Children of Israel, schemed, against Jesus, by assigning someone to assassinate him; and God schemed, by casting the likeness of Jesus onto the person who intended to kill him, and so they killed him, while Jesus was raised up into heaven; and God is the best of schemers, most knowledgeable of him [Jesus]. [tafsir Al Jalalayn Sura 3 aya 54]

The tafsir is also supported by Barnabas gospel which says the likeness of Jesus was cast onto Judas who had schemed to kill him and not the one who volunteered to take his place . Judas knew full well that Jesus was a prophet of God, still, he conspired to kill him and Romans and Jews, who had long since been conspiring to kill Jesus, killed Judas, who looked like Jesus as shown from the below chapters and video clip

Chapter 215
When the soldiers with Judas drew near to the place where Jesus was, Jesus heard the approach of many people, wherefore in fear he withdrew into the house. And the eleven were sleeping. Then God, seeing the danger of his servant, commanded Gabriel;, Michael;, Rafael;, and Uriel;, his ministers, to take Jesus out of the world. The holy angels came and took Jesus out by the window that looks toward the South;. They bare him and placed him in the third heaven in the company of angels blessing God for evermore.

Chapter 216
Judas entered impetuously before all into the chamber whence Jesus had been taken up. And the disciples were sleeping. Whereupon the wonderful God acted wonderfully, insomuch that Judas was so changed in speech and in face to be like Jesus that we believed him to be Jesus. And he, having awakened us, was seeking where the Master was. Whereupon we marvelled, and answered: 'You, Lord, are our master; have you now forgotten us?'
And he, smiling, said: 'Now are you foolish, that know not me to be Judas Iscariot!' And as he was saying this the soldiery entered, and laid their hands upon Judas, because he was in every way like to Jesus. We having heard Judas' saying, and seeing the multitude of soldiers, fled as beside ourselves. And John, who was wrapped in a linen cloth, awoke and fled, and when a soldier seized him by the linen cloth he left the linen cloth and fled naked. For God heard the prayer of Jesus, and saved the eleven from evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWn0_...eature=related

So who was put on the cross - Tatianos the one who volunteered or Judas who tried to kill him ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malik719
12-03-2015, 01:20 AM
Salaamallaykum,
This here I have from a website about Jesus in Islam I found and about your question about crucification, it's from Tafsir Nooruddin I believe.

muslimjesus.org/jews-planned-to-crucify-jesus/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!