/* */

PDA

View Full Version : intention for fasting

muslimgirl12
08-24-2010, 06:06 PM
salaam

does swalling tears or your own saliva break the fasts

and also it says that if yu dont make the intentioneveryday to fast then your fast is not counted - is this thorugh - i plan to fast the whole of ramadan insah allah but i never make intention everyday - Allah already knows your intentions???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
08-24-2010, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimgirl12
salaam

does swalling tears or your own saliva break the fasts

and also it says that if yu dont make the intentioneveryday to fast then your fast is not counted - is this thorugh - i plan to fast the whole of ramadan insah allah but i never make intention everyday - Allah already knows your intentions???
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, as long as you do not intentionally swallow your tears or saliva then it's fine. Intention is from one's heart so if you intended to fast in your heart then that will suffice, however it is Sunnah and rewarding to recite the dua of intention to fast:

Dua for opening fast:

Wabi sawmi ghadinavaythu minn shahri Ramadaan

I intend to keep a fast today for the month of Ramadan

To break fast:

Allahumma laka sumtu wa `alaa rizqika aftartu

O Allah! For You have I fasted and upon Your sustenance have I broken my fast. [Abu Dawud]

And Allah knows best in all matters

'Abd Al-Maajid
08-24-2010, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Allahumma laka sumtu wa `alaa rizqika aftartu

O Allah! For You have I fasted and upon Your sustenance have I broken my fast. [Abu Dawud]
I have heard that the hadeeth of supplication to break fast is with the above dua is dhaif...Please correct me if I am wrong...

Hamza Asadullah
08-24-2010, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid

I have heard that the hadeeth of supplication to break fast is with the above dua is dhaif...Please correct me if I am wrong...
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Rasulullah [Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam] mentioned that the du'aa of a fasting person at the time of Iftaar is not rejected. (al-Targhib)

and Allah knows best in all matters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
08-25-2010, 03:28 AM
Yeah, but that applies to the duas a person makes just before breaking his/her fast...i.e. it doesn't apply to a particular dua to break fast.

Hamza Asadullah
08-25-2010, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
Yeah, but that applies to the duas a person makes just before breaking his/her fast...i.e. it doesn't apply to a particular dua to break fast.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, any dua before fast is accepted and so one should make as much dua as possible just before breaking one's fast. It is not necessery to recite a particular dua before opening or breaking one's fast although it is a Sunnah. There are a few established dua's one can recite just before breaking one's fast and another is:

‘Umar may Allaah be pleased with him said: The Messenger of Allaah Mohammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ).(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say when breaking his fast: “Dhahaba al-zama’ wa abtalat al-‘urooq wa thabata al-ajr in sha Allaah (Thirst is gone, the veins are moistened and the reward is certain if Allaah wills).”

Which was also narrated by Abu Dawood and the one i mentioned in my first post is also an established and generally accepted dua to recite before breaking one's fast. It was Al-Albani's opinion that it was daeef but that was his position and differences of opinion on these matters are accepted but it is found in the books of hadith in Abu Dawud. As long as one does not think of it as compulsory to recite a dua before opening or breaking fast othen it is fine to recite these dua's with the intention of fulfilling a Sunnah act.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!