/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What have i done ?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

Zobia
09-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Okay first of all let me just say Eid Mubarak to all my muslim brothers and sisters out there, may Allah (SWT) bless you and your family on this joyous occasion :D

OKAY I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM REGARDING SHIRK :( :( :(

Earlier today i was performing Asr salah. I got this disgusting shaytan whisper about the unforgivable sin [SHIRK]. I got rid of the thought out of my mind and continued with my salah. THEN. I intentionally thought of this unforgivable sin whisper again and imagined it being scribbled out with a black marker to show that i disbelieved in this thought. But then after my namaz i got into the worst panicky state ever because i intentionally thought of this shaytan whisper which was telling me to worship a person ASTAGFIRULLAH ASTAGFIRULLAH BUT when i thought of this intentionally i WASN'T intentionally thinking of committing shirk ASTAGFIRULLAH it wasn't my intention to commit shirk AT ALL WHATSOEVER; my intention for thinking about this was so i could imagine it being scribbled out with a black marker to show i disbelieved in it !

HAVE I COMMITTED THE UNFORGIVABLE ???
I THINK I'VE RUINED MY CHANCES OF JANNAT !!!!!!!!!!

HAVE I ACTUALLY COMMITTED THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN ?????????

WHAT HAVE I DONE; I CAN'T CALM DOWN :(

SOME ADVICE PLEASE ?!

Jazakallah Khairun
May Allah (SWT) be with you always.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abdussattar
09-11-2010, 11:05 AM
No need to panic! Shirk is the unforgivable sin only if you DIE WHEN DOING SHIRK.
All the converts to islam, they have done shirk, and have repented, even the greatest sahaba, they also had done shirk and repented. Allah loves the people who repent.

There is a hadith stating" Every person is a sinner--- and the best sinner is he who repents"

Repentance will take away all your sins, it will purify you. Allah loves those who repent.

Shaytan always makes others think that their sins won't be forgiven. He makes people think that the mercy of Allah is very narrow.DONT GET CAUGHT IN THIS TRICK! Sincere repentance = Jannah

Ummu Sufyaan
09-11-2010, 11:07 AM
:sl:
1. calm down =)

2. wiswas wiswas wiswas is the only thing i can think of. dont worry about it. it so normal for these thoughts to occur during prayer (and at other times). Shaytaans just trying to make you feel distressed.

3. check this out ukhee.

Zobia
09-11-2010, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar
No need to panic! Shirk is the unforgivable sin only if you DIE WHEN DOING SHIRK.
All the converts to islam, they have done shirk, and have repented, even the greatest sahaba, they also had done shirk and repented. Allah loves the people who repent.

There is a hadith stating" Every person is a sinner--- and the best sinner is he who repents"

Repentance will take away all your sins, it will purify you. Allah loves those who repent.

Shaytan always makes others think that their sins won't be forgiven. He makes people think that the mercy of Allah is very narrow.DONT GET CAUGHT IN THIS TRICK! Sincere repentance = Jannah

Jazakallah for this, but i just want to know that do you think i have done shirk ?? Because everything in Islam depends on intentions and since my intention was not shirk; i haven't done committed that sin have i ? Just tell me that please :)
Also i love your post; it had some really good info in it alhamdulillah .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abdussattar
09-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Oh well you haven't committed shirk if your intention was different, but even if you DID shirk, you can always repent.(but repentance should be from the heart)

Zobia
09-11-2010, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar
Oh well you haven't committed shirk if your intention was different, but even if you DID shirk, you can always repent.(but repentance should be from the heart)
Well i never actually did anything; what happened was i got a shaytan whisper about shirk in my mind and it was telling me to worship a person ASTAGFIRULLAH !!!.
I ignored the shaytan whisper for like 30 seconds; and then afterwards, i intentionally thought of this whisper again. my intention for thinking of this whisper again was to imagine a black marker scribbling it out to show i didn't believe in it. That was my intention for intentionally thinking the shirk whisper.
The fact that i thought of the shirk whisper intentionally even though my intention wasn't to do shirk made me feel like i actually had done the deed.
So from what i've stated now have i actually done shirk by thinking of the whisper intentionally even though the reason for me thinking about the whisper was to show i disbelieved in it by intentionally imagining it being scribbled out ?? That's what i needed to ask.

Salam.

Woodrow
09-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Ahhh the pleasures and naive nature of youth. I do not see how that would be shirk, you had no intent to worship any other besides Allaah(swt) A thought was placed in your mind. This is similar to me to tell you "Do not think about elephants" Now write the name of an animal begining with the letter E.

Kind of hard to not think about an elephant when somebody is telling you not to think about elephants.

This is what happened to you but instead of elephant, it was shirk being pushed upon you.

You fought off the thoughts and did not have any intent to commit shirk. Where and how would you be guilty of Shirk?

cat eyes
09-12-2010, 12:22 AM
i had it very bad last year, shayytan was telling me to worship jesus peace be upon him

alhamdulilah it all stopped. don't worry about it sister. i was really afraid too... being afraid is sign how strong your imaan is

tango92
09-12-2010, 12:28 AM
heres a suggestion, whenever shaytaan whispers thse things to you remind yourself of how much allah swt will reward you for worshipping him alone. then youll draw closer to allah swt each time the waswasa come to you, this will seriously catch shaytaan out and it will stop.

its worked 4 me

cat eyes
09-12-2010, 12:46 AM
its not that easy bro.. waswasa can be really bad for some people. i know because ive had it.. people who havent really properly suffered from it don't know how bad it is.

i suppose its test for some people. id recommend ruqyah. play it as much as you can. constantly do zikr and just sit there and relax and close your eyes.

abdussattar
09-12-2010, 03:42 AM
Hmm as much as I know, waswasas come to everyone, but it doesn't come under shirk. Only if you end up doing the act, THEN it is classified as shirk (which most of us don't do).

Vigno
09-12-2010, 04:09 AM
Salamu Alekum

WisWas does come very strongly for some people, but what gives it so much more power is the lack of enough knowledge of Tawhid.
The Prophet Salah Allahu alhi wa Salam was asked about wiswas concerning GREAT things and he said its a sign of Iman. Coz Satan tries to lead you astray by many methods and when he finds all doors closed, then he goes to the door of your belief and keeps giving such thoughts.
The keys of getting rid of this is :-
1- Say," La Ilaha ila Allah" and " Authu bilahi min al shaitan al rajeem"
2- Listen to lessons about Tawhid to learn more about Allah subhanah wa Taalah to get your faith strengthened.

Sister Zobia, actions are considered according to intentions. For example, if you pray Asr with no intention of praying asr, then it's not considered as asr prayer.
Same with the wiswas you are getting, you don't believe in it by actions but by what your heart actually believes.

So calm down sister and try to do more things to increase your faith like dhikr especially morning and evening dhikr and reading Quran and inshallah satan will have no power over you.
May Allah guide us all, ameen

Hamza Asadullah
10-05-2010, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zobia
Okay first of all let me just say Eid Mubarak to all my muslim brothers and sisters out there, may Allah (SWT) bless you and your family on this joyous occasion :D

Earlier today i was performing Asr salah. I got this disgusting shaytan whisper about the unforgivable sin [SHIRK]. I got rid of the thought out of my mind and continued with my salah. THEN. I intentionally thought of this unforgivable sin whisper again and imagined it being scribbled out with a black marker to show that i disbelieved in this thought. But then after my namaz i got into the worst panicky state ever because i intentionally thought of this shaytan whisper which was telling me to worship a person ASTAGFIRULLAH ASTAGFIRULLAH BUT when i thought of this intentionally i WASN'T intentionally thinking of committing shirk ASTAGFIRULLAH it wasn't my intention to commit shirk AT ALL WHATSOEVER; my intention for thinking about this was so i could imagine it being scribbled out with a black marker to show i disbelieved in it !

SOME ADVICE PLEASE ?!

Jazakallah Khairun
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister i have explained all of this to you in a previous thread in this section. It seems you have a major problem with waswas and shaythan knows this and is using this against you. In regards to your question Sheikh Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari states:

It should also remember that one is not accountable for the evil thoughts that occur in the mind and heart as long as they remain thoughts.

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“Verily Allah forgives my Ummah for the evil thoughts that occur in their hearts until they don’t say it verbally or act upon it”. (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).

Therefore, one does not come out of the fold of Islam due to experiencing these evil thoughts, neither is there any sin., as long as one remains a believer with his heart, mouth and action.

What to do

When experiencing evil thoughts one should do the following:

1) Do not be worried about them, rather one should be happy, for the occurring of evil thoughts is a sign of faith. A saint said: “Shaytan can not tolerate a believer being happy, thus when he sees him being happy for receiving these thoughts, he stops from whispering them.

2) When these thoughts come, one should occupy oneself with something else. These thoughts will not disappear by simply desiring them to go, rather, one should get busy in some work or task.

3) One should seek Allah’s protection and refuge from the devil. Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“The devil (shaytan) comes to one of you and says: “Who created this? Who created that? Until he says: “Who created your Lord?” When one experiences this, one should seek Allah’s refuge and stop the matter there”. (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).

The following verse of Surah al-mu’minun may be beneficial:

“Rabbi inni a’uzu bika min hamazat ashayatin wa a’uzu bika rabbi an yahdurun”

Trans: O my Lord! I seek your protection from the instigations of devils and I also seek your protection from that they (ever) come to me.

So sister it is clear from this that if your heart did'nt accept and believe it then it is not shirk. Shaythan is clearly just trying to mess with your head and confuse you by telling you to repeat these absurd things. He knows your weakness and so is playing on that. He is trying to ruin your Salaah but do not let him do this. This thread will help inshallah:

Why can't i concetrate on my Salaah?

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...my-salaah.html

Whenever you get these kinds of thoughts think to yourself "shaythan is just trying to mess with my head and confuse me and i won't let him" and then repeat the following: "A'udhu billaahi minashaythaanirajeem", Also: "La hawla Walaa Quwatha illah billah hil 'aliyyil adheem".

Then think of Almighty Allah and glorify him. You can repeat the third and fourth kalima and also "Subhanallah", "Alhamdulillah" and "Allahu Akbar".

Then everything will be fine sister. Its just shaythan trying to confuse you so block him out by remembering and glorifying Allah. Also recite as much of the Qur'an as you can along with its meaning so that you can understand the Qur'an and go along to talks and learn as much about Islam as you can because knowledge is extremely important.

If you ever need to ask anything at all then please never hesitate. Remember me in your dua's please.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Zobia
10-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Brother, may Allah (SWT) reward you for taking the time out to answer. I really must bug you sometimes eh ? Not that i mean to at all :), i understand exactly what you're saying and recently i've made progress with shaytan whispers, they aren't as bad as they used to be; still are disgusting thoughts but i'm able to push them to one side alhamdulillah, so i've become a lot better than i had been before. How are you anyway ? Inshallah things are well (: I've read the threads you posted me a while back and there's a lot of useful information in there :D !!

Zobia
10-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Btw forgot to add i got your email ;D.

abu salaahudeen
10-08-2010, 02:31 AM
Are there any materials on how to combat waswasa???

Ummu Sufyaan
10-08-2010, 08:45 AM
^http://islamqa.com/en/cat/2022

sometimes it's just a matter of strength and strong will.

p.s was the link in your signature meant to be something else?

Hamza Asadullah
10-09-2010, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu salaahudeen
Are there any materials on how to combat waswasa???
Asalaamu Alaikum, its in my last post brother inshallah you will find it useful.

gohar98
12-27-2010, 06:42 PM

SOME ADVICE PLEASE ?!

Jazakallah Khairun
Calm down sister. No need to panic. Shirk can`t be done by thinking. You haven`t done shirk. You can`t do shirk. You are a Muslim.

gohar98
12-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Jazakallah for this, but i just want to know that do you think i have done shirk ?? Because everything in Islam depends on intentions and since my intention was not shirk; i haven't done committed that sin have i ? Just tell me that please :)
Also i love your post; it had some really good info in it alhamdulillah .
No, you haven`t done shirk.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!