/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic translation

Alpha Dude
08-23-2010, 10:35 PM
:sl:

Can somebody tell me what the following means please: Lillahi ma a'taa wa lahu ma Akhaza wa kullu shayin indahu ilaa ajalim-Musamma?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Raindrop~
08-23-2010, 10:48 PM
To Allah belongs what He has given, and whatever He takes belongs to Him. And everything is with him until a fixed time.

Maybe someone can come up with a better one :hmm:

Alpha Dude
08-23-2010, 10:51 PM
JazakAllah Khayr. I think your translation's pretty accurate given the context in which this was said.

Soulja Girl
08-23-2010, 11:27 PM

Erm, ain't that said when someone passes away or somefin? :><:

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
08-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Is it an ayat of the Quraan?

أحمد
08-23-2010, 11:32 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
Its a reported narration in Bukhari and various other Hadeeth sources.

Soulja Girl
08-24-2010, 03:21 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
^Nope.. It's part of a hadith in Riyadus Saliheen (In Bukhari & Muslim too) narrated by Usamah bin Zaid.. Exact words are: "lillahi ta3ala ma akhadha wa lahu ma a3ta, wa kullu shayin 3indahu bi ajalim musamma.." :)

~Raindrop~
08-24-2010, 03:34 AM
JazakiAllah Khayran for that- I thought it sounded a little too familiar :><:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!