/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Isha time

Innocent Soul
08-31-2010, 12:30 AM
Assalamualaikum

I wanted to know when does the time of Isha prayer ends. Some people say uptill the time of tahajjud some say till fajr. I can't find out the answer though I searched :exhausted . Maybe this topic has been discussed before. Please post the link.:hmm:.I also wanted to ask can anyone sleep for sometime after maghrib as she feels so sleepy while praying Isha. So that she can get up after sometime and pray Isha .:hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
08-31-2010, 03:11 AM
It is prefered to delay the Isha prayer but it is not permissible to delay it beyond midnight.

Timing of Isha, Times of the Five Daily Prayers

piXie
08-31-2010, 11:13 AM
:sl:

May Allaah have mercy upon you brother. But I think what you mean is.. It is preferred to delay the isha prayer, but it is not permissible to delay it beyond midnight. As stated in the link:

Praise be to Allaah.

‘Isha prayer must be performed before midnight, and it is not permissible to delay it until midnight, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time of ‘Isha’ is until midnight” (narrated by Muslim, al-Masaajid wa Mawaadi’ al-Salaah, 964). So you have to pray it before midnight, based on the length of the night, because the night may be longer or shorter, so the guideline is how many hours the night lasts. If the night is ten hours long, then it is not permissible to delay it until the end of the fifth hour. The best way it to pray it in the first third of the night. If a person prays it at the beginning of the time for ‘Isha, that is OK, but if he delays it a little while, that is preferable, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to recommend delaying ‘Isha’ prayer for a little while. But if someone prays it at the beginning of its time, after the twilight – the reddish afterglow along the horizon – has vanished, there is nothing wrong with that. And Allaah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!