/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Timing of ASR prayer

mudassara
08-31-2010, 03:55 AM
Asalamu Alaykum,

Dear brother and sisters,

Please let me know the timing of ASR prayer.
For an example if the adaan is at 5.00 PM and Jamath is at 5.15 PM unfortunately I will be in travelling at this time and I can reach only by 6 or 6.15 PM.
Can I pray ASR at this time is it will be ADA or Qaza.

I even heard that we can’t pray any namaz after praying ASR namaz till Maghrib. Is it right correct me if am wrong.

Jisakallhakhair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Wahid
08-31-2010, 02:46 PM
:sl:

Asar prayer is the afternoon prayer. The time of the Asar prayer starts at mid afternoon and ends before sunset. My local Masjid e.g. Asar begins 5:49pm. Jamaat is at 6:30pm. Basically you got till before sunset to pray it; so pray it before Maghrib salaat. Never try to delay Salaat.

You mentioned that you will be travelling at that time; hence you can shorten your prayers. However in order to be considered a traveller (musafir), you have to:

1) Have travelled a distance of 77kms (48 miles)
2) Remain at that destination for less then 15 days

If you are staying for over 15 days then your not considered a traveller.

Shortening of prayers:

A Musafir should make Qasr of Zuhr, Asar and Isha so you perform the Fardh only!!! (i.e. Two Fardh only instead of Four rakaat)
There is no Qasr in the Fardh of Fajr and Maghrib.

Also you don't need to pray your Sunnah prayers or make them up if your a traveller. However if you have the time and opportunity then you can.

With regards to your second question:

There is a difference of opinion among the scholars regarding prayer after Asr due to certain apparent differences found in the hadiths on the subject. According to the Hanafi school, it is considered disliked to perform nafl prayer after Asr. However, one can make qada prayers at this time.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=4457&CATE=98

If their is anything that you didn't understand then do ask.

:wa:

mudassara
09-01-2010, 04:50 AM
Thanks a lot brother for shairing the Knowledge.
Allha bless u with peace and happy life.
Remember me in DUA.
Jisakallhakhair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!