/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Attitude towards fitnah

Amat Allah
08-24-2010, 12:15 PM

Attitude towards fitnah

Praise be to Allaah.

There is a certain attitude which the Muslim should adopt towards fitnah to
that this fitnah will not have a negative effect on him, and so that he will not have a negative effect on the Muslim community.

This attitude includes the following:

(a) Deliberation, gentleness, forbearance and not being hasty

Deliberation, gentleness and forbearance at times
of tribulation and upheaval are praiseworthy traits,
because they enable the Muslim to see things as they really are
and to understand what is going on.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“There is no gentleness in a thing but it adorns it,
and the absence of gentleness in anything makes it ugly.”

Narrated by Muslim, 4698.

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Ashajj ‘Abdul Qays:
“You have two characteristics which Allaah loves, forbearance and deliberation.”

Narrated by Muslim, 24.

So we must all be gentle in our thinking and attitudes,
and with regard to all events that occur, and we should not be hasty,
because that is not the way of the Muslim ummah, especially at times of fitnah.

(b) – Sabr (patience)

We need a great deal of patience, especially at times of fitnah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives
and fruits, but give glad tidings to As- Saabiroon (the patient).
Who, when afflicted with calamity, say:
“Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.”

They are those on whom are the Salawaat (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven)
from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy,
and it is they who are the guided ones”

[al-Baqarah 2:155-157]

It was narrated from Abu Tha’labah al-Khushani that the Prophet
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“After you there will come the days of patience (i.e., days which require patience).
Patience during those (days) will be like grasping a live coal.
During those (days) the reward for the one who adheres to the commands of Allaah
will be equivalent to the reward of fifty men who did an action like his.”
He said, “O Messenger of Allaah, the reward of fifty of them?”
He said, “The reward of fifty of you.”

Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4341; Ibn Maajah, 4014. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Saheehah, 494.

With patience, the difference between those who are determined and confident
and those who are cowardly and weak becomes apparent.
Hence the righteous salaf understood the importance
of patience at times of tribulation and new developments.

There follow some examples from their life stories:

When the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them)
were being persecuted and tested at the beginning of Islam in Makkah,
the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
would pass by them and remind them to be patient.
When he passed by the family of Yaasir he would say:
“Patience, O family of Yaasir, for you are promised Paradise.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Takhreej Fiqh al-Seerah, p. 103.

It was narrated that al-Zubayr ibn ‘Adiyy said:
We came to Anas ibn Maalik and complained to him
about what we were suffering from al-Hajjaaj.
He said: “Be patient, for there never comes to you a time
but what follows it is worse, until you meet your Lord.
I heard this from your Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7068.

Al-Mustawrid al-Qurashi said to ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas:
“I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
say: ‘The Hour will begin when the Romans are the greatest people in number.’”
‘Amr said, “Watch what you say!”

He said, “I am saying what I heard from the Messenger of Allaah
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” He said, “If you say that, it is a fact,
for they have four qualities. They are the most patient of people at times of tribulation;
they recover quickly from calamity; they are quick to recover and attack again after defeat;
and they are good to the poor, orphans and the weak.
And a fifth good quality that they have is that they resist the oppression of kings.”

Narrated by Muslim, 2889.

Al-Nu’maan ibn Basheer said:

“If there is nothing left in the world but trials and tribulation
, then face the trials with patience.”

When the imam of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah,
Ahmad ibn Hanbal, faced the overwhelming fitnah
of those who said that the Qur’aan was created,
during the reigns of al-Mu’moon, al-Mu’tasim and al-Waathiq,
when he was subjected to lengthy imprisonment and severe beatings,
he bore that with patience and adhered to his religion, the straight path,
until Allaah granted him victory and relieved him of that distress.

(c) Justice and fairness in all things

One of the strongest causes of differences among people,
especially at times of fitnah, is the lack of justice and fairness.
If the Muslim strives to become fair to himself and to other people,
then many of the problems that arise among Muslims,
whether on the individual or communal level, will be solved, in sha Allah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whenever you give your word
(i.e. judge between men or give evidence), say the truth”

[al-An’aam 6:152]

“and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice.
Be just: that is nearer to piety”

[al-Maa’idah 5:8]

So it is essential to be just in our words and deeds,
especially at times of fitnah, in the sense that we should
examine each matter and note its good and bad aspects,
weigh them up, and then pass judgement,
because examining matters thoroughly will protect the Muslim
from attributing to Islam things that are not in accordance with the commands of Allaah.
So your justice and fairness at the time of fitnah will save you, in sha Allah.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

I urge you, my brothers, to be just and balanced in all things,
to look at all issues surrounding any given matter,
to find out the more correct ruling concerning it,
and to judge all matters in the same way.
This is an important principle which the wise man must follow
in his relationship with Allaah and in his relationship
with other people, to be fair, for Allaah loves those who are fair.

There follow some examples from the lives of our righteous forebears (the salaf) of their keenness to be just and fair:

Muslim (1828) narrated that ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Shimaasah said:
I came to ‘Aa’ishah and asked her about something, and she said,
“Where are you from?” I said, “I am from Egypt.”
She said, “What was the behaviour of your governor towards you in this war of yours?”
I said: “We did not experience anything bad from him.
If the camel of one of our men died, he would give him another camel.
If any one of us lost his slave, he would give him another slave.
If anybody was in need of the basic necessities of life,
he would provide them with provisions.
” She said: “The treatment that was meted out to my brother,
Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr, does not prevent me from telling you
what I heard from the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
He said in this house of mine: ‘O Allaah, whoever gains some kind
of control over the affairs of my people and is hard upon them,
be hard upon him, and whoever gains some kind of control over
the affairs of my people and is kind to them, be kind to him.’”

Al-Nawawi said, commenting on this hadeeth:

This indicates that we should mention the virtues of good people,
and not refrain from doing so because we dislike them etc.
They differed concerning the way in which this Muhammad was killed.
It was said that he was killed in battle, and that he was killed as a prisoner of war after the battle…

The governor in question here was
Mu’aawiyah ibn Hudayj who killed Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr.

Al-Siyar, 3/38.

And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13403

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sirajstc
10-03-2010, 02:22 PM
:) :statisfie

M.I.A.
10-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Al-Mustawrid al-Qurashi said to ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas:
“I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
say: ‘The Hour will begin when the Romans are the greatest people in number.’”
‘Amr said, “Watch what you say!”

He said, “I am saying what I heard from the Messenger of Allaah
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” He said, “If you say that, it is a fact,
for they have four qualities. They are the most patient of people at times of tribulation;
they recover quickly from calamity; they are quick to recover and attack again after defeat;
and they are good to the poor, orphans and the weak.
And a fifth good quality that they have is that they resist the oppression of kings.”

yeah doesnt this go against what it says in the quran

Amat Allah
10-03-2010, 08:25 PM
would you please be clear my respected brother and explain for me?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
10-04-2010, 04:40 PM
sorry that was a bit talk first and then used my brain,
i dont know exactly where but doesnt it say that the knowlege of judgement day is with allah. im not sure of the full verse and the context but im reading through the quran again so il probably post the ayah when i find it.
also i understand that Al-Bukhaari is a respected source so i feel bad for speeking out of turn, im still quite new to this.

syed_z
10-04-2010, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
sorry that was a bit talk first and then used my brain,
i dont know exactly where but doesnt it say that the knowlege of judgement day is with allah. im not sure of the full verse and the context but im reading through the quran again so il probably post the ayah when i find it.
also i understand that Al-Bukhaari is a respected source so i feel bad for speeking out of turn, im still quite new to this.

actually what is said is correct. Europe (Romans as pointing in Hadith) was in Dark Ages. But when Secular revolutions took place throughout Europe and Europe transformed from being Christians to Modern Secular, the Europeans began to get more rights which they never enjoyed under the Pope's authority and the Kings. And so we can clearly see that Europe became more civilized and came out of dark ages after their Separation of Church and State.

And so with Freedom of rights also came prosperity and scientific progress. That is why in Europe their disaster managements controlled by the States are efficient and their police and justice system is fast, their people protest against their governments (Even though the governments act like they are under pressure), yet they are not stopped from protesting. They speak out in rallies against the policies of their governments and leaders and they do not stop.

There are even animal rights, which they enforce whenever they think necessary. They have old homes, orphanages and High School with free education for all students, no matter whichever class you come from. All of this compared to Our Muslim world (The modern Muslim countries i.e specifically after the abolishment of Ottoman Caliphate) is much better.

So the Hadith perfectly makes sense, if you compare the Modern Europe with Europe of yesterday, the one which was living in Dark Ages.

Last but not least, this Hadith is quoted by Imam Ibn Kathir in his Signs of the end times book. And so this also shows we have entered the end of times.

M.I.A.
10-04-2010, 08:27 PM
somebody from jamat came to my front door and he said that allah swt will not destroy the earth if there is even one muslim that remembers allah swt on the earth.

i remember somebody else telling me that even if all the signs of judgement day had passed, allah swt could prolong that last moment until he saw fit.

also in the quran it says that those that are not afraid of judgement day or hasten towards it are not very good... thats really badly paraphrased but it says something along those lines.

i dont question your answer though as it all makes sense historically, my only concern is that it was atribbuted to the prophet peace and blessings be upon him, and i only know parts of what was said in the quran never mind the hadith.

so forgive me.

Amat Allah
10-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Its ok my respecetd brother M.I.A , you done nothing wrong to me Alhamdulillah... we all still learning in this world , none is perfect and none has all the knowledge of the seen and unseen but Allah...

my noble brother it is ok to ask and clear the misunderstanding and learn more about the deen... you done nothing wrong and I am happy that you asked instead of being confused and silent...

try to read about the houre and its signs and also the Tafseer of the Qur`aan in shaa Allah and you will understand and if you stopped with anything please ask and we will try our best to help a dear and precious brother of ours in shaa Allah...

whenever anybody say anything about the deen go and search in Qur`aan and Sunnah or ask a trustworthy scholar in shaa Allah and if not being able to do so, ask your brothers and sisters here and it would be our pleasure in shaa Allah to help you out and increase our knowledge at the same time...never hesitate and never shy we are brothers and sisters and we are all like one body supporting each other ...

May Allah love you and reward you with the best always and for ever and may Allah fill your heart with Qur`aan, Sunnah ,their knowledge, His rememberance, the endless Taqwa Imaan peace comfort happiness and satisfaction in this dunya and Akhirah and all the Ummah Ameeeeeeeeeeen

leaving you under Allah`s sight care and protection Ameeen

Amat Allah
10-04-2010, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
actually what is said is correct. Europe (Romans as pointing in Hadith) was in Dark Ages. But when Secular revolutions took place throughout Europe and Europe transformed from being Christians to Modern Secular, the Europeans began to get more rights which they never enjoyed under the Pope's authority and the Kings. And so we can clearly see that Europe became more civilized and came out of dark ages after their Separation of Church and State.

And so with Freedom of rights also came prosperity and scientific progress. That is why in Europe their disaster managements controlled by the States are efficient and their police and justice system is fast, their people protest against their governments (Even though the governments act like they are under pressure), yet they are not stopped from protesting. They speak out in rallies against the policies of their governments and leaders and they do not stop.

There are even animal rights, which they enforce whenever they think necessary. They have old homes, orphanages and High School with free education for all students, no matter whichever class you come from. All of this compared to Our Muslim world (The modern Muslim countries i.e specifically after the abolishment of Ottoman Caliphate) is much better.

So the Hadith perfectly makes sense, if you compare the Modern Europe with Europe of yesterday, the one which was living in Dark Ages.

Last but not least, this Hadith is quoted by Imam Ibn Kathir in his Signs of the end times book. And so this also shows we have entered the end of times.

Jazakum Allahu khayran Wa Baraka Allahu feekum ,May Allah reward you with the best always and for ever my respected brother Ameeeeen you made it clear for all of us not only our noble brother in shaa Allah May Allah make you pass the Seraat in a blink of an eye and enter the highest level of Al Firdaws with out being reckoning and all the Ummah Ameeeeen

I was replying and answering then a message came ...the answer of our brother Syed_z May Allah bless him Ameen

syed_z
10-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Asalaam O Alaikum brother...

In Islam, there is a difference between the Last Day and the Last Age. Muhammad (Saw) prophesied about the Last Age , and gave signs so that Muslims would be able to locate them when they see those signs and should start preparing so that they are not engulfed by the Trials and Tribulations and wickedness that would befall the people of Earth including Muslims.

Like for example this Hadith ... (I will be quoting from Imam Ibn Kathir's book)

A man asked The Messenger of Allah (saw) "When will the Hour be established?" Allah's Messenger replied "The answerer does not know more than the questioner. But i will inform you about its portents:

(1) When a slave (Lady) gives birth to her master (and mistress in some narrations)

(2) When the shepherds of black camels start boasting and competing with others in construction of higher buildings.

(Sahih Muslim)

Now when Prophet was asked about the Hour i.e Judgment Day will take place, his answer was What Allah (swt) has said in the Quran... Surah Luqman Last Verse

(31:34) Surely Allah alone has the knowledge of the Hour.

so it is only Allah (swt) who knows when the Day of Judgment will take place. But when Prophet said.. But i will inform you about its Portents.....meaning Messenger (Saw) would give us signs so we can locate them, and this way we would know that the Last Age has come and soon Last day is around the corner.

i remember somebody else telling me that even if all the signs of judgement day had passed, allah swt could prolong that last moment until he saw fit.

This is about Imam Al Mahdi (a.s). The Hadith is about Prophet Muhammad (saw) informing the Ummah that the Last Hour i.e The End of this World will not take place until a man from His Ahle Bayt (house hold) has ruled over the Ummah. Read this..

Abu Daawood reported a Hadeeth from Abd Allaah ibn Masood: "The Prophet (sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said, "If there were only one day left for the world, that day would be lengthened until a man from among my descendants or from among the people of my household, was sent; his name will be the same as my name, and his fathers name will be the same as my fathers name. He will fill the earth with justice and fairness, just as it will have been filled with injustice and oppression. The world will not end until a man of my household, whose name is the same as mine, holds sway." (Kitab Al Mahdi, Abu Daud)

also in the quran it says that those that are not afraid of judgement day or hasten towards it are not very good... thats really badly paraphrased but it says something along those lines.

I think its this Verse of Quran, in which Allah (swt) emphasizes His Mercy to mankind....please do correct me if i am wrong.

(10:11) Were Allah to hasten to bring upon men (the consequence of) evil in the way men hasten in seeking the wealth of this world, their term would have long since expired. (But that is not Our way.) So We leave alone those who do not expect to meet Us that they may blindly stumble in their transgression.

So Allah (swt) makes mankind realize that His giving time to them, is to make them consider their options which they have chosen which will make them end in worst place in the Hereafter. And So Allah (swt) also warns elsewhere in Quran several places, that do not challenge the Prophet and ask for the hastening of the Day of Judgment, because if it really comes, then you would have NO option to go back and make other choices, nor would you have time to repent.

Salaam... :)

syed_z
10-04-2010, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
Jazakum Allahu khayran Wa Baraka Allahu feekum ,May Allah reward you with the best always and for ever my respected brother Ameeeeen you made it clear for all of us not only our noble brother in shaa Allah May Allah make you pass the Seraat in a blink of an eye and enter the highest level of Al Firdaws with out being reckoning and all the Ummah Ameeeeen

Woah ... Sister... that was a Very Great Dua... :embarrass i am definitely not worthy of that!!

May Allah (swt) give you the Best place ever in the Hereafter and all those here :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!