/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praying when impure...

anonymous
09-10-2010, 01:26 AM
:sl:
So I had this wet dream and I woke up for seher. I did seher and wanted to do ghusl, but my mother had already gone for ghusl. So I waited and in the meanwhile, the time for farj prayer started. I waited for sometime but she didnt come out, so I performed wudhu and prayed fajer. So my question is, Since I had no way to get ghusl, will my prayer be accepted? or do I have to do qazaa?
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
09-12-2010, 03:59 AM
*Bump*

please

Abdul Wahid
09-12-2010, 08:33 AM
:sl: brother/sister

O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salat (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to ankles. If you are in a state of Janaba (i.e. had a sexual discharge), purify yourself (bathe your whole body). But if you are ill or on a journey or any of you comes from answering the call of nature, or you have been in contact with women (i.e. sexual intercourse) and you find no water, then perform Tayammum with clean earth and rub therewith your faces and hands. Allah does not want to place you in difficulty, but He wants to purify you, and to complete His Favour on you that you may be thankful.
Surat Al-Mā'idah (The Table Spread) - (5:6) - سورة المائدة

So anyone who becomes impure then has to do ghusl as it is in your case.

I hope that is clear inshaALLAH. Based on the above you have to repeat your Fazr prayer.

aadil77
09-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Theres two views regarding whether you have to do ghusl: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/22705

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
09-12-2010, 01:38 PM
I prayed qazaa after performing ghusl... will this do the job?

Abdul Wahid
09-12-2010, 02:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I prayed qazaa after performing ghusl... will this do the job?
InshaALLAH it should. Do dua ALLAH(SWT) accepts your prayer, ask for forgiveness and guidance.

Hamza Asadullah
09-18-2010, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
:sl:
So I had this wet dream and I woke up for seher. I did seher and wanted to do ghusl, but my mother had already gone for ghusl. So I waited and in the meanwhile, the time for farj prayer started. I waited for sometime but she didnt come out, so I performed wudhu and prayed fajer. So my question is, Since I had no way to get ghusl, will my prayer be accepted? or do I have to do qazaa?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, if one ever gets into a situation where there is no water available at all for doing wudhu or compulsory Ghusl within at least a one mile radius then one may perform Tayyamum (Dry wudhu). If a person is in the city then they must look for water. If one knows that water is not available, then it is not obligatory for him to search for it. But if there is a probability of finding water, then it is wajib to search for it until one becomes sure of its unavailability.

If it is not possible to find any water for Ghusl then one may perform Tayyamum. As soon as water becomes available then the Tayyamum is annulled and one has to perform the Ghusl.

If in your case the time of salaat is so short that if one starts to do wudu or ghusl his prayers will be qadha whereas by performing Tayammum he will be able to say his prayers in time. In such a case one should do Tayammum.

If water becomes available after the salaat has been performed, then it is not necessery to repeat that salat with wudu. But consider the following hadith:

Abu Said Al-Khudri (RA) said that two men went out for a journey. The time for Salah came and as they had no water, they did Tayammum with pure earth and did Salah, then they found water during the time for the same Salah and one of them repeated the Salah while the other didn’t. When they joined the Messenger of Allah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) , they mentioned this to him and he (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said to the one who did not repeat his Salah, “You have acted according to Sunnah and your Salah is sufficient for you” and he (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said to the other, “You will get double the reward”. [Abu Dawud]

How to perform Tayyamum:

Firstly one should make intention in ones heart that one is going to make Tayamum in place of ghusl and then strike both hands on the clean earth, dust the hands, then blow the excess dirt off the hands and then rub the hands on the face completely (without leaving any space). Then strike both hands on the clean earth, dust the hands, then blow the excess dirt off the hands and then rub the right hand completely over the left hand including the elbow and then rub the left hand completely over the right hand including the elbow.

What can Tayyamum be done with:

Tayammum may be performed with anything that is Jins-ul-Ardh, i.e. anything from the earth. This includes stones, cement, bricks, claypot, etc.

What can Tayyamum not be done with:

The principle is - whatever becomes ash or melts by being burnt or heated cannot be used for Tayammum, e.g. trees, grass, metal, gold, glass, etc.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!