/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When praying at Masjidul Haram...........

manaal
09-04-2010, 05:19 AM
:sl:

I've notice many mistakes people do when performing salah at Masjidul Haram. I mean the etiquettes connected to salah. Two major things are:

1. Praying without a sutra:
I've seen many people praying without a sutra when performing prayers individually. Some people might be doing this out of ignorance and many simply do not have anything to use as a sutra, sp. men. Also, when a sutra is used there is always the risk of it being kicked my a passerby because everyone there is always in a major hurry.Due to the difficulty in using a sutra in such circumstances are the prayers valid if someone crosses in front of you, such as those performing tawaf?

Yesterday while I was praying outside the mosque I used a prayer mat and kept a bag in front of me. But a man crossed in between! Did that nullify my prayer?

2. Men praying behind women in congregation.
This too is a disallowed act, but it's almost unavoidable in such a large crowd. So is it excused?

3. Breaking of the saff.
In some places the saffs are not straight. People are not touching shoulder to shoulder. And sometimes there are children seating among the prayers, thus breaking the saff. Again is this excused?

I urge sisters and brothers to please comment wisely and to give informed advice so as to commit any sin unknowingly.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
manaal
09-14-2010, 10:06 PM
:bump:

Waited til Ramadan was over to bump this.

BTW. Saw the same things at Masjidun Nabawi :saws1: as well.

Alpha Dude
09-14-2010, 10:13 PM
:sl: You'll have to ask a scholar to get proper answers.

M.B
09-15-2010, 03:11 PM
:sl:

^ exactly the best thing to do is to ask a Knowledgeable person who can answer these questions! this is not for any of us to say no this is wrong and this is right. like wat the brother said best to ask a scholar.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
manaal
09-16-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't have access to any scholars.

syed_z
09-16-2010, 05:06 PM
The scholars inside Masjid Al Haram and Masjid Nabawi, are well aware of what happens there and even the Imams of the Masjids, so i think its fine what happens, because as you said about the crowd issue. As Allah (swt) wants to make things easy for us and not difficult.

Like Muslims are allowed to shorten their prayers while travelling, then Muslims can also pray on their ride if they are in a state of war, then Muslims can do wudu, if they cannot find any water, they can do tayammum i.e rubbing hands on pure mud and then over their faces and arms. Muslims are also allowed to touch a dry , clean space if they cannot even find pure sand or mud. Then Muslims were allowed by Prophet (saw) to use their judgment if they could not find Qiblah , or if they did not know which way Qiblah was, then they could use their judgment and pray in whichever direction they think is best.

So there Allah (swt) has made worship , salaah, easy for us, when we do not have much choice. Allah knows best...

manaal
09-16-2010, 05:33 PM
^Subhanallah! How right you are! Allah has made salah so easy for us. I have prayed while sitting when I was in my 9th month.Mr grandpa prayed lying down in his deathbed! I've even prayed with my baby in my arms because he was crying.

If our intention is pure, I guess our salah will be accepted. Allah knows best.

IslamicRevival
09-16-2010, 05:56 PM
This year In Taraweeh Namaz In Makkah, Just behind the Imam, There was a security guard standing between two people praying holding a firearm (second row), Looking right, looking left, looking in all directions, His back was turned hence he was standing in front of the person reading in the third row. (Not sure if he was stood there throughout all 20 rakats but i wouldn't be surprised if he did)

Yes you need security but what an odd place to stand? Dont understand how anyone can justify doing that

syed_z
09-16-2010, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
^Subhanallah! How right you are! Allah has made salah so easy for us. I have prayed while sitting when I was in my 9th month.Mr grandpa prayed lying down in his deathbed! I've even prayed with my baby in my arms because he was crying.

If our intention is pure, I guess our salah will be accepted. Allah knows best.

guess what ... When Christians reconquered Spain , after 800 year Muslim Rule, they persecuted Muslims, tortured them, forced them to accept Christianity and had to go through all kinds of tortures and persecution, they were not allowed to pray. They had to hide their beliefs and used to pray inside their homes, very quietly, if they were caught they were persecuted. So what the Scholars in Istanbul and other Muslim world gave them a Fatwa , that they could be walking on the streets of Spain and working and if it was time for Salaah, then they can continue working, and keep reciting Dua , Surah Hamd and Zikr. And if they needed to do Sajda , they were even allowed to do with their Eyes, by lowering their Gaze. This is how much easy Islam becomes for one, who has no choice. SubHan Allah :statisfie!

syed_z
09-16-2010, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
This year In Taraweeh Namaz In Makkah, Just behind the Imam, There was a security guard standing between two people praying holding a firearm (second row), Looking right, looking left, looking in all directions, His back was turned hence he was standing in front of the person reading in the third row. (Not sure if he was stood there throughout all 20 rakats but i wouldn't be surprised if he did)

Yes you need security but what an odd place to stand? Dont understand how anyone can justify doing that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Masjid_al_Haram

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!