/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Du'A for MCAT on Thursday 09/02/2010

gs450la
08-31-2010, 06:04 AM
:sl:

Hope Ramadan is going well for you guys. Thanks for the du'as already!

I write to you in a mentally exhausted state. Our home situation is not getting any better...parents are on the road to divorce... unfortunately and I have been studying my brains out for the MCAT (constantly drilling info in my brain and learning techniques)....However, I'm seeing improvement in my biological sciences and physical sciences scores (I got an 11 on Bio and a 10 on Physical sciences on the practice exams! :statisfie Good sign!

However, verbal is just staying slow at 6....:exhausted I have done my best....I don't get it I speak English perfectly, I aced my English classes and English is my first language. I am banking on all mighty allah (SWT)showing me some mercy on exam day which is Thursday at 8 AM inshallah. I hope the passages become clear for me.

On a side note...My little bro ( 9 years old) thought it would be funny to prank call the police, and they ended up coming today, boy that was embarrassing especially in front of the neighbors.

Allah (SWT) please have mercy on us! I just want to get the score I need to get into Medical school! Please brothers and sisters pray for me!

Regards,
Ehsan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-31-2010, 09:53 AM
from what I remember of the MCAT which was aggggggggges ago is that if you answer the three components requested even if expressed crappily then you'll start with a good enough grade..

good luck insha'Allah, I am sure you'll do great..

:w:

gs450la
08-31-2010, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
from what I remember of the MCAT which was aggggggggges ago is that if you answer the three components requested even if expressed crappily then you'll start with a good enough grade..

good luck insha'Allah, I am sure you'll do great..

:wa:

Thanks for the words! LOL, you would be shocked if you'd see what they're make us do now! It's outrageous...so much information. But I have been working very hard so I hope allah (SWT) will reward me.

جوري
09-01-2010, 01:44 AM
if you think the mcat is bad wait until you have to do your USMLEs
hard work is never lost with Allah swt..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
09-01-2010, 02:18 AM
May Allah Ta'ala grant you success. Let's exchange duas. Please make dua for my educational career as well!

gs450la
09-01-2010, 11:12 PM

Oh boy, I'm dreading USMLE's! Good thing that its at least 3 years away! LOL

gs450la
09-01-2010, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
May Allah Ta'ala grant you success. Let's exchange duas. Please make dua for my educational career as well!

Thank you for your du'as! I will pray for your academic success iA!

Beardo
09-01-2010, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by gs450la

Oh boy, I'm dreading USMLE's! Good thing that its at least 3 years away! LOL
Start preparing little by little right now and inshallah it'll prove beneficial. If you save it until then, you'll dread it even more. It's always good to have a headstart! No harm.

Life_Is_Short
09-02-2010, 01:14 AM

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is USMLEs?

May Allah SWT make it easy for you brother. Indeed hard work is never lost with Him.

جوري
09-02-2010, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short

May Allah SWT make it easy for you brother. Indeed hard work is never lost with Him.
if you are in England then those would be the equivalent of the plab.. not sure how many of those you have to take but here there is a step one, step two is a two component and step three.. each is a 9 hour exam, except step three which is an 18 hour exam :)

thank you for the support and du3a, but I am a sister :D

gs450la
09-02-2010, 02:08 PM

Good Morning Brothers and Sisters,

Just about to take my shower and then head over to the exam. It's finally here and I'm going to tackle the MCAT this time!

Thanks for all the du'as!

Wish me luck,
Ehsan

Abdul Wahid
09-02-2010, 02:19 PM

if you are in England then those would be the equivalent of the plab.. not sure how many of those you have to take but here there is a step one, step two is a two component and step three.. each is a 9 hour exam, except step three which is an 18 hour exam :)

Woah! 9 & 18 hour exams. That must be a killer. The longest exam I've ever had was 4 hours and believe me that was long.

format_quote Originally Posted by gs450la

Good Morning Brothers and Sisters,

Just about to take my shower and then head over to the exam. It's finally here and I'm going to tackle the MCAT this time!

Thanks for all the du'as!

Wish me luck,
Ehsan
InshaALLAH you pass.

Life_Is_Short
09-03-2010, 12:07 AM

thank you for the support and du3a, but I am a sister :D

PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board) is for international medical graduates.

I know you're a sister. lol

Hamza Asadullah
09-03-2010, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Asalaamu Alaikum, May Allah grant both of you all the success in this world and the next. Ameen

and whatever happens for both of you will happen for the best inshallah. Please remember me in your dua's to.

جوري
09-03-2010, 12:32 AM

PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board) is for international medical graduates.

I know you're a sister. lol
well what do the Brits take to be licensed to practice? whatever that test is would be the equivalent of the USMLE..

I thought the part highlighted above was for me, my humble apologies :)

gs450la
09-03-2010, 02:35 AM
:wa:

Well thanks for the prayers brothers and sisters! It's over! However, I'm not too convinced it's really over in that twisted mind of mine LOL

Man, it was a beast! Way harder than my other one on 07/08/10 that I bombed. Granted, that was due to a lack of preparation. However, last night I tossed and turned in my bed and did not actually sleep until 2:00AM....get this got in bed at 10:45 PM.....however I just couldn't sleep! urggggggg

Then my sister kept on putting on loud music and opening the door in her room as she does everynight (if you have seen my other threads you will know :( ) I wish she would have been considerate tonight at least...

I woke up at 7AM and during the first part of the test, I kind of blanked due to a headache, but then I picked up.....it all happpened so fast.

However, this was definitely a challenging exam, so I'm hoping the curve will be in my favor. Please pray for me guys...I hope I can get in this cycle, I don't want to spend money on taking it in january for a third time :omg: and re-applying next year....We're already struggling so much financially and the MCAT's, mcat prep, and medical school application process really sucks the $$$ out of you!

On to my sister, today she threw the worst tantrum and started yelling profanities at both my parents! It's so much to deal with please pray for me guys....I'll post more under the Update on my life thread.

Thanks so much for everything! I hope Ramadan has brought and will continue to bring all of you countless blessings! I hope the fasts are going easy on everyone as well!

Regards,
Ehsan

Sawdah
09-03-2010, 02:47 AM
:sl: br. Ehsan,

My Allah swt grant you success in this world and in the hereafter, ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!