/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can i find the nisab level of previous years?

innocent
08-23-2010, 04:40 PM
I had a savings account started many years ago and have never paid zakat on it due to lack of knowledge. Now I am taking all that money and paying the zakat out of it so i need to find out what the nisab level was in 2000.
Also what was the islamic date in July 2000?
I would appreciate any help.
Jazakallah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
08-24-2010, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
I had a savings account started many years ago and have never paid zakat on it due to lack of knowledge. Now I am taking all that money and paying the zakat out of it so i need to find out what the nisab level was in 2000.
Also what was the islamic date in July 2000?
I would appreciate any help.
Jazakallah khair
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, here are the past nisab values:

http://www.muis.gov.sg/cms/services/...&LangType=1033

The Islamic date in the year 2000 was 1420 AH

Please remember me in your dua's.

And Allah knows best in all matters

innocent
08-25-2010, 03:44 PM
JazakAllah khair brother. I see these are in US. Is it the same in UK can I just convert into £ or would it be a different amount for UK?
Also what was the islamic month in July 2000?
I got a LOT of working out to do. :-\

innocent
08-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Also do I have to pay it according to the islamic date year or can I just pay for a normal year? I'm so confused.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
08-25-2010, 04:45 PM
JazakAllah khair brother. I see these are in US. Is it the same in UK can I just convert into £ or would it be a different amount for UK?
Also what was the islamic month in July 2000?
I got a LOT of working out to do. :-\
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, you can convert the currency to UK pounds. The 1st of July 2000 was the 28th of Rabi al Awwal 1421 AH.

Hamza Asadullah
08-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Also do I have to pay it according to the islamic date year or can I just pay for a normal year? I'm so confused.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, it is easier to pay it from Ramadan to Ramadan but i have found a highly qualified scholar (Mufti) for you to contact regarding your issue on Zakat and he works for the Muslim charity Muslim hands and he is available for you to contact tomorrow (Thursday) at 10:30 onwards. He will be more than happy to answer any questions you have regarding the calculation of past and present Zakat.

Anyone from the UK can also call for scholarly advice on the issue of Zakaat on: 0115 911 7222

If you are calling from outside the UK please dial +44 115 911 7222, where + is your country's international direct dial (IDD) prefix.

You can also E mail any quesries to them by visiting this page: http://<br /> <br /> http://www.mu...mh/contact_us/

Inshallah your matter will be resolved. Please remember me in your dua's. Asalaamu Alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!