/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where to look during salah.

abdussattar
09-04-2010, 05:15 AM
Okay so you all might simply answer "the place of sijdah"
but I have come across this,that

During Qiyam(standing) -Sijdah
During Rukoo -between the feet
During Sijdah -towards the nose
During Jalsah(sitting) -in the lap

Which is correct? always towards sijdah place or the above?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abdussattar
09-08-2010, 12:12 PM
:bump1: bump?

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-08-2010, 12:53 PM
During Qiyam, Rukoo and Sajdah one should look at the place of the prostration. And during Tashahud, at the finger which you wag through-out the Tashahud.

When the Prophet SAWS performed prayer, his eyesight did not leave the place of prostration and he forbade us from looking up at the sky or looking around in prayer.
Bukhari, Muslim

The Prophet SAWS would not let his head hang down nor would he raise it.
Bukhari, Muslim

In the tashahud, the Prophet SAWS would place his left palm on his left knee, clench all the fingers of his right hand, point with his index finger towards the Qibla and fix his sight on it.
Muslim

Bintulislam
09-08-2010, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar
Okay so you all might simply answer "the place of sijdah"
but I have come across this,that

During Qiyam(standing) -Sijdah
During Rukoo -between the feet
During Sijdah -towards the nose
During Jalsah(sitting) -in the lap

Which is correct? always towards sijdah place or the above?

I would like to do an addition to this question;Is there no difference between the men and women in the manner of offering Salah?If the way offering Salah is same then can someone quote an authentic Hadith or a rwayat from any of the Wives(peace be upon them)of the Prophet S.A.W.W??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abdussattar
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
During Qiyam, Rukoo and Sajdah one should look at the place of the prostration. And during Tashahud, at the finger which you wag through-out the Tashahud.

When the Prophet SAWS performed prayer, his eyesight did not leave the place of prostration and he forbade us from looking up at the sky or looking around in prayer.
Bukhari, Muslim

The Prophet SAWS would not let his head hang down nor would he raise it.
Bukhari, Muslim

In the tashahud, the Prophet SAWS would place his left palm on his left knee, clench all the fingers of his right hand, point with his index finger towards the Qibla and fix his sight on it.
Muslim
Hmm so I was wrong.. Jazakallah for rectifying me :)

Sorry I dont know about women salah :X

distressed
09-08-2010, 04:29 PM

Salaam

why do you have to move your finger ? ive never done this ?

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-08-2010, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bintulislam
I would like to do an addition to this question;Is there no difference between the men and women in the manner of offering Salah?If the way offering Salah is same then can someone quote an authentic Hadith or a rwayat from any of the Wives(peace be upon them)of the Prophet S.A.W.W??
There is no difference in the salahs of men and women. But I cannot quote an authentic ahadeeth from any of the wives.:(

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-08-2010, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by distressed
Salaam

Prophet SAWS said waging of the right hand's index finger is more powerful than an iron rod against the Satan.

Bintulislam
09-08-2010, 08:59 PM
Salaam

I second what sister said,is there a source for this hadith?

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Here is the source, Muslim.
Muslim

Zafran
09-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Salaam

this depends on what madhab your actually following - as this is a fiqh issue - but some things dont change with people DIYing by using hadiths from Bukhari and muslim. Seems like everybodies a mujthaid today.

peace

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-08-2010, 11:07 PM
^True, seeing at a particular place is not even fardh during Namaaz.

I am not a mujthaid:><:

abdussattar
09-09-2010, 09:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
this depends on what madhab your actually following - as this is a fiqh issue
I am Hanafi, so according to that, what should I do?

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-09-2010, 03:32 PM
"He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) would spread his left palm on his left knee, clench all the fingers of his right hand, point with the finger adjacent to the thumb towards the qiblah, and fix his sight on it (i.e. the finger)."
Muslim, Abu `Awaanah & Ibn Khuzaimah. Humaidi (13/1) and Abu Ya`laa (275/2) added with a saheeh sanad on the authority of Ibn `Umar: "and this is the shooting of the devil; no-one will forget when he does this", and Humaidi raised his finger. Humaidi also said that Muslim bin Abi Maryam said, "A man related to me that in a church in Syria, he saw images of Prophets depicted like this", and Humaidi raised his finger. This is an extremely strange remark, but its sanad up to "the man" is saheeh.

http://www.muslimconverts.com/e-book...yer_Described/

distressed
09-09-2010, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Salaam

this depends on what madhab your actually following - as this is a fiqh issue - but some things dont change with people DIYing by using hadiths from Bukhari and muslim. Seems like everybodies a mujthaid today.

peace
no idea what madhab/hanifi is/means, but as ive never been told to do this, im gona just stick to the way ive always been doing it, till i can get a clearer answer. bro abdul you say your suposed to move your finger, well I have heard of ppl just liftin their finger and pointing it straight ahead, to say theres only 1 god ? no offense, but 1 person will tell you 1 thing and 1 another, so im gona try and find out myself before i start changin the way i perform salah.

abdussattar
09-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Alhamdulillah, I got my answer.

Ramadhan
09-17-2010, 03:20 AM
no idea what madhab/hanifi is/means, but as ive never been told to do this, im gona just stick to the way ive always been doing it, till i can get a clearer answer. bro abdul you say your suposed to move your finger, well I have heard of ppl just liftin their finger and pointing it straight ahead, to say theres only 1 god ? no offense, but 1 person will tell you 1 thing and 1 another, so im gona try and find out myself before i start changin the way i perform salah.
as the previous brother said. This is a fiqh issue.
Since we are not learned, we follow particular madhab/imam, but we should not be fanatic.
I follow madhab syafii, as most of indonesians are, but there are certain fiqh issues that I follow hanafi rather than syafii because i feel that hanafi has stronger basis on those issue.
However, when sticking my finger during tashahud, I stick with syafii and does not move my finger.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-17-2010, 04:47 AM
:sl:

I want to ask an off topic question here.
Here it goes, so, there is a hadeeth of Prophet saws that there will be 73 sects in Islam and only 1 will go to Jannah. It is clear that the 1 sect which follows and strongly holds the sunnah and Quran will go to Jannah. So my question is does these different madhabs are different sects? Also there are many Muslims who claim to be Sunni and yet commit shirk either major shirk or the inconspicuous one.

Ramadhan
09-17-2010, 06:59 AM

I want to ask an off topic question here.
Here it goes, so, there is a hadeeth of Prophet saws that there will be 73 sects in Islam and only 1 will go to Jannah. It is clear that the 1 sect which follows and strongly holds the sunnah and Quran will go to Jannah. So my question is does these different madhabs are different sects? Also there are many Muslims who claim to be Sunni and yet commit shirk either major shirk or the inconspicuous one.
I am not learned/too informed about this issue, but here's my personal opinion: I don't think obsessing about the 73 sects is beneficial for us. I think the hadith serves a purpose to remind us to keep holding fast on the qur'an and sunnah while still need to be constantly vigilant in examining our own aqeedah
Imam syafii, Imam abu hanifa, Imam malik and Imam Ahmad were all ahlu sunnah wal jamaah so we need not be too worried for following the four madzhab Insha allah.

Zafran
09-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Salaam

just to add the 4 madhabs are to do with fiqh (outward actions) and not with aqeada (belief) -

peace

Jalal~
11-30-2011, 11:33 PM
this is really bothering me.
i dont understand how to point, move, wag, etc my finger during prayer.
could someone clearly explain this? i understand that we shouldnt argue over this, so someone just explain this once more.
And i dont even know the difference b/w pointing, moving, and wagging as they all sound basically the same to me.

Please explain clearly!
Jazakallah Khair.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!