/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

Life_Is_Short
09-08-2010, 01:25 AM
:sl:
I want to give half of my summer earnings to the flood-affected people in Pakistan but my parents won't let me. They're saying we've already given enough money on your behalf and since you're a student, you should spend that money on university to help us out. I have never had this much money saved up and for once I want to give it away. I hear stories of people giving every last penny and here i am expected to save money for myself.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
09-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Masha'Allah i appreciate what you're trying to do but if it doesnt work out and you still dont want the money i will provide my bank account details for a bank transfer

Snowflake
09-08-2010, 02:20 PM
^LOL@Abdullahi

May Allah reward you abundantly for your intentions sister. But listen to your parents inshaAllah. It's not as if there hasn't been enough money raised. Most of it is just going into the wrong hands. If your parents do agree to you sending it, then send it to a relative there to help the needy in person inshaAllah.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-09-2010, 06:05 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
Try to reach a compromise? try to explain why you want to give your money away.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Wahid
09-09-2010, 07:01 AM
:wa: sister.

Abdullahii - comedian of IB

MashaALLAH. Its great what your thinking of doing.

I agree with sister Scents of Jannah. You can give money to the people of Pakistan but a lot has been raised. It's just a matter of the army/charities getting to all the people now. You say your parents have sent money already and that too on your behalf - so why not look to give charity elsewhere if your parents don't want you to give to Pakistan.

You don't need to give all your money. A bit here and there. £25-50 is a lot. Food parcels, gift for Eid etc. Lots of charities you can find.

Interpal - https://www.don8now.co.uk/donate/donate.aspx

Ummah Welfare Trust - http://www.uwt.org/site/

cat eyes
09-09-2010, 11:56 PM
:sl:actually there hasnt been enough raised.. its only getting started according to angelina jolie.. shes been out there recently.

check out her interviews on utube talking about the floods. shes the only celebrity so far doing anything. muslim celebrities have not given one cent.

i think what your doing is good sister.. when you spend in the way of Allah. Allah will reward you with even more.

may Allah bless you and guide all the ummah ameen,
:wa:

Salahudeen
09-10-2010, 01:49 PM
How do we know it's actually reaching the people who need it and corrupt people aren't pocketing it :hmm:

manaal
09-10-2010, 10:06 PM
^ That's not a reason not to give. If you give, Allah will reward you for doing so. If the corrupt system pockets it, Allah will punish them for doing so.

Snowflake
09-11-2010, 02:12 AM
I believe the money raised is enough to cater for the flood victims need. But not enough for the corrupt people's greed.

Abdul Wahid
09-12-2010, 09:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:actually there hasnt been enough raised.. its only getting started according to angelina jolie.. shes been out there recently.

check out her interviews on utube talking about the floods. shes the only celebrity so far doing anything. muslim celebrities have not given one cent.

i think what your doing is good sister.. when you spend in the way of Allah. Allah will reward you with even more.

may Allah bless you and guide all the ummah ameen,
:wa:

Plenty of money has been raised. Every Masjid in the UK has been raising money throughout Ramadhan. Charities like Islamic Relief have raised £2million within the first couple of weeks.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-10984032

DEC also raised £30million in the UK

Islamic channels throughout Ramadhan every night have been raising money.

Imran Khan has raised $12million in 24 days.
http://insaf.pk/Media/Videos/tabid/6...Few-Hours.aspx

Muslim countries and organisations have pledged nearly a billion dollars in cash and relief supplies to help Pakistan recover from the worst floods in its history, the head of a group of Islamic states has said.
Addressing a joint press conference with Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi in Islamabad, Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu, head of the 57-member Organisation of The Islamic Conference (OIC), said that the pledges came from OIC institutions and telethons held in Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
“They (Muslim countries and organizations) have shown that they are one of the largest contributors of assistance both in kind and cash,” The Dawn quoted Ihsanoglu, as saying.
The announcement came as rising waters inundated the city of Thatta in Sindh province, and threatened the nearby town of Sujawal, home to 250,000 people.
The OIC is an international organisation with a permanent delegation to the United Nations.
It groups 57 member states, from the Middle East, Africa, Central Asia, Caucasus, Balkans, Southeast Asia, South Asia and South America (Guyana and Suriname).
http://www.zopag.com/news/muslim-sta...tan/26127.html

Its just a matter of food, aid, clothes, tents getting to the people and not corrupt government people. That's why it is best to give to charities who are working on the ground.

This is not to prove to you that your wrong my sister. There will never be enough money raised for poor people. Those of us that can give should give. ALLAH(SWT) will reward us InshaALLAH.

format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
How do we know it's actually reaching the people who need it and corrupt people aren't pocketing it :hmm:
You don't know. However it is best to give to charities who are well known and likely to be working in Pakistan or anywhere at the time of the crisis. People often give money to goverment fund charities. Anyway you give the money. ALLAH(SWT) will reward you because He(SWT) knows your intention.

format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
^ That's not a reason not to give. If you give, Allah will reward you for doing so. If the corrupt system pockets it, Allah will punish them for doing so.
That's right sister!

cat eyes
09-12-2010, 09:04 PM
only Allah knows how bad it is or howbad it might get it might get worse before it gets better. but one thing is for sure, people need there homes and they have no where to go, they have lost there buisnesses and there income.. people are going to be displaced for a very long time..

Also we should not prevent some one from spending in the way of Allah just because we assume everything is going to be okay now.. we don't know that, another flood could happen to tomorrow there Allah forbid it.

pakistan is huge and even long before the floods people have suffered great poverty.

i remember watching programme long ago i think it was around eid and a woman could not even effort to buy new school bag for her son :cry:

imran khan is very good man, may Allah reward him. he does a lot of work.

tango92
09-12-2010, 09:26 PM
cat eyes is right,

Allah for sure will at least return the money you gave if not give you more

Life_Is_Short
09-14-2010, 02:12 PM

My mum is going to Pakistan as a volunteer with Muslim Hands. She has finally taken £20. Hopefully, this will fulfil her travel needs and at least I'll know it's spent for a cause.

Alhamdulil'Allah.

Hamza Asadullah
09-18-2010, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short

My mum is going to Pakistan as a volunteer with Muslim Hands. She has finally taken £20. Hopefully, this will fulfil her travel needs and at least I'll know it's spent for a cause.

Alhamdulil'Allah.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, mashallah sister that is good. Always use hikmah (wisdom) in whatever you do in life. Spend whatever you can in the path of Allah and also leave some for your own needs as well as for your family.

Those who say there is sufficient money going to those who need it are wrong because it is never sufficient enough. Surely shaythan tries to steer us away from giving in charity by telling us that the money will go to corrupt people or the money is enough and we don't need to do anymore. We must disregard shaythan and give what we can in the path of Allah because there will always be people who are in need of our support.

How we will regret the money we never spent on the poor on the day of judgement. When the reward will be sitting there like mountains and we will look at it thinking "If only i pushed myself to give that money to the poor then i could have gained these rewards oh how desperate i am for even one good deed right now".

Therefore we must NEVER hesitate to give because we will regret ever hesitating on the day of reckoning when we will see the reward of giving in the path of Allah. Disregard your enemy shaythan for he wants to put you off giving any money towards the path of Allah.

Allah says in the Qur'an:

"Lo! Those who give alms, both men and women, and lend to Allah a goodly loan, it will be doubled for them, and theirs will be a rich reward." (Al-Hadid: 18)

Some of the rewards promised by Allah are related to this world and the others are related to the Hereafter. Some of the worldly and heavenly rewards are the following:

- The amount of charity given as a loan is doubled and multiplied.

- Forgiveness of sins will be granted by Allah.

- Rich and liberal reward will be given by Allah.

- Entrance to Paradise will be granted by Allah.

- In Paradise, there are rivers running beneath, for those who give the loans.

- Allah is Thankful to the person giving the loan.

According to the Qur'an, this is the ultimate success that one may hope to achieve in this world and in the Hereafter.

Allah is not in need of your help, your support and your financial aid. Allah does not need these loans for Himself but for His creations in the world.

We should ask of Allah in dua:

'O Allah! Grant us the love to give. O Allah we are misers: So help us to be generous. O Allah, You are to be called upon, and we are calling upon You. O Allah listen to and answer our call.' "

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!