/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sick lost and confuse. Please help

lmaestro
08-26-2010, 08:35 AM
I've been sick for the past 4 years with continous dizziness and fatigue and have been to numerous doctors but couldn't find a proper diagnosis. Are there any specific duas or surahs in the quran then I can read to remedy this problem inshallah. I've aslo been to traditional islamic doctors to rule out the possiblities of Jinn or shaytan possesion. Nonetheless I'm still having this problem and no it's not a mental or physicological thing or anxiety or depression. I really feel there's is something wrong with my body and have no idea what to do as nobody can give me an explanation. Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
08-26-2010, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lmaestro
I've been sick for the past 4 years with continous dizziness and fatigue and have been to numerous doctors but couldn't find a proper diagnosis. Are there any specific duas or surahs in the quran then I can read to remedy this problem inshallah. I've aslo been to traditional islamic doctors to rule out the possiblities of Jinn or shaytan possesion. Nonetheless I'm still having this problem and no it's not a mental or physicological thing or anxiety or depression. I really feel there's is something wrong with my body and have no idea what to do as nobody can give me an explanation. Thank you
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, jazakallahu khayran for sharing this with us. My brother there are many of us who have diseases, ailments etc and doctors do not really know the cause for i myself know quite a few people this is happening to but the simple fact is that it is a test. Allah only tests those who he wants closest to him so this is truly a blessing in disguise.

He wants good for you so he is testing you with this illness and all that is required from you is patience and accepting the decree of Allah without question. Therefore you must never ask Allah "why"? but you must accept that he is wanting good for you and is wanting you closer to him and that is why he is testing you. If only you knew how lucky you were because Allah gives the greatest tests to the best people.

The rewards of patience through great trials cannot be gained by normal good deeds so therefore know that you are gaining huge rewards for being patient. It may be that a person who was patient through a test will face Allah on the day of judgement with little or not sin because trials and tests are an expiation of sin.

Ask of Allah to help you be patient through this and ask of him to forgive you and help you to become closer to him. Ask of him to do what is best for you butn never question him as to why he is doing this for you for he is wanting good for you and whatever he decrees cannot be questioned for we know not and Allah knows everything.

So make the best of this Ramadan and do as much ibadah and dua as you can. Know that you are being rewarded for being patient and that Allah is there for you and is wanting you to be closer to him so take this opportunity as not many have it.

So my brother continue to be patient and know that Allah is with those who are patient and the reward of patience is Paradise!

Please remember me in your dua's

Here are various dua's for you to recite:

Dua’s for difficulties, hardships and grief

When Rasulallah(Pbuh) experienced any difficulties then he read the following dua:

Alhamdulillaahilladhee bini’imathihee thathimmuswaali haath

“All praise is due to Allah by whose grace good things reach their end”.

Also the following dua:

Allaahumma laa sahla 'illaa maal ja'altahu sahlan wa 'Anta taj'alul-hazna 'ithaa shi'ta sahlan.

O Allah, there is no ease other than what You make easy. If You please You ease sorrow.
(Ibn Hibban in his Sahih (no. 2427) and Ibn As- Sunni (no. 351)

Hasbunallaahu wa ni’imal wakeel

"Allah is sufficient for us and He is the Best Guardian". (Quran, Surah Al-Imraan)

Allaahu Allaahu rabbee laa ushriku bihee shay aa

"Allah is my Lord, I do not ascribe anything unto Him". (Hisnul Hasin from Abu Dawood)

Yaa hayyu yaa Qayyoomu birahmathika ashagheeth

"O Alive and everlasting One, I beseech You by Your mercy". (Mustadrak Hakim)

Laa ilaaha illa antha Subhaanaka innee kunthu minadhaalimeen

"O Allah, there is none worthy of worship besides You. You are Pure, definitely I have
oppressed my soul by sinning".

The Qur'an states that these words were recited when Yunus (A.S.) called upon Allah from
the belly of the fish. Prophet Mohammad(Pbuh) stated in a hadith that when any Muslim makes
this dua via these words to Allah, then Allah surely accepts his duas. (Tirmidhi etc)

It is stated in a hadith that:

La hawla walaa Quwatha illah billah

Is the medicine for 99 ailments, the least of which is depression. (Baihaqi in Dawatul
Kubra)

It means that these words are so beneficial and useful that big/great grievances, depression
and sorrow are easily removed in its stride.

Abdullah bin Abbas (RA) narrates that Prophet Mohammad(Pbuh) stated that if a person constantly makes "Astaghfar", then Allah removes every difficulty, frees him from every sorrow and makes a means for him to receive sustenance from places that he never thought of. (Mishkat from Ahmad)

When Rasulallah(Pbuh) was in a difficult situation: then he would say:

Alhamdulillaahi ‘alaa kulli haal

“Praise be to Allah in all circumstances”. (Hakim)

Dua for any anguish experienced

Laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta subhaanaka 'innee kuntu minadh-dhaalimeen .

There is none worthy of worship but You, glory is to You. Surely, I was among the
wrongdoers. (At-Tirmidhi 5/529)

When Rasulallah(Pbuh) had any worries he read the following:

Allaahu Allaahu rabbee laa ushriku bihee shay aa

“Verily Allah is my Rabb, I do not ascribe any partner unto him.”

At the time of grief: Rasulallah(Pbuh) took his beard in his hands and looked at it. (Shirazi)

When any hardship befell on Rasulallah(Pbuh) he used to lift his head to the sky and
say:

Subhaanallaahil Adheem

“Purity belongs to Allah”. (Tirmidhi)

If anger overcame Rasulallah(Pbuh) : whilst he was standing then he would sit down and
if anger overcame him whilst sitting then he used to lie down (In order that the anger
subsided). (Ibn Abiddunya)

Worldly loss: would never anger Rasulallah(Pbuh) but if there was anything said or done
against the Shari’at then it would anger him greatly.

When tragedy strikes then say:

'Innaa lillaahi wa 'innaa 'ilayhi raaji'oon, Allaahumma'-jurni fee museebatee wa 'akhliflee
khayran minhaa.

We are from Allah and unto Him we return. O Allah take me out of my plight and bring to me
after it something better. (Muslim 2/632)

Snowflake
08-26-2010, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lmaestro
Assalamu alaykum brother, May Allah grant you a speedy recovery and good health. Ameen

To add to brother Hamza's advice, I just want to say to pay close attention to your diet. Allah, Glorified be He says in the Noble Quran:

O you mankind! Eat of what is on earth, Lawful and good; and do not follow the footsteps of the devil, for he is to you an avowed enemy. (2:168

So we should make sure our food is not only halal but it is good too. Cut out all processed foods which are full of additives, and eat only fresh wholesome foods. Cut out fizzy drinks and cordials that are sweetened with artificial sweeteners. I recently quit all fizzy drinks for juice, eat more fruit and I feel a lot better for it al hamdulillah (I have Fibromyalgia, so I can relate to the fatigue you mention). Allah has placed amazing healing properties in foods, so a change in diet definitely helps. Don't change your diet suddenly though, as the detox effect will leave you feeling worse for the first few days. So start adding good food/drinks and reducing processed ones, until you eliminate them altogether. Introduce black seed and honey to your diet. We know from the Quran and Sunnah there is cure in them.

Black Seed

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said on the authority of Abu Huraira to: "Use this black seed regularly, because it has a cure for every disease except death.” (Reported by Bukhari.)

Honey

"And your Lord revealed to the bee saying: Make hives in the mountains and in the trees and in what they build: Then eat of all the fruits and walk in the ways of your Lord submissively. There comes forth from within it a beverage of many colors, in which there is healing for men; most surely there is a sign in this for a people who reflect. (Surah an-Nahl, 68-69)

Allah says about water in Surah al Nisa verse four, "And enjoy it without fear of any harm."

The harm is avoided when we drink water according to the Sunnah of the Prophet (saw). It’s reported in Muslim that Anas (ra) said that the Prophet (saw) used to drink water in three separate breaths and would say, “It quenches the thirst better and is more palatable and sanitary.” Drinking it any other way dissipates the instinctive heat of the liver and stomach, and is a cause for illness and harm.

Allah has provided us abundantly with things that benefit us, and cure us from disease. I know myself it isn’t easy to change your lifestyle overnight. But inshaAllah, acknowledging and making the intention to make the changes is the first step to achieving any goal.

Along with the advice bro Hamza gave, and the recommendations about food and drink I gave from the Quran and Sunnah, bi idhnillah,there is no reason we can’t cure ourselves.

Hope you keep us updated, inshaAllah.

wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!