/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Specialty of Eid?

Beardo
09-10-2010, 01:49 PM
I have a question. What is the specialty of Eid? I know it's the time for praying, end of Ramadan, etc... But what makes your Eid unique?

For me, it feels sort of like a normal day, lol.

I'm sure there's more to it than presents and such.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
09-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Salaam Alaykum

today young people get what they want or did not even want and need throughtout the year. May be , that's the reason they don't find Eid special.

When I was a kid , normally we used to get new clothes and money only on Eid days and birthday.

ardianto
09-10-2010, 03:29 PM
:sl:

Special food for Eid-ul Fitr in Indonesia and Malaysia, ...... Ketupat..... Rice that cooked in coconut leaves.

In Java island usually we eat ketupat with chicken opor.

S_87
09-10-2010, 03:30 PM
i get money from everyone lol.

otherwise nothing really, women cant go for eid salah here so none of that. basically its just a day not fasting/dressing up/visiting fam/eating

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
09-10-2010, 03:53 PM
^ I like how you classified "not fasting" and "eating" as two different things.

It's more than gifts I'm sure.

abdussattar
09-10-2010, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S_87
not fasting/dressing up/visiting fam/eating
Hehehe :giggling: true.

AabiruSabeel
09-11-2010, 05:01 AM

Maulana Saad explains the speciality of Eid [Urdu] (though it was before Eid Al-Adha):

http://www.archive.org/download/Maul...Dhuhanight.mp3

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-11-2010, 05:39 AM
uhh what? ^o)

S_87
09-11-2010, 04:52 PM
well even when fasting, after iftar i cant really eat.... so was really eating :hiding:

Cabdullahi
09-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Taking the kids out!

Ramadhan
09-12-2010, 03:14 AM
In Indonesia it is most definitely the food.
The types of "lebaran" (eid) food are those that are superbly yummy but are super extremely heavy on cholesterols that you can only eat once a year if you don't want to get heart attack.

abdussattar
09-12-2010, 03:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
uhh what? ^o)
Not fasting = ordinary days
Eating = sheerkhorma & Biryani :satisfied:

tigerkhan
09-12-2010, 04:56 AM
OH MY GOOOOOOOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, our MOLANA SB always told a hadith that ALLAH SWT says on EiD DAY i will accept all duas those for Ahhra and about dunia HE see "muslihat" mean our betterness,........................
from years i am prying with lot of tears and i am hopeful one day i got what i am requesting........................................ .........
i love HIM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

tigerkhan
09-12-2010, 05:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

Maulana Saad explains the speciality of Eid [Urdu] (though it was before Eid Al-Adha):

Abdul Wahab SB (Damat Bakatuhum) says "humari eid tu us din ho gi jis din ALLAH ka deen sari dunaya ma aam ho jaye ga"............................... really humari tu usy din eid ho gi.....humari khusi yahi ha WO khush ho jaye and jis din deen ghalib ho jaye ga WO khush ho jaye ga.....from years i am begging from HIM His mercy to accpt me for HIS work...and esp on EID i got my tissue/romal wet with tears,,,,,,,,,i am hopefull ek din He will accept me even i am toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomuch gunagar...... anyway ALLAH hum sub ko deen ka ghum or fikar naseeb karay...ameen.
JZK

tigerkhan
09-12-2010, 05:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

SUBHAN ALLAH....well said.

karti ha du aalim say begana dil ko
ajeed chez ha lazat aashnai ki......

2day only pbm with us is this "lazat aashnai" mean mahrafat....warna tu har raat hi sab-e-qadar hoti....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!