/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello evrybody

colouremotions
08-29-2010, 02:13 AM
Hello, My name is nick, I'm christian, arti student.
The reason of being me in this forum is that, i'm designer researcher, who wants to compare culturally perception of coloures, therefore i want to know and is very important how muslim world perceives colours, and especially in emotions.
so, if i may, i will post website of my simple, and fun for everybody survey, which also has results to compare yourself with everybody else in colour perception of emotions, and later I will visualise more data, like whole project. i need your permission i guess.

any questions? please dont hesitate to contact me.

Thanks in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
08-29-2010, 02:28 AM
Salaam/Peace

Welcome to the forum .

The forum has a section for link exchange . u may post about ur site there or do not know - may be here . let's see what Admin/ Mod have to say.

In my country , widows are expected to wear white or black dresses i.e not so bright colour.

On the wedding day , normally brides wear Red colour dress .

And one of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your tongues and colors; most surely there are signs in this for the learned.

( سورة الروم , Ar-Room, Chapter #30, Verse #22)

PouringRain
08-29-2010, 04:41 AM
Welcome to the forum.

colouremotions
08-29-2010, 12:00 PM
That is why its interesting for everybody to see what is Islam's perception of coloure in emotions.

unfortunately i cant post link here, it tells me that i'm not allowed, what should i do?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PouringRain
08-29-2010, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by colouremotions
That is why its interesting for everybody to see what is Islam's perception of coloure in emotions.

unfortunately i cant post link here, it tells me that i'm not allowed, what should i do?
Your study is not going to tell you what Islam's emotional perception of colors is, because you do not ask religion at all. You ask for "identity" and list geographic regions. A Muslim could be from any of those regions.

colouremotions
08-29-2010, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
Your study is not going to tell you what Islam's emotional perception of colors is, because you do not ask religion at all. You ask for "identity" and list geographic regions. A Muslim could be from any of those regions.
its kind of a true, and not very true, because geographic location there is middle east, where the majority of islamic world is based, so if someone lives in west, in usa, but is muslim, and its background is in M.east, than he tikes it on the survey, as M.east

maybe you are right, identity is not the right name, but it should be geographical cultural ...
or cultural roots
???

Ğħαrєєвαħ
08-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Greetings of Peace to you colouremotions

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your stay here

Hope you get the opportunity to gain more knowledge on Islaam indeed

Peace

PouringRain
08-30-2010, 12:34 AM
its kind of a true, and not very true, because geographic location there is middle east, where the majority of islamic world is based, so if someone lives in west, in usa, but is muslim, and its background is in M.east, than he tikes it on the survey, as M.east

maybe you are right, identity is not the right name, but it should be geographical cultural ...
or cultural roots
???
There are significant Muslim populations in Asia and North Africa as well. Since you separate the middle east from Asia (even though geographically the middle east lies within the continent of asia, and additionally you separate Asia into three distinct groups for your sample), and you also have an African option, you are likely to get large Muslim groups who identify with the Middle East, Asian, and Africa. This creates quite an overlap, and so, no, you are not likely to identify "Muslim" emotional perceptions. To say that the perceptions of the middle east are representative of muslim perception would be false, because a sample of muslims from the middle east is not representative of muslims on a whole, who also come from asia, africa, europe, america, etc.

Anyhow, my intention is not to pick on your survey. :) I just wanted to point out that it is wrong to tell people that you are looking for Muslim's views, when in reality you are not. (I'm not sure what made you decide to divide your locations as they are either, but I won't go into that or anything else here. LOL) I agree that you are attempting to understand cultural differences, (but there are problems even within your groupings, imo).

All the best and good luck!

colouremotions
08-30-2010, 12:13 PM
PouringRain

Thank you for your critique, i was wondering how can i improve that? so i dont lose votes that i have?
any advice?

i was thinking to have additional text, on mouse over on this cultures, or regions or whatever you call i have there will have additional text, for example... on Western - rollover, *South America, Australia, New-Zealand, West Europe.

aadil77
08-30-2010, 01:49 PM
colours don't have much/any significance in islam, they will do in different cultures

but in islam itself the only place where you might find the significance of colours is in womens dressing - since women are advised not to wear bright coloured clothing, as this may attract alot attention from the opposite gender

PouringRain
08-30-2010, 02:54 PM
PouringRain

Thank you for your critique, i was wondering how can i improve that? so i dont lose votes that i have?
any advice?

i was thinking to have additional text, on mouse over on this cultures, or regions or whatever you call i have there will have additional text, for example... on Western - rollover, *South America, Australia, New-Zealand, West Europe.

You can't change it without losing the votes you already have, because it would be impossible to get those individuals to come back and add in their religion, or specific cultural region, etc. I would just go with what you have, but at the end you will need to explain your results with what you have. For example, suppose your study ends up with a sample of 90% female participants (not likely, with an on-line survey, but hypothetically...) this would mean that results may only be applicable to females and can not be generalized to individuals as a whole. Or suppose you find a difference in color perception for happiness for participants identifying as African versus participants identifying as Western.... Since there are various cultures with both of these geographic areas, your results may not be generalizable to individuals within those areas as a whole. Take "Western" for example, "Western" might include North America (The U.S., Canada, etc., the Caribbean, etc.), and it might include all of Western Europe (since you do separate out Eastern Europe), and it would also include southern europe..... In North America you will find such a variety of cultures and cultural influences (and many of these people may not be likely to identify with their ancestors country of origin), in Europe, you may find cultural differences in germanic cultures versus romance cultures.

At this point, just go with what you have so as not to lose the data you presently have, but at the end you will need to explain your results.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!