/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reading duas and surahs in english?

Danish123
08-30-2010, 05:28 AM
Asalamu Alaykum,

I'm planning to do istikhaara soon. I was wondering whether the dua that we say for istikhaara can be said in english? (I can read Arabic alhumdulillah, just curious). Not only the istikhaara dua, would it be acceptable to read any dua and surah in english? Would they contain the same level of benefits and outcome from if they were read in arabic?

Thank you for ur answers :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
08-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Wa' Alaikum Salam.

You can say your dua in English or in other languages. But you must read surahs according to the original texts, in Arabic, of course.

Salahudeen
08-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Yes you can read in english and arabic. I all ways read Du'a in english as I don't understand arabic so there would be no emotion or feeling coming from, I'd just be like a parrot, when I say dua in English then it comes from the heart as I understand what I'm saying and what I'm asking for.

Hamza Asadullah
09-01-2010, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danish123
Asalamu Alaykum,

I'm planning to do istikhaara soon. I was wondering whether the dua that we say for istikhaara can be said in english? (I can read Arabic alhumdulillah, just curious). Not only the istikhaara dua, would it be acceptable to read any dua and surah in english? Would they contain the same level of benefits and outcome from if they were read in arabic?

Thank you for ur answers :)
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, reciting dua's from the Qur'an is one of the best way of appealing to Allah in one's dua so they are definatley worth memorising but one should also memorise the meanings of those dua's so that when one recites them then one knows exactley what one is saying in ones dua. The rest of the dua can be done in ones own language whatever one can express one's feelings, emotions etc best in.

One should also recite a lot of durood in ones dua at the beginning and towards the end of the dua as well as praising Allah and asking of him for forgiveness. One should always pray for ones parents in every dua as well as the whole ummah. The best times to make dua are at Tahajjud time, between the Adhan and Iqaamah as well as just before breaking one's fast.

I hope inshallah that whatever is best for you will happen in the situation you are making isthikhara for. Please also remember me in your dua's.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!