/* */

PDA

View Full Version : just a couple of questions

anonymous
09-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Salaam

just a couple of questions

1) can you touch the quran while on mensus or without wudu if is half in english and haf arabic -
its the meaning/translation quran but it has arabic in it too - half and half

2) if you think your clothes has filth on it (for eg you think there might have been a splash on urine on it but your not sure exactly where - or if you sit on the toliet seat when you see afterwood s it was dirty and you not sure if it touched your clothes - what do you do in both situations

and if its the devil whisperings and you decide to ignore these and pray salah any way - what if you turn out to be wrong???

same thing with wudu - if you dont think your wudu is broken and you carry on praying but what if it really did break is your salah valid

i know the hadith says dont renew your wudu if you dont hear it or smell it - but how can you know for sure??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaam

just a couple of questions

1) can you touch the quran while on mensus or without wudu if is half in english and haf arabic -
its the meaning/translation quran but it has arabic in it too - half and half

2) if you think your clothes has filth on it (for eg you think there might have been a splash on urine on it but your not sure exactly where - or if you sit on the toliet seat when you see afterwood s it was dirty and you not sure if it touched your clothes - what do you do in both situations

and if its the devil whisperings and you decide to ignore these and pray salah any way - what if you turn out to be wrong???

same thing with wudu - if you dont think your wudu is broken and you carry on praying but what if it really did break is your salah valid

i know the hadith says dont renew your wudu if you dont hear it or smell it - but how can you know for sure??
It is not permissible for a woman to touch the Qur’an or recite it during her menstrual cycle. If she is a hafiza of the Qur’an and is afraid that she will forget if she doesn’t recite, then the scholars have stated two methods to be saved from this harm.

She may use a cloth to hold the Qur’an and look inside while reciting in the mind. She should not move her lips.
She can sit next to someone who is reciting and listen to that person.
It is not permissible to touch or recite the Qur’an in the state of menses.

Dar al-Mukhar (1:1720174)

Fatawa Raheemiya (4:49) Darul Ishaat

In regards to doubts abut purity of clothes then you should NEVER stand and urinate anyway as there will always be dropas of urine which may fall onto clothing. So from now on you must ALWAYS sit down to urinate. Whenever you go an use a toilet then get a wet tissue and wipe the toilet seat with it for water is a purifier.

If you have doubt then just make wudhu before praying Salaah. Excessive doubt is certainly shaythan wanting to confuse you and put you off your prayer so seek refuge in Allah from the whispers of shaythan and doubt does not invalidate Wudhu however it is best to take precaution if unsure and make wudhu before the Salaah as it is also a lot of reward and would freshen one for the Salaah.

And Allah knows best in all matters

جوري
09-01-2010, 10:20 PM
why can't one just use a digital Quran on the internet, there is no touching it there..
and I know many who recite it that way while menstruating..

:w:

anonymous
09-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Salaam

thisis really confusing - some people have said your aloud to recite what you know by heart as long as your not touching the quran -

what do you do if you get stanic whisperings, can you still read your kalme and what about and what about doing zikar - can you not do that either -

can you give some advice to women on their menus on what they can recite -

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
09-01-2010, 10:35 PM
to be honest I have gifted some kaffir friends of mine Quran with translation so if you give it to a kaffir how can a Muslim be denied?
I probably shouldn't be issuing fatwas but people read the Quran online or on ipad all the time.. so not sure what to say beyond that..

cat eyes
09-01-2010, 11:08 PM
well i was told a different opinion that if your hands are washed and clean you can recite it there is ways of doing this sister, you can put holy Quran on a very high pillow that way theres no need to touch.. sister lily gave good idea too, you can recite it off internet if it does not make your eyes hurt staring at a computer screen.

Allah forgive me if im wrong but i know ive read that opinion from somewhere.. according to what ive learnt is that you have to be clean down there while praying your salah.

Any way there is many ways of tackling this so no need to worry :) its very important that you want to have respect for book of Allah

Hamza Asadullah
09-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Salaam

thisis really confusing - some people have said your aloud to recite what you know by heart as long as your not touching the quran -

what do you do if you get stanic whisperings, can you still read your kalme and what about and what about doing zikar - can you not do that either -

Salaam

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, My sister there is no confusion on this matter as the majority of fuqaha have stated that a women cannot recite nor touch the Qur'an during her menses because she is in the state of junub but there are some exceptions under certain circumstances.

The following is a more detailed explanation in regards to rules concerning post-natal bleeding (nifas) and haid taken from (From The Basic Fiqh of Menstruation) :

1. The woman who is in haid or post-natal bleeding (nifas) and bathing is wajib on her, then it is not permissible for her to enter a mosque, to make tawaaf of the Ka'bah, to read the Quran or to touch it. However, if the Quran is in a casing, or wrapped in a cloth, or covered with a cloth jacket which is not stitched to the Quran and which can be removed; then in such a case, the Quran could be touched and could also be carried.

2. The person who does not have wudu, even he cannot touch the Quran. However, he could recite it out of memory.

3. Touching a coin, saucer, amulet (ta'wiz), etc. on which some Quranic verse is written is also not permissible for the above mentioned persons. However, if these things are kept in a packet or container, it is permissible to carry that packet or container.

4. It is not permissible to hold or carry the Quran with the sleeve of the kurta or the edge of a scarf. However, if it is a cloth that is not attached to the body, it will be permissible to carry it with that cloth.

5. It is permissible to read a word from a verse (ayat) or half a verse. However, that half verse should not equal any full verse in length.

6. If the entire Surah Fatihah is recited with the intention of dua, or if any other duas in the Quran are recited with the intention of dua and not with the intention of tilaawat (recitation); then it will be permissible and there is no sin in this. For example, the dua:

"Rabbana aatina fid dunya hasanataw wa fil aakhirati hasanataw wa qinaa adhaaban naar."

and the dua:

" "Rabbana la tu'aakhidhna in naseena aw akhta'naa... till the end which is towards the end of Surah Baqarah or any other dua which is in the Quran. It will be permissible to read all such verses with the intention of dua.

7. It is also permissible to read Dua-e-Qunoot. (the dua which is read in Witr prayer).

8. If a woman is teaching the Quran to girls, then in such a case it will be permissible for her to spell out the words. When she is teaching them to read with fluency, she should not recite the entire verse, but should read one or two words at a time and after every word or two, she should break her breath. She should teach them to read fluently by stopping regularly.

9. It is permissible to read the kalimah, durood, to take the name of Allah, to read istighfaar (repentance), or any other remembrance (dhikr) such as:

"La hawla wa la quwwata illa billahi al-aliyyil azeem."

10. In the period of haid, it is mustahab for a woman to make wudu at the time of prayer, to sit in a clean place and take the name of Allah Ta'ala so that she does not forget the habit of offering her prayer, and when she gets pure she is not reluctant to offer her prayer.

(From The Basic Fiqh of Menstruation)

Almighty Allah has made it easy for women and NOT difficult for women are still able to get the same rewards as men whilst they are in their menses. The good deed accounts don't stop when menstruation begins for the angels are continuing to write rewards down and women can still keep up with men in regards to good deeds.

Here are 7 good deeds women can do whilst on their menses during Ramadan and throughout the year:

1. Listen to Qur'an recitation: Almighty Allah knows your intention so if you are wanting to recite the Qur'an but are not able to then by listening to recitation you are still able to gain the abundant rewards just as one who recites it as Allah knows your intentions and your eagerness to earn rewards from reciting the Qur'an and he will reward you accordingly as he is the most generous and loves to reward his slaves.

2. Doing Dhikr of Allah: You can do ANY dhikr of Allah during menses for dhikr of Allah is the BEST of all deeds and this is a way of gaining COUNTLESS rewards. Here are some VERY rewarding dhikr you can do:

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...vy-scales.html

3. Make dua: You can make as much dua as you want day and night which can include ANY dua from the Qur'an as long as it is meant as a dua and not as tilawat of Qur'an. This will enable one to continue to build a strong and close relationship with Allah and one can still repent and ask for his mercy, forgiveness and anything one desires.

Narrated ‘Ubaadah that the Messenger of Allah said, “Whoever seeks forgiveness for the believing men and believing women, Allah will write for him a good deed for EACH believing man and believing woman.” (Tabarrani)

Subhanallah this deed can be done in EVERY dua and can you imagine how many rewards can be gained for each and every Muslim you make dua for from Adam (As) until now and the last Muslim on earth. This is the easiest way to earn rewards that go into the billions and the more you make these dua's then the more your good deed account wil get filled!

Every night in the last ten nights the following dua should be recited abundantly:

Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, said: I asked the Messenger of Allah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallim):: 'O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?' He said: 'Say: "Allahumma innaka 'afuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee"

O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me.' " (Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Tirmidhi).

4. Read Islamic literature and dua books: You can read any Islamic literature and dua books even if it has some ayah's of the Qur'an. This will enable one to continue to be able to gain knowledge and act upon it.

5. Serve your parents: A man once asked the Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallim):

"'Should I join the jihad?' He asked, 'Do you have parents?' The man said, 'Yes!' The Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallim) said, 'Then strive by serving them!'" (Sahih Al-Bukhari, No. 5972)

Therefore serving one's parents is even better than jihad so serve your parents as much as you can and gain rewards you can NEVER imagine!

6. Give dawah: You can give dawah to Muslim and non Muslim as the speech of the da'ee is the best of all speeches.

"And who is better in speech than he who invites to Allah and does righteous deeds, and says: 'I am one of the Muslims.'" [al-Qur'aan, Fussilat(41):33]

7. Sadaqa: You can still give to charity and also do any good act which can be a sadaqa jariya for you which means that it can be a continuous reward like doing a charitable act or forwarding a ayah of the Qur'an, hadith or a beneficial article by text, e mail etc

Hope this helped and make the best of these remaining few days and do not let shaythan confuse you or make you feel inferior in good deeds because you are on your menses for this is a way of him stopping you from pleasing Allah. Please remember me in your dua's to.

Cabdullahi
09-01-2010, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
you can put holy Quran on a very high pillow that way theres no need to touch..
..and make sure you use chop sticks to turn the pages and just be patient if it gets irritating

Hamza Asadullah
09-02-2010, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
to be honest I have gifted some kaffir friends of mine Quran with translation so if you give it to a kaffir how can a Muslim be denied?
I probably shouldn't be issuing fatwas but people read the Quran online or on ipad all the time.. so not sure what to say beyond that..

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, when giving the Qur'an to non Muslims then we should give a version that does not contain the Arabic. If you did not know before then it is not your fault but at least you know now for the future inshallah.

Hamza Asadullah
09-02-2010, 12:34 AM
well i was told a different opinion that if your hands are washed and clean you can recite it there is ways of doing this sister, you can put holy Quran on a very high pillow that way theres no need to touch.. sister lily gave good idea too, you can recite it off internet if it does not make your eyes hurt staring at a computer screen.

Allah forgive me if im wrong but i know ive read that opinion from somewhere.. according to what ive learnt is that you have to be clean down there while praying your salah.

Any way there is many ways of tackling this so no need to worry :) its very important that you want to have respect for book of Allah
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, no my sister that is not correct as mentioned in my post there are certain exceptions but the general rule is that whilst a women is on her menses then she should not recite nor touch the Qur'an but she can listen to it and gain the same abundant rewards. Hope that clarifies things.

cat eyes
09-02-2010, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
..and make sure you use chop sticks to turn the pages and just be patient if it gets irritating

well when my hands get to tired i put it on a high pillow whether im on my menses or not because naturally a persons hands get tired from holding it up because i don't put it on my lap.

no i don't use chop sticks to turn the pages :mmokay: even if my hands sweat a little i use my sleeve to turn the page but my arabic qur'an is quite heavy the pages are so i don't need to hold the page down

cat eyes
09-02-2010, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, no my sister that is not correct as mentioned in my post there are certain exceptions but the general rule is that whilst a women is on her menses then she should not recite nor touch the Qur'an but she can listen to it and gain the same abundant rewards. Hope that clarifies things.

jazakAllah khayr. i must have read it off some dodgy site then.

Cabdullahi
09-02-2010, 08:28 PM

well when my hands get to tired i put it on a high pillow whether im on my menses or not because naturally a persons hands get tired from holding it up because i don't put it on my lap.

no i don't use chop sticks to turn the pages :mmokay: even if my hands sweat a little i use my sleeve to turn the page but my arabic qur'an is quite heavy the pages are so i don't need to hold the page down
Sister I was just joking :)

Insaanah
09-02-2010, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
why can't one just use a digital Quran on the internet, there is no touching it there..
and I know many who recite it that way while menstruating..

:sl:

Menstruating woman touching a CD-ROM containing the Qur’aan and reading Qur’aan from it

I have just read one of your answers which says that a menstruating woman may not touch the Quran as she is not in the state of purity.
I have a CD-ROM called Alim which contains the complete Quran and Hadith.
Am I allowed to read the Qur'an on my computer as I am not physically touching the book, and would I be allowed to touch the CD-ROM considering the information that the disc holds?
Jazak Allah Khairun

Praise be to Allaah.

Wa ‘alaykum al-salaam wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu.

Given that no Qur’aan appears on the surface of the CD-ROM, the rulings concerning the Mushaf do not apply to it, as is also the case with Qur’aan recorded on audio cassettes. On this basis, there is nothing wrong with you running this CD-ROM and reading Qur’aan from the screen. As for ahaadeeth, the menstruating woman is permitted to touch the books of Hadeeth and to read from them. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Source

Insaanah
09-02-2010, 09:58 PM
:sl:

Reading Qur’aan during menses
Is it permissible to read Quran while a women is having mensus (periods)?

Praise be to Allaah.

This is one of the issues on which the scholars, may Allaah have mercy on them, differed.

The majority of fuqahaa’ say that it is haraam for a woman to recite Qur’aan during her period, until she is taahir (pure) again. The only exceptions they make is in the case of dhikr (remembrance of Allaah) and phrases that are not intended as tilaawah (recitation), such as saying “Bismillaahi’r-Rahmaani’r-Raheem” or “Innaa Lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji’oon”, or other phrases from the Qur’aan which are repeated as general du’aa’s.

They base their evidence for forbidding menstruating women to recite Qur’aan on several things, including the following:

Menstruation is seen as coming under the rulings that apply to one who is junub (in a state of impurity following sexual intercourse), because both states require ghusl. This is based on the hadeeth narrated by ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him), according to which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to teach the Qur’aan and he never prevented anyone from learning it except those who were in a state of janaabah (impurity).” (Reported by Abu Dawood, 1/281; al-Tirmidhi, 146; al-Nisaa’i, 1/144; Ibn Maajah, 1/207; Ahmad, 1/84; Ibn Khuzaymah [??], 1/104. Al-Tirmidhi said: a saheeh hasan hadeeth. Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said: the truth is that it is the type of hasan hadeeth that could be used as evidence).

The hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The menstruating woman and the one who is in a state of impurity (janaabah) should not recite anything of the Qur’aan.” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 131; Ibn Maajah, 595; al-Daaraqutni (1/117); al-Bayhaqi, 1/89. This is a da’eef hadeeth, because it was reported by Ismaa’eel ibn ‘Ayyaash from the Hijaazis, and his reports from them are da’eef as is well known to those who are conversant with the study of hadeeth. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said (21/460): it is a da’eef hadeeth by the unanimous agreement of the scholars of hadeeth. See Nasb al-Raayah, 1/195; al-Talkhees al-Habeer, 1/183).

Some scholars say that it is permitted for a menstruating woman to recite Qur’aan. This is the opinion of Maalik, and one opinion narrated from Ahmad, which Ibn Taymiyah preferred and which al-Shawkaani believed to be correct. The scholars based the following points on this opinion:

The principle is that things are allowed and permitted unless there is evidence to the contrary. There is no such evidence to say that a menstruating woman is not allowed to recite Qur’aan. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: “There is no clear, saheeh text to indicate that a menstruating woman is forbidden to recite Qur’aan… It is known that women used to menstruate at the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and he did not forbid them to recite Qur’aan, or to remember Allaah (dhikr) and offer du’aa’.”

Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, commands (Muslims) to recite Qur’aan. He praises the one who does so, and promises him (or her) a great reward. No one is excluded from this except the one concerning whom there is solid evidence (daleel), and there is no such evidence in the case of menstruating women, as stated above.

The analogy between the menstruating woman and the one who is in a state of janaabah is made despite the fact that there are differences between them. The one who is in a state of janaabah has the option of removing the “barrier” by making ghusl, unlike the menstruating woman. A woman’s period usually lasts for some length of time, whereas the person who is in a state of janaabah is required to do ghusl when the time for prayer comes.

Preventing a menstruating woman from reciting Qur’aan deprives her of the chance to earn reward, and it may make her forget something of the Qur’aan, or she may need to recite it for the purposes of teaching or learning.

From the above, it is clear that the evidence of those who allow a menstruating woman to recite Qur’aan is stronger. If a woman wants to err on the side of caution, she can limit her recitation to the passages which she is afraid of forgetting.

It is very important to note that what we have been discussing here is restricted to what a menstruating woman recites from memory. When it comes to reading from the Mus-haf (the Arabic text itself), a different rule applies. The correct view of the scholars is that it is forbidden to touch the mus-haf when one is in any kind of state of impurity, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… which none can touch except the purified.” [al-Waaqi’ah 56:79]. In a letter to ‘Amr ibn Hazm, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told the people of Yemen: “No one should touch the Qur’aan except one who is taahir (pure).” (Reported by Maalik, 1/199; al-Nisaa’i, 8/57; Ibn Hibbaan, 793; al-Bayhaqi, 1/87. Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said: A group of scholars classed this hadeeth as saheeh because it is so well known. Al-Shaafi’i said: It is proven by them that it was a letter sent by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said: “This letter is famous among the scholars of seerah, and is so well known among the scholars that it does not need an isnaad. It is like tawaatur because the people accepted and recognized it. Shaykh al-Albani said that its is saheeh. Al-Talkhees al-Habeer, 4/17. See also: Nasb al-Raayah, 1/196; Irwaa’ al-Ghaleel, 1/158).

(Haashiyat Ibn ‘Aabideen, 1/159; al-Majmoo’, 1/356; Kashshaaf al-Qinaa’, 1/147; al-Mughni, 3/461; Nayl al-Awtaar, 1/226; Majmoo’ al-Fataawaa, 21/460; al-Sharh al-Mumti’ li’l-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 1/291)

And Allaah knows best.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Source

Hamza Asadullah
09-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Asalaamu Alaikuim Wr Wb, As already stated the majority of fuqaha and the generally accepted view is that a women should not touch or recite the Qur'an during her menses and because there is some difference of opinion on the matter then it is best to take precaution because if it were allowed then it would have been more clear cut but because it is slightly ambiguous then it is best that precation be taken on the matter.

As already mentioned if there is dire necessity to recite the Qur'an either because one is a hafidha or teaches Qur'an etc then one may do so but if there is no such necessity, then one can definitely listen to the Qur’an, for there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever in the sources to indicate that listening to the Qur’an in the state of menstruation is forbidden for this is also great reward.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!