/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The (Burn) Quran Day !

marwen
09-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Assalamu Alaykom !

Every muslim knows that tomorrow 9-11, some stupid bunch of anti-muslims lead by a deviant church in the US, are planning to burn the Holy Qur'an. They will make it in our eid day to hurt muslims more. And they are making it in this date (9-11), to accuse the Qur'an of the events of 9-11,2001; and that's a more drastic injustice ! As muslims, we don't accept that !
We have to react ! But we should react following our islamic manners. We are not terrorists ! we are not narrow-minded zealots. Our reaction should be calm and islamic to show them they are wrong. Yes they are making it hard for us, they hurt us to make us furious and mad and then, they will call us "muslim Fanatics". They think the Quran is an evil book, and want to make other people who never read the quran think that too. Most of people who don't realise the atrocity of this act never read the Holy Quran, so they believe what anti-muslims told them.

Burning a holy book is an atrocious act. Muslims will never do that. Only non believers do such acts. Muslims can never burn the bible for example, first because it's non sense, and second because the bible is a holy book : although muslims don't follow the bible directly, but they follow the universal message of Allah which was once in the bible and is continued in the qur'an. So if a muslim or a non muslim desecrates the bible, muslims will never accept it because it will be against islam.

Tomorrow, they want it to be an anti-quran day. They want to make it a start reduce the number of Qur'an copies. But I think it will be a day for promoting Quran ! a day to spread the quran every where ! a day to make the quran reach every house and every one, especially those people who don't know what quran is. They have to have a chance to read the quran and decide by themselves, they have the right to know the truth before following others blindly.

We can make it a beneficial day for islam and for muslims. We can make it a day to serve the quran, not to destroy the quran.

What we can do ?

We have to spread quran copies around the world. If you have a number of non muslim friends in the neighborhood, you can collect a number of quran books and visit non muslims and offer them quran books. If you have internet access you can spread electronic quran copies (PDF, etc..) or links to Quran websites in different languages, especially english translations; and send them with e-mail to every non muslim you know. You can spread it on forums and social websites, If you are familiar with facebook, you can use it to spread the quran quickly.

If you have other peaceful actions that we can do, please put them here.

Allahu Almusta'an.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Grace Seeker
09-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Several positive suggestions. Thanks for taking this approach.

abdussattar
09-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Yeah, a good way to react to these people. We will show them that they cannot destroy the quraan, as Allah has said
Verily, It is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Quran) and surely, We will guard it 15:9

PouringRain
09-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Good suggestions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
09-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I came across this:

MassBible (the Massachusetts Bible Society) has joined with thousands of Christian and other religious leaders across the country to renounce his act.

In a statement it said: "As people of the Book, we are joined to Islam and Judaism in a special way and as an organisation that has sought to put that Book into people's hands for 201 years, we cannot stand idly by while the sacred text of a sister religion is burned as our beloved Bibles once were.

"Lest Muslim culture believe that the Rev Jones' position represents that of all Christians, MassBible is prepared to take a counter action. For two centuries we have given the Bible to those without access. In response to the Rev Jones' despicable act, we are prepared to give away two Qur'ans for every one that Rev Jones burns.

"The Qur'ans will go to prisons, hospitals, shelters, or to any place where there are Muslims without access to their sacred text.
http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/13064

Here is a statement from the US Bible society themselves:
Should Rev. Jones proceed with the burning, we understand that he intends to burn 200 Qur'ans, which means we would donate 400. That means we would need a total of $4800 if he goes ahead. We've got a great head start on that with over $1700 collected as of 9/10.

Should he (wisely) not burn them, we still want to honor the intentions of those who donated to this effort. Also, we still want to send the message to our Muslim brothers and sisters that, while some Christians might use their First Amendment Rights to attack other faiths, there are plenty of other Christians who are willing to speak and act with respect for any sincerely seeking the truth of God.
http://www.massbible.org/burn-one-give-two

MEG
09-11-2010, 06:17 PM
I don't know if I should laugh or cry at the immaturity of these people. Luckily it's not going ahead any more, but I read that the WBC "church" is going ahead with it.

By the way, I would like everyone to know that the WBC "church" is not worth getting angry about. I can't even describe how ridiculous they are. All of America laughs at them.

There are many instances of holy book burning. People burn the Torah, Bible and Qu 'ran. It's just childishness and you shouldn't let it bother you. When they meet God, they will have to answer to Him when he asks them why they didn't love their neighbour.

M.I.A.
09-11-2010, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar
Yeah, a good way to react to these people. We will show them that they cannot destroy the quraan, as Allah has said
Verily, It is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Quran) and surely, We will guard it 15:9
if allah swt has sent down the quran and his is the protection, then we should not fear this event or make light of it.
if these people claim to believe in part of the book then there judgement is with allah swt.

as marwen said we should concentrate on spreading the quran across the world or at the very least the people who believe in the quran. only when people see WHO the people that represent the quran are will they hopefully (inshallah) become more aware of what we stand for.
and allah swt is well aware of what we stand for.
...were not perfect and neither are they, just in case you are afraid to represent fully.

S.Belle
09-15-2010, 06:17 PM
At first when I heard this story about this preacher it made me very angry but then I thought to myself that hey he is only destroying himself and that the Quran is a way of life and is in the heart and minds of Muslims worldwide so let him burn it it will still prevail.
Your ideas are very great but the fact that the preacher was being so radical about Islam, someone in the world would have thought hey what is so special about this religion and book that he wants to burn it. Their curiosity would get the better of them and they wil pick it up and read and inshallah accept the words of Allah (swt). So in a way he fails at trying to destroy or put down Islam its kinda like the whole 9/11 situation more people converted to Islam after the attacks so inshallah I pray that more people will accept Islam.

Muslim Woman
04-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Salaam /Peace

:sl:

Clergy united in their mission to protest rally by Florida pastor

bilde?SiteC4&ampDate20110422&ampCategoryNEWS02&ampArtNo104220442&ampRefV2&ampMaxW300&ampBorder0 -

Interfaith leaders and supporters hold hands Thursday in front of the Islamic Center of America in Dearborn in a show of unity against Jones' message.

Jones wants to hold his rally at the mosque today. / WILLIAM ARCHIE/Detroit Free PressSome members of the interfaith clergy -- Muslims, Christians and Jews -- stood hand in hand, others were linked arm in arm, silently surrounding the Islamic Center of America in Dearborn in solidarity Thursday afternoon.

With them stood about 700 people, members of the InterFaith Leadership Council of Metropolitan Detroit, members of the clergies' congregations and supporters.

Their mission was to protest Florida Pastor Terry Jones' plan to hold a rally today outside the Islamic Center mosque.
Jones, known for burning a copy of the Quran -- the Muslim holy book -- a month ago as a protest against Islam was nearby at a Dearborn courthouse as Wayne County prosecutors and Dearborn police argued to make Jones pay a bond to cover the cost of security for the Dearborn rally.

The vigil began at 5:15 p.m. and ended five minutes later. As it came to a close, Islamic Center Imam Hassan Al-Qazwini said the Muslim community was "indebted to our Christian friends who have showed us absolute support."
"Terry Jones, he is not representative of the Christian community. ... Terry Jones is speaking for himself only," Al-Qazwini said. "This is bigotry, and we condemn his bigotry."

Al-Qazwini and other Islamic Center officials also directed the Muslim community to attend a peaceful protest at 4 p.m. today at the Dearborn Civic Center, away from the mosque "so as to avoid any confrontation."
Before the vigil, the InterFaith Leadership Council hosted a nearly one-hour "Vigil for the Beloved Community" program inside the Islamic Center.

A sign outside the large banquet hall read: "Pastor Terry Jones Does Not Speak on Behalf of Christians."
Dearborn Mayor Jack O'Reilly Jr. and U.S. Rep. John Dingell, a Dearborn Democrat, attended the event, along with the heads of Islamic, Christian and Jewish organizations.

Archbishop Allen Vigneron of the Archdiocese of Detroit also attended the event.
"We have an opportunity to show the nation and the world that it is possible for peoples of many different faiths to respect one another and to foster mutual understanding," said Vigneron, who also spoke at the program.
The various speakers received frequent rounds of applause and standing ovations as they spoke in support of the Muslim community.

The Rev. Ron Griffin of the Rose of Sharon Church of God in Christ in Detroit attended the program and vigil, and said the event was important.

"We've got to stop allowing fringe individuals to come and divide us," he said. "We need to send a message that we're not going to allow that."

The large crowd quickly dispersed after the vigil, but Islamic Center officials and members continued to hold a meeting to discuss the protest and counter-protests.

Dawud Walid, executive director of the Michigan branch of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said Jones has brought the various faith communities together for a purpose.
"Now that the bridges are built, we need to cross those bridges," he said.

Contact Naomi R. Patton: 313-223-4485 or npatton@freepress.com

http://www.freep.com/article/2011042...Florida-pastor

Muslim Woman
04-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Salaam / Peace

Protesters hope their voices can fight Florida pastor's
Apr 23, 2011

bilde?SiteC4&ampDate20110423&ampCategoryNEWS02&ampArtNo104230427&ampRefAR&ampMaxW300&ampBorder0 -

Salima Mustful, 17, of Dearborn Heights holds a Quran at the rally Friday outside the Henry Ford Centennial Library in Dearborn.

BY ROBIN ERB

Huddling under umbrellas in bone-chilling rain, hundreds gathered Friday evening in front of Henry Ford Centennial Library in Dearborn in a show of unity.

Their message: Florida Pastor Terry Jones doesn't speak for the rest of the U.S.

"We come here today not as Christians, not as Muslims, not as Jews, but as Americans," said Osama Sablani, publisher of the Dearborn-based Arab American News. "We have only one flag, and it is the American flag."

He called on the crowd, especially its young people, to remain peaceful and strong in the face of what he said is prejudice and ignorance.
And with Jones in a courthouse nearby and news helicopters circling overhead, Sablani told the crowd that Jones shares the same freedoms as all Americans, even though they might disagree with him.
"We will protect his right to speech with our blood and life," he said.

A few hours later, a jury ruled against Jones, saying his planned rally in front of the Islamic Center of America would "breach the peace." Judge Mark Somers ordered him to pay a $1 bond.
Many who gathered near the Ford library in the early evening were from Dearborn. They carried signs that read: "Hope Not Hurt" and "Dearborn welcomes all faiths" -- the ink running on poster board in the rain.

Other speakers also pleaded for tolerance, including U.S. Rep. John Dingell, a Dearborn Democrat, and Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano.
Wendell Anthony, president of the Detroit Branch NAACP, said black people have more in common than not with Muslims who feel under attack.
As rain pelted the tent over the speakers, Anthony stirred the crowd into cheers and applause.

"We got a fellow up here that's bringing the cold, that's bringing the bitter, that's bringing indifference," he said of Jones.
Suhaib Al-Hanooti, 26, a student at the University of Michigan-Dearborn, came early to the protest.
"Even if it's raining, the community needs to be here. This isn't just about Terry Jones; it's about the community, about all of us -- united from all walks of life. ... Christians, Muslims and Jews."

Others came from more than an hour away.

Cea Noyes, a sociology and anthropology professor at Olivet College, and several students and friends made the 90-minute drive. If Jones headlines with hate, she said, it's important that the public see tolerance, as well.

"What he is doing is just appalling," she said.
Sophie Kanorek, 16, made the drive with Noyes, saying it was easy to give up a Friday night for something so important.
"My friends were like, 'Come to the track meet tonight,' " she said. But it was more important that voices other than that of "a bigot" be heard, she said.

Contact Robin Erb: 313-222-2708 or rerb@freepress.com

http://www.freep.com/article/2011042...CFRONTPAGE%7Cs

Woodrow
04-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Terry Jones, second pastor, briefly jailed after tense day

In a stunning turn after a chaotic, tense day in Dearborn, two Christian pastors seeking to protest outside the city's largest mosque were briefly sent to jail Friday after refusing to post a $1 bond and ordered to stay away from the mosque and adjacent property for three years.

SOURCE

SlaveOfGod
04-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Mashallah, I love the reactions of the muslims here, instead of burning a bible they dish out 2 Qur'ans for every one burnt.

Muslim Woman
04-24-2011, 12:54 AM
Salaam

I am glad that Muslim did not protest by burning Bible anywhere .

Sad thing is the Pastor said he will continue protesting ( ? ) - against what ?? I don't know.

Telegraph.c...

Quran-burning pastor plans to protest at Dearborn City Hall, may file lawsuit

-- Shocked and outraged, the Rev. Terry Jones said he intends to return to Dearborn, Mich., this week to protest outside City Hall against the denial of his First Amendment rights.

Woodrow
04-24-2011, 01:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam

I am glad that Muslim did not protest by burning Bible anywhere .

Sad thing is the Pastor said he will continue protesting ( ? ) - against what ?? I don't know.

Telegraph.c...

Quran-burning pastor plans to protest at Dearborn City Hall, may file lawsuit

-- Shocked and outraged, the Rev. Terry Jones said he intends to return to Dearborn, Mich., this week to protest outside City Hall against the denial of his First Amendment rights.
I doubt if even Terry Jones knows what he is protesting. I see a very angry man filled with hatred and that inner hatred is devouring him. He has even been ostracized by most Christians.

shibly11
04-24-2011, 06:24 AM
Is there no law in the US against such mad acts as done by the mad pastor? Can any body indulge in such outrageous acts in
the name of freedom ?

Woodrow
04-24-2011, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shibly11
Is there no law in the US against such mad acts as done by the mad pastor? Can any body indulge in such outrageous acts in
the name of freedom ?
About the only thing that is against the law is promoting the overthrow of the government by violent means. However, other laws can be enforced such as disturbing the peace, being a public hazard, endangering the lives of others. In other words while it may be legal for a person to say almost anything they can be arrested and held accountable for any damage their words cause.

yas2010
04-24-2011, 01:25 PM
I doubt if even Terry Jones knows what he is protesting. I see a very angry man filled with hatred and that inner hatred is devouring him. He has even been ostracized by most Christians.
Uncle Woodrow i think you summarise it very eloquently. I just wonder does this human being have any other purpose in life?

I am so proud of all those Muslim brothers and sisters and how they reacted peacefully in face of such adversity. :) May Allah (swt) shower his blessing and mercy upon them.

Woodrow
04-24-2011, 01:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010
Uncle Woodrow i think you summarise it very eloquently. I just wonder does this human being have any other purpose in life?

I am so proud of all those Muslim brothers and sisters and how they reacted peacefully in face of such adversity. :) May Allah (swt) shower his blessing and mercy upon them.
I have seen very few people filled with as much hatred. He is against everything. Over the past few years he has conducted hate speeches and demonstrations against very many people and groups.

I also am very proud of the reaction of the Muslim community in Dearborn. The messege of peaceful disapproval they are sending is very effective and does show Terry Jones to be the aggressor. Terry Jones wanted a hateful, violent response from the Muslims, this peaceful response has defeated him.

Hamza Asadullah
04-24-2011, 02:03 PM
I certainly don't think he has done this out of his own accord for there are those who are pulling his strings in the background. He is just a puppet. The same way anti-Muslim groups like EDL and anti-Islamist Geert Wilders are having their strings pulled by higher powers. In the sameway there is zionist involvement in Pakistan and many other places where Muslims are involved.

I have no doubt that there is a zionist involvement in this along in alliance with Christian zionists. They will stop at nothing to plan and plot against Muslims but Allah is the best of all planners.

Surely this is a test for us for they aim to put fear into our hearts so that we stop practising Islam. So how can we resist their evil? By practising Islam EVER MORE!

So let us bring Islam into EVERY aspect of our lives and know that they only aim to liberalise us so that we stop practising our deen. We must resist them by holding onto Islamic morals, principles and values and disregard and reject anyone who wants us to conform otherwise.

May Allah enable us to be firm in our deen and practise it more and more in our daily lives. Ameen

yas2010
04-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Salaam

Br Hamza81

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...wn?INTCMP=SRCH

:)

It seems that EDL are having adverse affect towards their own BNP Brethren....

Woodrow
04-24-2011, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
I certainly don't think he has done this out of his own accord for there are those who are pulling his strings in the background. He is just a puppet. The same way anti-Muslim groups like EDL and anti-Islamist Geert Wilders are having their strings pulled by higher powers. I have no doubt that there is a zionist involvement in this along in alliance with Christian zionists. They will stop at nothing to plan and plot against Muslims but Allah is the best of all planners.

Surely this is a test for us for they aim to put fear into our hearts so that we stop practising Islam. So how can we resist their evil? By practising Islam EVER MORE!

So let us bring Islam into EVERY aspect of our lives and know that they only aim to liberalise us so that we stop practising our deen. We must resist them by holding onto Islamic morals, principles and values and disregard and reject anyone who wants us to conform otherwise.

May Allah enable us to be firm in our deen and practise it more and more in our daily lives. Ameen
It is the media that brings this type into notoriety. People have a desire to find a scape goat for their problems and these idiots make us out to be a common enemy to be hated. Nazi Germany did the same thing. Germany was the poorest nation in Europe after WW1, the Nazi party gave the Germans a common enemy to blame for the problem and that united the people with a common hate. As a result the people united and pulled together to develop one of the strongest armies ever seen. One little nation rising rapidly to power and nearly conquering the Western world.

Two forces on this earth unite people very fast, those forces are Love and Hate. Hate is the easiest to use. Give people a common enemy and they will join together, no matter how different they are. The Western world is in financial disarray, poverty is spreading and jobs are scarce.the populace is seeking a cause for their problems. We as Muslims are seen as outsiders so the assumption becomes we are the cause of the problems. as a result people like Terry Jones become popular as they carry what people want to hear.

Our weapon to defeat this, is in the Quran. We need to always show through example that we are not the problem, we are the solution. Live truly as Muslims and through example show we are not to be hated, we are here for peace not aggression.

yas2010
04-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Yes Uncle Woodrow, this is very true.
My Grandparents and parents arrived to the UK in the late 1960's and 1970's respectively.

Through scapegoating and right wing political influences such as the infamous Enoch Powell 'river of blood speech'. Many immigrant communities were targeted. The NF very similar to, todays EDL were rampant but mainstream politics had also turned towards the right. All this was happening within huge economic turbulence.

We as the muslim community, young and old have to show that we are the solution.

Muezzin
04-24-2011, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have seen very few people filled with as much hatred. He is against everything. Over the past few years he has conducted hate speeches and demonstrations against very many people and groups.
If I had facial hair like Terry Jones's, I'd be mad at the world too.

Ramadhan
04-25-2011, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
If I had facial hair like Terry Jones's, I'd be mad at the world too.

I never thought of it that way. Maybe muslims in USA could donate and give him lifetime free vouchers to better barbershops/hair salon?

Grace Seeker
04-27-2011, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

I never thought of it that way. Maybe muslims in USA could donate and give him lifetime free vouchers to better barbershops/hair salon?

How ironic given the Sunnah of the Prophet with regard to beards.

Grace Seeker
04-27-2011, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SlaveOfGod
Mashallah, I love the reactions of the muslims here, instead of burning a bible they dish out 2 Qur'ans for every one burnt.

That seems like an entirely appropriate response. Would that it had been so everywhere.

Grace Seeker
04-27-2011, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I also am very proud of the reaction of the Muslim community in Dearborn. The messege of peaceful disapproval they are sending is very effective and does show Terry Jones to be the aggressor. Terry Jones wanted a hateful, violent response from the Muslims, this peaceful response has defeated him.
I'm glad to see that people of all faiths stood in opposition to his message. How much more effective the response to him in Dearborn than what took place in Afghanistan earlier, for people actually practiced their faith position rather than just responding in rage and showing that they weren't thinking any more clearly than Jones was.

Woodrow
04-28-2011, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
I'm glad to see that people of all faiths stood in opposition to his message. How much more effective the response to him in Dearborn than what took place in Afghanistan earlier, for people actually practiced their faith position rather than just responding in rage and showing that they weren't thinking any more clearly than Jones was.
True, the cooperation among all, is very admirable and a very effective tool against hate.

Ramadhan
04-28-2011, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
How ironic given the Sunnah of the Prophet with regard to beards.
What is really ironic is that a native english speaking american pastor cannot tell the difference between beard and mustache (or you may call it 'stache).

Here, have a closer look at Terry Jones:

\

And for the purpose of educating our dear american pastor:
It is sunnah to keep our beard AND to trim our 'stache.

Grace Seeker
04-28-2011, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

What is really ironic is that a native english speaking american pastor cannot tell the difference between beard and mustache (or you may call it 'stache).

And for the purpose of educating our dear american pastor:
It is sunnah to keep our beard AND to trim our 'stache.

My error. For some reason I was remembering him as having a full beard. Thank-you for the correction.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!