/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Want to know about pardah(covering)

freezium
08-28-2010, 10:05 AM
salaam!!!!

the confusion is about what really purdha is in islam....
i do wear abbaya,and scarf which covers my face except of eyes,every time wen eva i m out..i feel that its enuf...at uni i dont wear it coz its a women universty,moreover i keep scarf on head,and try my level best to be in totally covering manner except of face.
these days ,in my friends circle its been discussed daily but we dont really end up with satisfying answer.One of a colleague says that i mock the aihkaam of Purdah...coz purdha is from head to toe.even your hands and your feet should be invisible...there should be curtin like hanging for hiding eyes even.....
and one of other colleague has totally different view...she says"purdah is in heart,and in eyes,if ur heart is clean and eyes clear,u dnt need to veil,jus scarf covering head is enuf or u can use jus duppata on shoulders"

and for me both are two ends....my approach is "do cover face while you are out,cover your body and when u are in uni or in enviorment where u knw their is lil chance of face exposure,u can use only scarf carefully....wen ur dress is covering ur body pretty well....
Covering feet with socks,hands with gloves and hiding even eyes ,i neva read these things in islamic literature before...
yes i read

O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go out). That will be better, so that they may be recognized and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
Quran-33:59
this doesn't say at all to hide feet or hands or eyes..........

Asma, daughter of AbuBakr, entered upon the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) wearing thin clothes. The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) turned his attention from her. He said: O Asma',when a woman reaches the age of maturity, it does not suit her that she displays her parts of the body except this and this, and he (Mohammed(saw) pointed to her face and hands.
Sunan of Abu-Dawood
Hadith 4092 Narrated by
Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin

then how could one say that if i wear veil just to hide face ,and i dnt hide hands and feet,i m mocking of shareeah or Islam????

[Seven Conditions For Women's Dress in Islam
Syed MA Rahman discusses how a Muslimah meets the requirements of Islamic modesty in dress and sets out their Quranic background.]

Hijab is a word that indicates not just the headscarf but clothing in its entirety which meets the following conditions :

1. Clothing must cover the entire body, only the hands and face may remain visible (According to some Fiqh Schools) .

2. The material must not be so thin that one can see through it.

3. The clothing must hang loose so that the shape / form of the body is not apparent.

4. The female clothing must not resemble the man's clothing.

5. The design of the clothing must not resemble the clothing of the non believing women.

6. The design must not consist of bold designs which attract attention.

7. Clothing should not be worn for the sole purpose of gaining reputation or increasing one's status in society.

but confusion is raising day by day ,as she daily brings sort ov literature which doesn't correctly explain the AHADEES and AYAAH's.......i want to believe in these three sources i quoted above ....wud it be right to go for these and ignore what she says???

Waslaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!