/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Speed Dating

anonymous
09-02-2010, 08:35 PM
I managed to come across this site today whilst online. Is this allowed in islam ? I know your allowed to meet a prospective partner, but meeting 50+ all in the same room at the same time ? its a bit like speed dating.

Is this a new method people use to find partners ? just seemed a bit odd to me.

http://www.muslim-marriage-events.com/how-it-works.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
09-19-2010, 06:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I managed to come across this site today whilst online. Is this allowed in islam ? I know your allowed to meet a prospective partner, but meeting 50+ all in the same room at the same time ? its a bit like speed dating.

Is this a new method people use to find partners ? just seemed a bit odd to me.

http://www.muslim-marriage-events.com/how-it-works.html
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, nowadays there are many unIslamic ways of finding a partner that are sugar coated in "Islamic" or "Muslim" to make it sound like it is legitamate and permissable. But one should be very weary of these avenues for marriage as many are done by "moderate" Muslims who think it is acceptble for a couple to "get to know each other" properly before marriage or in other words "date".

Many of those who set up such avenues for marriage have a very diluted view of Islam and this clearly comes across in the marriage schemes they set up which are mostly about profit making and less about "sticking to Islamic rules".

It is clear that in speed dating there will be much free mixing and many women will not be wearing hijaab and will be without their mahrams present. Therefore it will not be permissable to attend such "unIslamic" events.

Do things in the right way and Allah will put blessings into your marriage. Surely it is Allah who will find a partner for every soul whatever id decreed for them so when one does it in the right way then one will recieve peace and blessings in their marriage but those who decide to do it the wrong way will only cause heart ache and pain for themselves.

And Allah knows best in all matters

noorseeker
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM
its seems more of a money making thing, from what i hear you rarely find a partner at such events.

Salahudeen
09-19-2010, 09:52 PM
There's big money in this sort of thing because people are desperate to get married. There's somewhat of a crisis I think among the Muslim's when it comes to marriage.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
09-20-2010, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
There's big money in this sort of thing because people are desperate to get married. There's somewhat of a crisis I think among the Muslim's when it comes to marriage.
Ive no idea why tho ? cos its not like humans are becoming extinct or anything ?? unfortunately events like this, will be seen as "ok" to get involved in, cos it mentions somewhere that its within shariah law, and mahrams are allowed to attend but are not involved with the 1-2 interaction.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!